Infinite energy?

This and other instances of inter-mod compatibility violations is why I avoid EE like the plague.

If you want EE-free infinite energy:

1) Build an array of block breakers and cobble generators for infinite cobble.

2) Attach output cobble to an array of recyclers.

3) Output scrap from recyclers into an auto crafting table that makes scrapboxes.

4) Send scrapboxes to a deployer that makes random items.

5a) Send useless shit like wooden tools back to recyclers.

5b) Send minecarts and gold helmets to an alloy furnace to be turned back into raw metal.

5c) Send sticks to a Generator to be burned for energy.

6) You now have infinite meat, infinite single-use bats, infinite slimeballs, infinite ores, infinite diamonds, etc.

EE is what it is. Nobody forces you to use it. If it's a server, the owner can disable it. There are several EMC generators that work as well. I think the blaze macerator is probably the most efficient, but it's very slow at small scales. Automilkers and Soupmilkers are better, since they don't need EU generation or IC2 machinery. Darkrooms are good to start, but they can cause lag at high speeds and large scales.

EE is what it is. Nobody forces you to use it. If it's a server, the owner can disable it. There are several EMC generators that work as well. I think the blaze macerator is probably the most efficient, but it's very slow at small scales. Automilkers and Soupmilkers are better, since they don't need EU generation or IC2 machinery. Darkrooms are good to start, but they can cause lag at high speeds and large scales.

I understand that EE is optional. What pisses me off is 90% of servers have it on so it's really hard to find a server without (which is the sole reason why I run my own public server) and it also makes players dependent on it. EE spoils the Tekkit player base because it makes it too easy to get resources quick, so "no EE" is a major turn off when it really shouldn't be.

*sigh* I wish Sengir was in charge of EE...

I understand that EE is optional. What pisses me off is 90% of servers have it on so it's really hard to find a server without (which is the sole reason why I run my own public server) and it also makes players dependent on it. EE spoils the Tekkit player base because it makes it too easy to get resources quick, so "no EE" is a major turn off when it really shouldn't be.

*sigh* I wish Sengir was in charge of EE...

I disagree, because it only applies to Vanilla Minecraft resources, and a couple of Redpower things (like gems and certain bricks). Things like copper or silver you still have to mine for, so it only really speeds up production of things you need a lot of, but are too rare to find easily, like diamonds, which are needed for several IC2 and BC items. It's not like you can craft a nuclear reactor, plug it into your Transmutation tablet and start mass-producing the things. Besides, with the lure of Quantumsuit Armor or the Diamond drill, those things make diamond armor/tools look weak in comparison.

I disagree, because it only applies to Vanilla Minecraft resources, and a couple of Redpower things (like gems and certain bricks). Things like copper or silver you still have to mine for, so it only really speeds up production of things you need a lot of, but are too rare to find easily, like diamonds, which are needed for several IC2 and BC items. It's not like you can craft a nuclear reactor, plug it into your Transmutation tablet and start mass-producing the things. Besides, with the lure of Quantumsuit Armor or the Diamond drill, those things make diamond armor/tools look weak in comparison.

Nuclear reactor? Trololol. A mark 1 Energy Collector (first tier EE solar) can generate WAY more diamonds than a LV solar panel (first tier IC2 solar) hooked to a mass fab. That's my problem with EE. Shit out of thin air.

I have this guy on my server who hooked up like ten HV solars to a mass fabricator that outputs diamonds. He has dozens of diamond chests full of diamonds. That is also creating shit out of thin air, but unlike the EE approach, it took him and his mates like 3 weeks to get to that point. On my first time playing Technic SSP, I got my energy collector after 4 hours of play... If I hadn't uninstalled EE I would be swimming in diamonds right now. Literally - I could have enough diamonds to replace the water in the oceans with diamond blocks. Who needs IC2, BC, and every other mod in Technic when you can get all the cool shit with EE in a minuscule faction of the time?

I think a lot of the raw materials have been added in later versions. I know silver, copper, bronze, oil, uranium, and one or two others also work.

The best way to nerf EE is to disable energy collectors. If you can't generate free EMC, then you have to actually deal with equivalence. as of right now, the second you get 7 glowstone and 9 diamond, the EMC generation curve turns exponential, and you basically get creative mode. I think it's actually fun before that, since you have to decide whether you're going to keep these sapphires for tools, or trade them in for diamonds. It can be quite funstrating to have to resource manage like that.

I think a lot of the raw materials have been added in later versions. I know silver, copper, bronze, oil, uranium, and one or two others also work.

The best way to nerf EE is to disable energy collectors. If you can't generate free EMC, then you have to actually deal with equivalence. as of right now, the second you get 7 glowstone and 9 diamond, the EMC generation curve turns exponential, and you basically get creative mode. I think it's actually fun before that, since you have to decide whether you're going to keep these sapphires for tools, or trade them in for diamonds. It can be quite funstrating to have to resource manage like that.

Don't forget though, a Mark 1 Enrgy Collector outputs only 1 EMC per second. A diamond is worth over 8,000 EMC, so it's going to be difficult to start up, especially when the all important Antimatter relay costs a ton.

However, do not think that the resources from other mods should have an EMC value - that takes a large portion of the fun away from things like Quarries. Granted, EE is darn useful if you need a lot of basic resources quickly, but things like copper, tin, and most certainly uranium should not be able to be EE'd.

Don't forget to also remove energy condensers as well and possibly relays to block the many EMC generators that use them. This way their should be no way to automate your EMC generation to force you to do it the hard way and maintain equivalence. Grant it relays are not really bad as you can only charge K stars in them so you may be able to keep them as EE recyclers.

• 1 year later...