I was using a rancher to shear some sheep.  It was working fine when I first put it down, however it is not working anymore.  I tried changing the position of it and everything.  It just isn't work.  When I first put it down it sheared a few and then just completely stopped.  Does anyone have any information or advice that I could have?  Thank you.  

posting a screenshot would be helpful.

did you put a chest near the rancher? do you supply the rancher with enough energy? and unless my memory fails me; have you checked inside the rancher for sludge?

Couple of basic questions:

Do you have anywhere for the wool to go?  The machine won't continue to harvest wool until there is room.

Is it powered?

Are the sheep within the defined parameters of the rancher?

Couple of basic questions:

Do you have anywhere for the wool to go?  The machine won't continue to harvest wool until there is room.

Is it powered?

Are the sheep within the defined parameters of the rancher?

​I have the rancher connected to a pulverizer and the pulverizer has two chests connected to it where the dye (from colored wool) goes to and the string goes to.  The string is then fed into and item duct which takes it to a steam dynamo to provide power.  So, there is definitely enough power because the rancher also says that it is fully powered.  Also, my sheep are in a 5x5 pen with grass blocks.  

posting a screenshot would be helpful.

did you put a chest near the rancher? do you supply the rancher with enough energy? and unless my memory fails me; have you checked inside the rancher for sludge?

​There is a pulverizer where the wool goes to and then two chests where the string and dye from colored wool goes to.  The string then goes through and item duct to a steam dynamo which provides power for everything.  The rancher says that it is fully powered too.  I have never heard about checking it for sludge... that's something new to me.  I have never even seen anything about that on other forums.  Could you enlighten me?

UPDATE.  I was watching a video on YouTube, and I noticed that all of the players machines had the idle bar moving up and down.  Mine is not moving.  Does that mean that there is not a sufficient amount of power?

SOLUTION!  Finally figured out what happened.  Sometimes I get a little too clicky with my crescent hammer.  I must have moved the pulverizer around in the wrong direction and it wasn't collecting the wool.  I noticed that something was acting weird with my chests too.  Well, long story short, I moved the pulverizer around and then everything started working again.  Thank you everyone for you help.  I really appreciate it.