EE Discussion

Well, I find this Conversation very nice. Being an experienced tekkit player, I have found that EE Is a very good addition to Tekkit. Even though the final tier of EE is balanced with the IC final tier, ( The gem armour does not defend from explosions and heavy damage, but quantum has less abilities and a main weakness ((nano saber)) ) EE does take the fun out of mining. Now, some die-hard magic fans may protest that the quarry does too, but when you find a diamond or uranium or a gem in the chest that stores the stuff you get from your quarry, it does make you feel much better than if you make it out of pure energy. EE Is a bit OP, but it's easier (albeit more expensive) to get whatever you need quickly. On the matter of magic WMDs, though it will be mush more expensive to mine out huge hallways quickly, the destruction catalyst and the catalyst lens are set to be removed in EE 3, which will be in the next major update of Tekkit. The magic rings are probably never going to be removed. The rings, obviously, were meant for greifing and PVP. I mean, what recreational purpose could making a giant line of fire have? All the rings are a force to be reckond with, except maybe the zero ring. Even the mild-mannered Swiftwolfs Rending Gale can shoot lighting by pressing C and right clicking! The Nova Catalyst And Cataclysm were mostly made for huge mining endeavors. I mean, why else would they be so lag-free that you can blow up a stack at a time with maybe a 2 second fps drop, and all of the blocks mined are dropped directly at your feet. The final and most powerful tier of EE, though, is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. On any good public tekkit servers, I recommend banning gem armour and the best two EE weapons. I mean just completely remove them. The gem armour, though weak to large explosions and for some strange reason, the IC mining laser, they still pack a punch by being able to hover, blow stuff up at will, move fast, shoot lightning, and push mobs away just by shift clicking. The only downside besides the weaknesses is the fact that the hovering is annoying, and if you want to shoot lightning, you have to deal with super-fast shift landings. The Katar and the Morning Star are the most dangerous items in the game, besides the nuke, period. Well, the Morning Star is. The Katar is sorta crap. It does less damage, and it's special abilities are getting rid of trees, shearing sheep exponentially, and hoeing HUGE portions of land. And if you are at that point In EE, you can just make food, wool, and wood/leaves/saplings out of energy. Ok, back to the Morning star. This weapon is pretty goddamb scary. The way it just exterminates things, wether it be a chunk or a mob, in such an orderly, not-out-of-the-ordinary kinda way is just plain scary. Sure a nuke can blow up a huge area, but can it get rid of 2 whole chunks in a min? An accidental right click when fully charged can ruin everything you have been working on for the last 3 months. The morning star can be a deadly tool when welded by the right people, and a ticking time Bomb when held by idiots.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest getting accustomed to the concept of EMC and the valuations. Condensers are great, collectors and relays (one you have them) eliminate the resource gathering aspect. Being able to compress hundreds of thousands of cobble stone into EMC is a significant help on inventory management.

The resounding issues with EE2 have been centered around imbalanced EMC valuations (cannot be customized) and the endgame tools are seemingly over the top when you can excavate whole chunks at at time. Frankly, if the EMC out of thin air collectors were removed or adjusted downwards with customizable EMC values this mod silence most of its criticisms.

EE2 alters the concept of resource management. Thusly EE2 serves a brilliant utility role, but an easily be abused in multiplayer worlds for devious means. Controls and customizations to EMC values is the best way to handle this mod which would let it fit with more moderate views of game play.

Well, I find this Conversation very nice. Being an experienced tekkit player, I have found that EE Is a very good addition to Tekkit. Even though the final tier of EE is balanced with the IC final tier, ( The gem armour does not defend from explosions and heavy damage, but quantum has less abilities and a main weakness ((nano saber)

In that last part on which you said Nano Saber beats Quantum you made me understand reading whats left of your post isnt worth it.

QUANTUM. ISNT. DESTROYED. BY. NANO. SABER!!!

Nano Armor is destroying by Nano Saber, not quantum ;_;

And katar deals 22 Freaking hearts of damage per hit.

No, I'd rather say it's the whole transmutation. It's very cool when it's on it's own, but it's kind of the "cheap way" when compared to other mods. Let's say you want a diamond factory. With IC/BC/RP, you'll want to set a quarry, that will mine out a portion of terrain, to provide a steady supply of coal, and flint/gravel. It'll send coal and gravel to a macerator, and then, both coal dust and flint to an automatic crafting table that'll make those into coal balls. Next up is a compressor that will make those coal balls into compressed coalballs, followed by another crafting table that combines obsidian/bricks (Who the hell uses iron blocks?) with compressed coalballs to make coal chunks. A last compression and you've got yourself a diamond fabrication factory!

Now, for the EE way :

Dump stuff in the condenser.

As you can see, it's way less interesting, and I think it's even less expensive, since you don't need flint, obsidian or energy.

Right ok thats a good way of doing it without EE BUT the only problem is if you add all the EMC value of those materials what do you get? 8,192 and how much is a diamond worth? 8,192 I the entire process not only do you waste energy and steam engines for the quarys (or whatever else you used) but you come out with the exact same thing you could have dont if you dumped that coal obsidian (or brick) and flint in a condenser.

EE.. does it matter? If you don't like EE... disable it. If you like it... leave it in. People will surely play the servers with the functions they like... Or is that not the argument?

I have a condenser in my food factory, taking spare eggs from my chicken farm and converting them into bonemeal, and I have another one taking spare wheat and converting them to sugar.

That is purely because I could not think of a way to get large quantities of sugar and bonemeal. I tried placing a skeleton spawner (to then kill them for bones), but it bugs and just gives pigs.

Sugar canes took far too long to grow.

Its not something I really worry about in the grand scheme of things.

What will be annoying, is that I can't upgrade - as if condensers are removed/altered, it will trash my system. Looks like I am staying where I am.

Right ok thats a good way of doing it without EE BUT the only problem is if you add all the EMC value of those materials what do you get? 8,192 and how much is a diamond worth? 8,192 I the entire process not only do you waste energy and steam engines for the quarys (or whatever else you used) but you come out with the exact same thing you could have dont if you dumped that coal obsidian (or brick) and flint in a condenser.

But that's the price of awesomeness my friend. The stuff isn't free, you know.