What happened to Crafting Table III?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend using the Project Table from RedPower. It's not the same, but hey... It's still much better then the original crafting table! It's has a small inventory to put the ingredients. Then if you like to make a bunch of something, you only have to put in the recipe without stacking the ingredients and the remainder required ingredients will be pulled out of the inventory of the table.

EDIT: I just saw this other thread: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/plugin-replacement-for-craftingtable-iii.16048/ Completely server-side and probably is what you are searching for...

I would guess a fatal bug. Forge was updated so there's a good chance CT3 has a major bug in the new forge version.

Though it might just be because of the overall performance. It causes inventory glitching with any item that doesn't get consumed in the recipe, hangs the game if you accidentally sort your inventory while the GUI is open, and seems to prefer the worst possible path when multi-level crafting (like ignoring your cobble and making generators with iron furnaces from 8 iron).

Or it could just be the author requested it be removed.

All speculation at the moment, only the technic team can say for sure.

So Kudos to you xxmatthewo on this helpful find.

I would guess a fatal bug. Forge was updated so there's a good chance CT3 has a major bug in the new forge version.

Though it might just be because of the overall performance. It causes inventory glitching with any item that doesn't get consumed in the recipe, hangs the game if you accidentally sort your inventory while the GUI is open, and seems to prefer the worst possible path when multi-level crafting (like ignoring your cobble and making generators with iron furnaces from 8 iron).

I agree with everything but it's still much more convenient to just put bunch of raw materials into inventory and let crafting table do all the work. Especially for items with very "deep" recipes. But maybe this is the warning for us to stop being lazy :P

If I add this mod back in manually, will it force the clients to have it or will it appear blank for them if they don't have it? I've no idea what kind of checks modloader does and I don't want to make my server inaccessible by having people require more mods but I wouldn't mind making this optional.

If I add this mod back in manually, will it force the clients to have it or will it appear blank for them if they don't have it? I've no idea what kind of checks modloader does and I don't want to make my server inaccessible by having people require more mods but I wouldn't mind making this optional.

Clients won't even be able to connect, they'll get an error about the mod being missing.

Until it's made to not completely suck (crashes, duping, lagging, etc) and meets the level of quality for Technic/Tekkit, you'll be waiting a long time. The thing is a nightmare that does nightmarish things that gives your nightmares nightmares. It dupes nightmares. Who wants nightmares?

Nightmares.

Can you be more specific?

- It freezes/crashes only when you press R button for sorting (and that might not be entirely fault of CT3, it might be just conflict between the two mods)

- How can you dupe with it? If you mean usage of recipes where items do not get consumed (like bucket in milk recipe), "duplicated" items are only ghosts and will disappear at inventory update.

- I have never seen it causing lag

I agree with everything but it's still much more convenient to just put bunch of raw materials into inventory and let crafting table do all the work. Especially for items with very "deep" recipes. But maybe this is the warning for us to stop being lazy :P

I totally agree. On my server me and my friends wanted 8 HV solar arrays (for EMC generation mwuhahaha). Without the crafting table mk3 it would have been much much harder than it was.

If there are fatal bugs then I can see the point however I do have some single player worlds using tekkit and my right click (mac pad) is much different to the average mouse. I hope this is re-added or something to make it useable in single player tekkit.

Can you be more specific?

- It freezes/crashes only when you press R button for sorting (and that might not be entirely fault of CT3, it might be just conflict between the two mods)

- How can you dupe with it? If you mean usage of recipes where items do not get consumed (like bucket in milk recipe), "duplicated" items are only ghosts and will disappear at inventory update.

- I have never seen it causing lag

There are recorded instances of it crashing servers and clients alike. It hasn't happened to me because I steer clear of it. It's also why you don't see it in present builds.

I'm not going to tell you how to dupe with it, but it's possible and it's a problem. Not as bad as the RM furnaces, but it's bad enough.

The first time I decided to try it my client had a heart attack and my FPS dropped off quicker than kids in the pool.

I'm not saying it doesn't work for everyone, but it breaks enough to have had it removed from the mod packs, thanks to the QC of Technic.

I totally agree. On my server me and my friends wanted 8 HV solar arrays (for EMC generation mwuhahaha). Without the crafting table mk3 it would have been much much harder than it was.

Congratulations. You've just killed yourself of a really fun experience of making a machine to auto craft those solar arrays for you. Most of the fun in Technic/Tekkit is using the mods within to create fantastic pieces of engineering delight.

To be frank, Tekkit auto-craft systems are not at the level of intuitivness that I would think crafting table II is a bad thing. When logisitcs is available, then perhaps. But honestly a lot of the recipies are /obnoxious/ to make without something like CT3, due to whats honestly pritty poor design on individual mod auther's parts.

I would like to see it's return asap. If it's not just a compatability thing, and it has been crashing servers I could understand (and I mean actually crashing tekkit servers, (which i have never personaly seen) minor dupe bugs and minor client crashes in certain conditions can be lived with, since they're in all the other mods, and you have the ability to disable it if needbe.)

Either way, it would be nice if we could get a non confoliting message about it working or not for those of us who consider re-adding the mod to our smaller servers.