Nuclear Reactor (Safe & Efficient Setup) & Quarry Setup.

So, I kind of already posted this on my other account nevertheless I broke a few rules and decided to start fresh...

So, my first video I have is my Nuclear Reactor setup, this generates 110 EU per tick and its very efficient. 2 of these (not sure about 1) is enough to power a Mass Fabricator, 2 Overclocked (4x2) Recyclers and charge my MFSU without draining more power than it outputs.

Nuclear Reactor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_htpKUlOso

Now, Secondly (If thats a word) my way I minimize the piping with Quarrys so I can just place them a million miles away and not have to ruin my landscape and run backwords and forwards. Its probably already been thought of but yeah I like doing it nevertheless.

Quarry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofgb6-oF26M

Drop me a like, favourite and subscribe? It'll help alot with my future Tekkit videos.

If your going to post reactor builds, can you please use the planner?

Also, the 'efficency' on that reactor is literally as BAD as it can POSSIBLY be. It has unessassary components to boot. While costing a fortune to build.

You would be much better off building two of these -> http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?51rw17kf8py2aufnouy=1o10101001501521s1r11r10

Or one of these -> http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?91d4pvxdk5jfa2ukgis427flmclgpi2kz=1k10101001511f21s1r14lflr10

You can find most of the optimal reactors here -> http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2963

What he was trying to tell you is that there are more efficient ways compared to what you did. Best bang for your buck as they say.

About the condensers and collectors part I just comment something from my own opinion, that is not to be taken as offense in any way: I think that they ruin the fun a little bit and the thing you do is actually abuse the system (or you can do it, not necessarily ofc) by using them . Not accusing you or anything just saying.

I know he was, I was just saying I like it this way. And Equivalent Exchange was put there to be used, I don't really use condensers or anything but he said there expensive so I just used EE as an example of making them Cheaply.

I use Condensers for TNT and stuff. Explosives win :D

Well, with high-end EE stuff energy doesn't really matter. You don't really need nuclear plants then, you can just hook up 60 or so perfectly safe geothermal generators for an output of 1200 with far more ease.

Nuclear reactors matter mostly if you don't want to use EE (or at least not the collectors).

Like I said, I only used EE in them videos for stuff like TNT, When you have 3 stacks of red matter and like 4 stacks of dark matter there's no point in mining :L Thats the only problem about EE is it takes the "Mine" out of "Minecraft"

I was objecting to you calling it an 'Efficent Setup'. It's literaly as 'ineffecent' as possable. Both in terms of cost and output. I wouldn't even call it perticualy safe, as with maximal water it only has equal cooling/heating. If you tryed to automate the replenishment of the uraniaum thus needing a pipe, it would eventualy explode.

Also, some advice posting an all around useless rector design /as a video/ rather then an image and then asking for likes/subs is a very bad way of getting them and looks poor apon you. If you want people to be liking/subbing your content, make sure it provides some real value. Do a tutorial on an /exceptional/ design, something that people can really make use of and you're /much/ more likly to be subed/liked. If your not provding some value, don't bother, as there are dozerns who are.

Value of course can be humour, useful tutorials, unique content, anything of real quality. What your doing is like all those people who strap together a crappy adventure map, or just a medeocre world seed and then throw it in a thread with an ad.fly link.

• 4 months later...

... Nuclear Reactor setup, this generates 110 EU per tick and its very efficient....

I was wondering by what metrics you are judging this efficient? In terms of efficiency of uranium to power output it is, as has been mentioned, the worst possible. In terms of resources consumed to power output it is also pretty poor. You could create two of the two chamber setups that OmegaJasam posted for less resources and more power.

In case anyone is interested here is the design that SpecialJay shows in his youtube video at 1:16 http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?hixpo7mwliuurwoiev67deg7ndbaaaxbgql3jch1ymskggtvk

No, I cannot use it because I don't like using it. Nevertheless Its Tekkit? Nothing costs a fortune to build once you have Condensers, Collectors and Relays.

Nevertheless this powers all my machines so It works quiet fine for me.

Nevertheless, most serious servers have EE disabled. And it's not efficient at all. Use the reactor planner, it's almost the exact same as doing it ingame, and is much easier to view in a glance than a YouTube video. If you don't want to use it because you don't like it, then people are going to mock you, simple as that.

And when EE is enabled, why use reactors anyway when you can just pull a stack of Geothermal Generators and Lava Cells out of your ass?

This setup is the best i have ever made and it has an unlimited amount of cycles. Go to this website: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?51rw17kf8py2aufnouy=1o10101001501521s1r11r10

Copy and paste this url into the slot to see the design:

hixr4oywf2fo70vgu572t4gqn1mdox3e6kweynslv0gi48if4

Showing people designs, you're doing it right. Why don't you follow in his example, OP?

I was wondering by what metrics you are judging this efficient? In terms of efficiency of uranium to power output it is, as has been mentioned, the worst possible. In terms of resources consumed to power output it is also pretty poor. You could create two of the two chamber setups that OmegaJasam posted for less resources and more power.

In case anyone is interested here is the design that SpecialJay shows in his youtube video at 1:16 http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?hixpo7mwliuurwoiev67deg7ndbaaaxbgql3jch1ymskggtvk

And did you put in the Url into the slot i assure you its good

At least i am posting a viable option for people to use instead of complaining

He didn't quote you, you do realise that right? He's talking about the OP, I'm sure your designs are far better than his(not hard to do after hearing his power output).

Yeah like theprolo said I was quoting SpecialJay above.

However I just had a look at your design by copy pasting the string into the slot (doesn't the copy URL button work for you?) maybe I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem that great, it has a low efficiency(1) and doesn't output a huge amount of power. This is the link to what I get when I put your string in: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?hixr4oywf2fo70vgu572t4gqn1mdox3e6kweynslv0gi48if4

Here is a great 6 chamber design from the nuclear engineering thread:

Mark I-O EC, 6-Chamber, 70.00 EEU/t, 14m EU/cycle by gloomwalker (Revised Edition)

And here is one with a higher power output but still achieving an efficiency of 1.5

Mark I-O ED, 6-Chamber, 120.00 EEU/t, 24m EU/cycle by Esiliare (variation of Wesnc's Mark II-4 ED Reactor)

The most efficient reactor attainable in the current version of Tekkit is actually an Mk1-0 ice-cooled forcefield protected reactor using dual reactor heat controllers to maintain a safe temperature of below 500 degrees. This design is so safe and efficient that it can hold 6 chambers filled completely with uranium cells and no internal cooling mechanisms, and if the cooling is lost the explosion will only affect the reactor itself. Additional security can be added in the form of thermal monitors, which could prevent a meltdown of any sort. This design will produce far too much power for any type of cable, so a HV transformer is required immediately after the Reactor Connector.

Yeah like theprolo said I was quoting SpecialJay above.

However I just had a look at your design by copy pasting the string into the slot (doesn't the copy URL button work for you?) maybe I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem that great, it has a low efficiency(1) and doesn't output a huge amount of power. This is the link to what I get when I put your string in: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?hixr4oywf2fo70vgu572t4gqn1mdox3e6kweynslv0gi48if4

Here is a great 6 chamber design from the nuclear engineering thread:

Mark I-O EC, 6-Chamber, 70.00 EEU/t, 14m EU/cycle by gloomwalker (Revised Edition)

And here is one with a higher power output but still achieving an efficiency of 1.5

Mark I-O ED, 6-Chamber, 120.00 EEU/t, 24m EU/cycle by Esiliare (variation of Wesnc's Mark II-4 ED Reactor)

Thats not the right one i can assure you what i had is good

I finally got it to work as long as you get the timing right it should work fine

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?hixsfhu4qk5d3iozz0armuqwczz91bf2pfw02cluw6maxtdts

That's something completely different, and requires constant ice from an outside source. Not the best thing you'd like to have.

In fact, it requires 15 blocks of ice per second. That's 9600 ice blocks per cycle, which is insane. You'd only be able to get that with EE or a huge amount of compressors. If you have enough power to have that many compressors and systems working at once, why bother with a reactor?

with the EE mod ice is easy to make and very cheap making the reactor effective

A safer, easier and more efficient setup would be tons of stuff like Geothermal Generators or Generators if you're going to use EE anyway.