[3.1.2 Tekkit][Work-in-Progress][Greylist][Now Hiring Builders] Steamtekk, the Adventurer’s Tekkit

mariofilho

headerbuilders.png

storybehindus.png

The world was ruled by mages, who Built a glorious civilization in the realm now known as the nether, they siphoned the world’s power to fuel their magic, and even though this allowed them to survive and thrive using the world’s Arcane energy, soon the mages would learn that their greedy consumption of the world’s magic power would end up leading to their ultimate doom.

The mages had colonized the world as far as the eye could see, building towering monuments, obelisks that would absorb the magical essence of the planet. Cities and nations were built around these monuments, using their energy to fuel their expansion and prosperity.

As the very centerpiece of the enormous Mage Civilization lied Emeryss, a town that was built upon the greatest source of Magical power in the world, an area known as the Mana Fields, where the great archmages of past had built the capital that would soon become the centre of all activity on the entire planet.

The mages existed for thousands of years, living off of the world’s energy, although for a long time none of the inhabitants of this world had ever considered the damage that might be caused by the predatory exploration of the world’s resources, after these long years, some of the sons of the wizards would be born with no affinity to the world’s magic power, creating a new branch of Mankind, one that was not affected by the natural energy of the world, those who were called the “Absent”

The great archmages, upon seeing the lack of magical potential in this new “race”, began to treat them as inferior, and many of the Absent were used as slave labor, serving the superior mages and being treated as abominations. The town of Emeryss became a symbol of despair, as the unruly Absent would be sent there, to the Mana Chambers, where they were drained of their life, which in turn was transformed into Magic Energy.

At the same period of these happenings, an incredible artifact had been found inside of ancient ruins, this artifact would come to be known as the Black Hole Chest, and would be the sole cause of their demise.

This chest was studied for years at the academies in Emeryss, and yet no scholar was capable of comprehending the purpose and the structure of this artifact. Although much effort was made to find out the chest’s original purpose, no results were obtained, and the great archmages became impatient.

The Grand Archmage of Emeryss, Varius, decided to continue the investigation on his own accord, and he brought the chest with him to his laboratory, along with 12 of his best students. Upon setting down the artifact, the Grand Archmage used his power to contact some of the ancient beings who once lived on the planet. Upon attempting this ritual, the black hole chest’s engravings began to emit light, and it proceeded to open, sucking the power out of the 12 apprentices, and leaving them lifeless on the floor of the Laboratory.

The Black Hole chest would then proceed to be hidden for many years to come, inside an enormous vault at the very base of the colossal obelisk that provided energy to the whole city, and average residents were never informed of any of the incident’s details.

Soon Varius would pass away, giving his position to one of his most trusted apprentices, Mars. Once Mars assumed the rank of Grand Archmage, he resumed the investigation on the Black Hole chest. Although unlike his master, he decided that the Chest’s absorbing powers could be used to further the progress on the energy gathering of the great capital.

Mars used the Black Hole Chest to amplify the power of Emeryss’s Obelisk, driving the absorption to absurd levels. The entire world around Emeryss started collapsing, turning into a hellish landscape. The commotion caused by the cataclysm surrounding the capital allowed for the Absent who were imprisoned within the Mana Chambers to escape, creating a gigantic riot throughout the city’s streets.

Many of the greater mages created rifts into other dimensions, consuming most of their magical power, but escaping from the world’s end. The riot moved on until they arrived at the Obelisk’s Inner rings, where Mars stood, motionless, beside the Chest.

As the Absent arrived at the scene, Mars collapsed to the ground, and magical energy started flowing out of his corpse, moving on towards the Ominous chest. The Chest proceeded to be sealed shut, and a gigantic rift opened up to another world. As the Absent escaped into the Rift, the remainder of the world collapsed, leaving nothing but ruins and memories.

interested.png

We are an ambitious tekkit server that is looking for experienced builders to help us complete our vision of what a story-based and adventure-filled server should be like. We are using Tekkit as a means to expand our creative possibilities and help establish the nature of the story and setting.

What you have read above is but a sample of our lore which is currently being written and redesigned, we are looking for a conflicting setting, with high-tech and steampunk culture blending together in one world to make for a very interesting storyline

If you get accepted, before building anything, ask one of our staff members for a lore briefing, as what is written above is not final and not even close to the full storyline we have planned

As of now, our staff is pretty limited, but we have been able to handle ourselves for the past few months since the server was still taking it’s first steps.

After the new version of Tekkit was released, we were forced to restart our map, and delete all of our work up until that point.

Now that the map has been reset, we have built a very limited amount of structures, and we are looking for people with experience with Tekkit and Minecraft, so that we don’t have to rely on our small group of staff members to construct this enormous, story-filled world.

The server will focus mostly on dungeons, with redstone systems rigged so that they can reset every so often, making them available to all players and only requiring manual resets every couple of days. We will work hard to provide new content at a fast pace so that the player’s won’t get tired of the current storyline progression and dungeon selection

If you wish to sign up and help us with this project, please post in this topic with the following form:

In Game Name:

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit:

Have I Ever Been Banned:

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project:

Previous Building Experience:

Also, if you have any questions about how we are going to run this server and how the features we hope to add will work, please post them, along with any concerns you may have, as we are very open to community suggestions.

News! We have now finally opened a survival driven world, to be run along with our lore world, so you guys can play on the server while we work on the storyline aspects, and get to know a little more about you as you play, which may help you get a spot working on our lore world!

We have enabled a greylist now, so you can come in the server to say hello, and just ask one of our staff members for permissions so that you may start playing, make sure to make a good first impression though, and have fun! We have installed towny and a few more plugins to make it so the survival world is as stable as possible, if you have any questions, just ask us! There will probably be at least one of us on for quite a while!

Hooray! We have finally been able to figure out most of the bugs and we can now safely enable parts of EE!, although we have disabled the philosopher's stone, all byproducts of this item will be available for sale in the shop in the first city! Now you can use alchemy to enhance your experience on the server, so stop by as soon as you can!

The Server IP is:

And our Mumble IP is:

Port: 63264

screenie2.png

screenie4.png

screenie1.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Game Name: Round10

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: A year

Have I Ever Been Banned: No

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: Because I really love the steampunk ambient and it really inspires me, and because I've been wanting to build something like this with other people for a very long time now.

Previous Building Experience: I've been building in a modern city server named "Persian world" for around a year now. http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePersianofAsia

In Game Name: TaigaLulz

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: About a year

Have I Ever Been Banned: Yes, once I'd made something they banned me and stole my work.

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I like the idea the steampunk theme, it's really catchy and I've always wanted to be involved in something like this.

Previous Building Experience: I've been building town and castle spawns for many servers, though I can't show anything due the ban reason posted earlier.

In Game Name:

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit:Few Months

Have I Ever Been Banned:No

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project:I Really Like Steampunk.Its Really Nice.Hope To Bulid it Togehter with u guys. :)

Previous Building Experience:Buliding A City ,Helping Fren Server Bulid up.

In Game Name:Ybk1026

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit:Not much but i know most and i love it

Have I Ever Been Banned: no.

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I love to help people out. its a good thing and i love building!

Previous Building Experience: a few factories but many many townys omg u wouldd not beleive how many town i have hgelped with

IN game name: swilll

How long have i played with tekkit: I have played for about a month But i am great at building on normal mincraft anyway.

Have i ever been banned: yes, if you count banning yourself on your own server.

Why i would like to work On this project: i have always wanted to help Build a server and i love building

Prieveous building experiences I made a castle with working moat and Working gate.Also i made a game thing where people competed in different things and winner gets prize.

In Game Name: PureVince

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: About a month now.

Have I Ever Been Banned: Nope.

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I love Whitelisted servers and building without having to worry about trolls/griefers.

Previous Building Experience: i can make decent/good houses and the tekkit side is good.

In Game Name:ThePocketSoul

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: about 6 months

Have I Ever Been Banned: Nope

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I can help with all the RP2 and Buildcraft needs!

Previous Building Experience: I build a decent sized house full of RP2 computers :P

In Game Name: blakc725

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: about 8 months

Have I Ever Been Banned: 1 time because i let a family member play on my minecraft account( this was NON tekkit tho)

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: i am a GREAT builder and i know how touse all the mods

Previous Building Experience: i can build great houses with or without tekkit

In Game Name:thasmyhype

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit:pretty frequently now. just transferred from the xbox to the pc. picked up most of the mods quickly.

Have I Ever Been Banned:never been banned. any game you name it. been on pc gaming for a while. from a-z

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project:I'm looking for other people to grow off of. Picking up the skills and techniques needed to improve my gaming on mc.

Previous Building Experience:i think the action speaks louder than the words.

In Game Name: warlordmaster

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: 1 month

Have I Ever Been Banned: no

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: want to help the community and try a different style to medieval.

Previous Building Experience: Am good with ascetics

I have 2 questions for the server? the first one being I dont have any perms i cant break blocks or anything the second question being do we get creative mode to build i just logged on the server But it would take a few days before anyone got close enough to even do stuff. So plz answe these questions

In Game Name: HellEye

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: My modpack, mostly the sme since B 1.8.1, tekkit about 2 months.

Have I Ever Been Banned: Yes, once, i don't know why, probably server bug.

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I want build some technican stuff on server with some nice people.

Previous Building Experience: Uhh... i don't know. Building houses, factories, mostly usefull, not fncy stuff, but i can build for exmple metro station, and someone else will make it fancy :)

In Game Name: Vexification

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: Since it first came out

Have I Ever Been Banned: I have been playing since Alpha, So Obviously yes

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I am a great builder with redstone and would like to contribute to a good server

Previous Building Experience: Many Redstone Devices on this server

In Game Name:delmees

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: a year but already played a lot of manually modded minecraft before tekkit

Have I Ever Been Banned: no.

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: because i want to help really want to be part of a project like this. if been trying to set up a project like this myself (on my own) but i just always get bored when i am playing alone without other people to get some feedback.

Previous Building Experience: i build a lot, most of my buildings look pretty good. unfortunately all of those building are on servers i don't have access to right now. so i don't have any proof.

In Game Name: lizardboyuk

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: A year :P I'm quite experienced but i am not so good on reactors :L

Have I Ever Been Banned: No, I have not ever been banned from a server and i strive to keep it that way

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: It looks like a huge awesome project, I would love to lend a hand, Specifically i am good at building Castels forts adept at EE and I am amazing at producing energy >:D

Previous Building Experience: I have Made a Flying city on a steampunk server but unfortunatly the admin was an idiot and decided that the server was going to be horible and we were all being agressive towards him

In Game Name: junit32615

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: 3-4 months

Have I Ever Been Banned: no, not that i know of

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project:i love tekkit and i love building so a mix of the 2 would be great. and im jsut looking for a good comunity 2 hang out with because my old server got way 2 over crouched with 200 + people when it use 2 be 25 :\

Previous Building Experience: i make science labs, observatory's, wizards towers, glass dome/spheres, player/skin statues, pixel art, and towns. i dont have any pics of the stuff i have made befor u jsut had 2 reinstall my mc/tekkit and that deleted my files including the one that had all of my screen shots

In Game Name: ijsman99

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: like a jear

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: i can build cool stuff

Previous Building Experience: i made a modern tekkit village

In Game Name:killkid3600

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit:I Have Played With Tekkit For About A Year Now

Have I Ever Been Banned:No

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project:I Wish To Help You Cause I Love Roleplay I Have Alot Of Free Time On My Hands Aswell And I Love The Story Line in This

Previous Building Experience:I Am One Of The Players That Are in The Well Known Voxelbox And I Am Friends With A Great Skilled Builder Named Alvio And I Own My Own Tekkit Server So I Think I Would Be A Not Bad Builder Thanks For Reading :D

I am great at building medieval houses a red stone master good memory nice but quite persona good builder can help build each day for 7 to 4 hours if not planned things for the day if so i will work on server all night to work back the time in building the server i will not greif if you tell me what to build i will build it i am good at enforcing rules if needed to loyal i hope i can get to help you soon thank you for reading and have a nice day also if more info needed just message me and i will try to reply as soon as i can thank you for reading and hope to work with you soon.

Minecraft UserName: randomrocker12

In Game Name: TheB4n4c1e

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: From like when it came out

Have I Ever Been Banned: No way! I play by the rules, for the rules

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I love building wierd and waky, when it comes to Tekkit

Previous Building Experience: Not much actually, cause the servers I have played on, I got raided almost every day

If you wish to sign up and help us with this project, please post in this topic with the following form:

In Game Name:Upil2011

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: 5 (full) days

Have I Ever Been Banned:no

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project:i like to help and build

Previous Building Experience:Huge light houses and 1 castle :) White list me plz

In Game Name: minemicked

How Long I Have Played With Tekkit: 5-6 months

Why I Would Like To Work On This Project: I would like to work on this project because this server in my option has a great theme and potential. And the Tekkit world of servers needs a great fun anti grief server!

Previous Building Experience: I built the spawn for a regular Minecraft server called Godcraft, (http://godcraft.com/wiki/build-server/).

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons