Music Mod for MC-Mainly Orchestral/Ambient

Caleb Faith

Hi everyone,

I'm going to create a mod for MC which adds different music to the game...

Would you be able to tell me if this would be something you would get? It would enhance the feeling of the game.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

• 1 month later...

What does that have have to do with the thread? The guy didn't ask for a music mod to be created for him, he said he is going to make one himself, which is totally alright. It might be for modding practice or else; in any way, he can create this mod if he wants to.

Oh crud, I thought this was in the request section. My mistake.

Also, those are music DISC mods, I think he means creating/adding more ambient music that plays without records.Which is an AWESOME idea! :D

Literally, I JUST came here to request this mod, but now that is not needed. I would definitely use/support this mod, sir. :)

That's my opinion too, I would really like if I didn't have to keep a grooveshark page open while I'm gaming to have my background music. I say go ahead!

There are tons of mods that add custom music to minecraft. Like this one:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1032006-125forgemore-music-discs-v12-july-11-albums-and-portable-disc-player/

Although, if you do not want to install any mods, I have discovered that you can actually play .ogg files in Minecraft using the Nuclear Control plugin for IC2, in Tekkit version 3.1.2 (It may work for earlier versions, but I have not actually tested it), and in any version of Technic that has Nuclear control.

In single player, all you have to do is place a .ogg file named "alarm-[name]" in techniclauncher/technicssp/resources/newsound/ic2nuclearcontrol/.

It is still possible in multiplayer, but it is a bit of a pain. First, you must edit the "allowedAlarms" variable in the config file for nuclear control (The server's config file, not the client's one) . Simply add the name of the .ogg file to the list (Without the "alarm-", and each one separated by a comma), and then add it to techniclauncher/tekkit/resources/newsound/ic2nuclearcontrol/. Note that players will only hear the sound if they have the file, those who do not will just hear the default alarm.

Then, in both cases, right click a Howler Alarm (Not an Industrial Alarm), and the sound should appear in the list of files. Just select it and apply a Redstone current, and the song/sound should play. Note that larger files can cause a bit of a lag spike when they first load.

There are tons of mods that add custom music to minecraft. Like this one:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1032006-125forgemore-music-discs-v12-july-11-albums-and-portable-disc-player/

Although, if you do not want to install any mods, I have discovered that you can actually play .ogg files in Minecraft using the Nuclear Control plugin for IC2, in Tekkit version 3.1.2 (It may work for earlier versions, but I have not actually tested it), and in any version of Technic that has Nuclear control.

In single player, all you have to do is place a .ogg file named "alarm-[name]" in techniclauncher/technicssp/resources/newsound/ic2nuclearcontrol/.

It is still possible in multiplayer, but it is a bit of a pain. First, you must edit the "allowedAlarms" variable in the config file for nuclear control (The server's config file, not the client's one) . Simply add the name of the .ogg file to the list (Without the "alarm-", and each one separated by a comma), and then add it to techniclauncher/tekkit/resources/newsound/ic2nuclearcontrol/. Note that players will only hear the sound if they have the file, those who do not will just hear the default alarm.

Then, in both cases, right click a Howler Alarm (Not an Industrial Alarm), and the sound should appear in the list of files. Just select it and apply a Redstone current, and the song/sound should play. Note that larger files can cause a bit of a lag spike when they first load.

Don't you dare suggest a mod that already exists.

Let me google this music mod for Minecraft.

What does that have have to do with the thread? The guy didn't ask for a music mod to be created for him, he said he is going to make one himself, which is totally alright. It might be for modding practice or else; in any way, he can create this mod if he wants to.

Oh crud, I thought this was in the request section. My mistake.

Ahem. Also, notice the "Ambient".

Would be awesome if a mod adds a new machine block that functions as a note block but has an interface to chose which note you want played. Then you hook it up to a machine that records tones played adjacent to it and writes them onto a disk which you then play on a jukebox =).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...