[32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix[Infinis for Technic 7/Tekkit 3]

LazDude2012

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, prerelease! I like what I see! One question though: what do you have planned with Balkondeur's Weaponmod's unique weapons/gear? I often see texture packs with the blowgun another shade of green than their pack's reeds, the musket/blundie looking like modern, automatic weapons, and the dummy looking like a stupid suit of armor(because the pumpkin was obviously irrelevant). Don't get me started on the crossbow.

Anybody having issues with mod items? I am. When I hold a mod block, the item appearing in my hand is all strange. Please, let me know if that's only on my end, or everywhere. Thanks.

Yeah that happens to a lot of people (I know because I found a post about this).

Oh. OK, well, I'll try to get it sorted. Until then, happy Minecrafting!

I googled around and I found this "Someone on the BDCraft forums is saying that the issues with items in-hand looking wrong is a bug with the Forge 4096 ID patch, so if you can't fix it it's probably not your fault."

Wow! Just tried out the Alpha release and its awesome.. And please don't rush this texture pack and take all the time you need to complete it to your liking.. Also are you planning to do the GUI for the IC2, Buildcraft machines?

and Also good job with the Bronze armour and tools, they look great! Keep going :P

Well I must say, exceptionally classy old bean, at least 3 mega SLJ's (Samuel L Jackson being the internationally accepted unit of classy) or 1.3 Kilo Churchills is you are still familiar with the Imperial units of classiness. If you are Alaskan then it should be noted that 1 SLJ is equivalent to 1 Mega Palin IE Samuel L Jackson is 1 million times more classy than Sarah Palin and therefore this pack is approximately 3*10^12 more classy than Palin.

Because of this exceptionally high classiness I believe that this texture pack should be restricted to use by those whose total correctly spelt vocabulary is greater than their age multiplied by 100, know how to tie a full Windsor and who agree with the following statement "France would be the classiest nation on earth, if it wasn't for the French." It should also be restricted to only the Nations or States that are known to be classy, notable exceptions are, Scotland, Nevada, Poland, Alaska, Texas, South America and Vatican City, this list should not be viewed as exhaustive.

You, Sir, should not only be the proud owner of the most luxurious facial hair but should be employed to give George Clooney style tips.

Yours

M.Chan (Col)(Rtd) bsc

Yes, I've seen the rockcrusher holding rail bug before, but that's not the texture pack. When it was reported, the guy was on default textures. And RP2, while on my list, is complicated, ('specially the logic gates) and Eloraam's textures are already better than most others.

It will be done, however, with her superb texture work, there's not much room for improvement.

I don't like the default-looking glowstone (shown in the picture above). I prefer how JohnSmith has it currently... almost like the redstone lamps except with a bit of a flicker. Also, I play on a huge Tekkit server, and our server has disabled EE and the Balkon's Weapon Mod... and ComputerCraft. I would think that a lot of Tekkit servers would disable these things for obvious reasons (lag & over powered, bypassing PVP perms, ability to hack into real life computers), so I would make them low priority for right now until you get all the textures for BC, RP2, Railcraft, etc. finished. I love what you have so far! The machines are looking awesome. :) But really, like the people above said, take your time to make this texture pack really look great! This pack is better than Doku in my opinion.. keep at it :D

Ah, it's a bug I fixed on my end. Go into the zip and delete "ctm.png". This will remove that bug, and also switch the glass texture back to something more tolerable.

EDIT: How do you like my glowstone texture?

I've checked my screenshot and it's still the same.

Not sure about the glowstone, it fits with the pack but I'd prefer something more like a lamp.

The first line was a joke, it's fixed now thanks.

I wanted a better, more default glowstone, because 1. I don't like the look of a huge pile of lamps hanging off the ceiling in the Nether, looks terrible. and 2. Energy Collectors. They need to look good, and a grate cut into a lamp looks terrible. The moral of the story? If you want lamps, why not use lamps? I kept them as lamps. :P The default-looking glowstone can't be changed, not without EE looking hideous. And I love me some EE. Sorry, gents.

EDIT: AlexandraLenox, the mods around here tend not to appreciate double posts, just a heads up.