Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Huh. I somehow have more profile views than actual posts.

┐('~`;)┌

Also, can a person with more athoriteh than me explain why it's been so hard to keep the spam-bots out/minimize their actual visibility? I'm not complaining, just genuinely curious. Is there no way to auto-delete posts that contain specific strings like the phone number that's mentioned in almost every spam post?

Also, is there anyone here who's ever done component-level electronics repair?

Also, this made me laugh more than it should have:

Edited by TheBytemaster

The problem is that it's not the same number every time.

That's just preventing them from coming back. Which has value in itself, but it does nothing from preventing them to show up in the first place.
The one constant happens to be the +91, which you could theoretically use, but that'd mean every post with +91 in it gets blocked/deleted/banned. Which may prevent some legitimate posts from appearing.

I wonder if they ever figured out how to get around Greenwolf's checkbox saying "Are you a spambot". That was a strangely effective way of dealing with the problem

The problem is that it's not the same number every time.

That's just preventing them from coming back. Which has value in itself, but it does nothing from preventing them to show up in the first place.
The one constant happens to be the +91, which you could theoretically use, but that'd mean every post with +91 in it gets blocked/deleted/banned. Which may prevent some legitimate posts from appearing.

​Ahh, didn't catch that. How about ""vashikaran" then? It's unique enough to not cause problems.

Alternatively, I guess switching up the anti-bot thing could be another route. The comments section on http://pen.adamhovorka.com has a nice scheme. You could even take that a step further by saying something like, "Type the result of 10 times 6 as a word". (The proper response being "sixty")

That'd also have the benefit of filtering out some of the less.... intellectual posters.

Anyone going to E3? (I'm not, I wish I was though.)

Politics post. Yay.

I am obligated to say something, being one of the only Brits here. To summarize:

Labour puts in a lefty policy, Tories undo it in their term. Tories put in a righty policy, Labour undoes it in their term. When put into perspective, they're all liberals.

Scotland is full of angry patriots who want to blow up the UK and sail away on a continental drift to the Maldives.

And Plaid Cymru wants to introduce policies that waive human-goat bestiality in Wales.

That's 2015 in British politics in a nutshell.

And that sums up what generally happens in elections.

And Plaid Cymru wants to introduce policies that waive human-goat bestiality in Wales.

​Was that a genuine policy? I wasn't paying much attention to it...

​Was that a genuine policy? I wasn't paying much attention to it...

​I don't know. It's Wales, so maybe? The Green Party wants to put solar panels everywhere and legalize weed, and the Monster Raving Looney Party STILL wants to make gravity illegal. So in terms of politics here in the UK, it's quite likely.

Edited by Dentcat

• Moderators

jesus.... I'd love to hear how the conversation went before this.

"hey dude! wanna be in a youtube video and be internet famous?"

"yea sure bro!"

"Alright! We'll both wear nothing but tongs to hide our junk, then I'll slap your butt whilst singing a song from the movie Frozen!"

"Awesome!"                 "wait, what my butt?"