Technic Launcher has caused Java to stop working!

Poco377

Question

I've tried both Java 7 64-bit and Java 8 64-bit and both all cause Technic Launcher to stop working all of a sudden. Only 32-bit is working now.. I need 64-bit so I don't have to uninstall Java 32-bit and reinstall Java 64-bit every time I need to use a 64-bit Java application. 

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

This never used to happen although..

1 answer to this question

• Moderators

before we jump on conclusions on what caused it, post the log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Edit. you need to explain better what your problem is. "stopped working" doesn't tell me where and when it stops working. During a modpack download? during login screen? during gameplay?

Edited by Munaus

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bumblebray1
      When i try to load a pack a white bar pops up saying "You've selected Java 11.0.9.1, which is know to have issues with Minecraft, are you sure you want to contiune?" and when i click yes, technic closes then opens again. I understand that i need to install a different version of java but when i go into the settings for the java version on technic it opens a file, am i supposes to put the new java version there? It should be noted that im playing with linux on a chromebook. 
    • By Morthlog
      In order to allocate more than 1 gb of ram (cause the game kept crashing) i wanted to change to a 64bit- version. The only one available was 1.14 which was saying it is known for causing problems. I tried to lauch pixelmon reforged with it but i just wouldn't open. I tried to find a version (preferably 1.8) in .minecraft folder to get the version, but i could not find the javaw file it needed. Below is a picture with my version option. So what i need is either a guide or a link to get the needed file to get the 64-bit version of 1.8 to 1.12. Anything in between works for me

Edit: The problem has been solved. This thread may be closed by the moderators

• By Conex_0
      I'm tired and frustrated with this launcher. First it wouldn't even launch properly and I had to fix that, then it won't even detect 64 bit. I litteraly reinstalled the launcher and java multiple times, I even installed java online and offline, offline first, then when the launcher was open java online, and selected java online, and it still said it already had that in the launcher settings, still 32-bit. I just want to play a modpack with my friends on their server.
    • By Superskillz69
      I've played tekkit for a couple thousand hours now and never once encountered the battle I'm going through now. I haven't played in about 6 months or so.
      Some things to note:
      - I have both java 32 bit and 64 bit  runtime environments and I have experimented with a variety of different versions (many recommended on this forum)
      -I have 16Gb of RAM, a dedicated GPU and my nVidia driver is up to date. I have also rolled back to previous versions and encountered the same issues.
      -With any 64 bit java installed on the PC, Technic Launcher will not launch.
      -When I uninstall 64 bit java, launcher starts (in 32 bit) but obviously ram cannot be changed etc... However whilst running, I can install 64 bit java and then change ram settings.
      -Packs will download in this case however will not launch even when RAM is set below 6GB. I get a little java pop-up window saying "Hello".
      -https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5MGrYNsP44/

Please please please provide any assistance as I'm not ready to give up just yet!
    • By NanoByte
      I can't allocate more than 1 GB of RAM to my technic launcer, and before you comment you need to know that I have a 64bit Win10 and 64 bit Java 8 latest version. I also have plenty of memory available (16 more precise) and a pretty nice pc, my only problem is that I can't load any pack because of the Ram restriction