Smart Moving Mod combined with Tekkit/Technic

JP585

Search bar would have answered your question in 10 seconds flat.

But you brushed it off, neglected it, told it you don't need it. Abuse by neglect is still abuse, and if you don't shape up your search bar will leave you for a real man.

Search bar would have answered your question in 10 seconds flat.

But you brushed it off, neglected it, told it you don't need it. Abuse by neglect is still abuse, and if you don't shape up your search bar will leave you for a real man.

but I search the bar all the time and I never get lucky :)

"Hi, I'm Ishmael, and you're my white whale. I will chase you to the ends of the earth." is a terrible pickup line, try something else.

Especially since it was Ishmael telling the story, and Ahab doing the chasing...and it didn't exactly end well.

Ah, should of bothered searching before heading off to work. Yes, it has been mentioned that Smart Moving is compatible. I knew that. I was asking if anyone else used it.

I recently mentioned to the creator that Smart Moving would be nice if you could configure additional block IDs to be climbed on, so I could set it up so you could climb on pipes, and that it would be cool if he managed to get bundled with these great mods. He thanked me and immediately updated it so you could configure additional blocks to ceiling climb on and made the mod bukkit 5.0 compatible. All it took was one post.

Now you, with Smart Moving and a little bit of configuration, can ceiling climb on any pipe/fence/vine/conduits/scaffolding.

If "unbalanced" was a reason for mods not to be added, EE would be long gone.

IMPOSSIBLE. Oh really?

Smart-Moving > EE

Smart-Moving is better in EE in warfare, because you can run like a crazy maniac. While the guy in red matter armor can barely catch up.

IMPOSSIBLE. Oh really?

Smart-Moving > EE

Smart-Moving is better in EE in warfare, because you can run like a crazy maniac. While the guy in red matter armor can barely catch up.

You run no faster and what about the ring that shots arrows or even just put it in technic.

• Forum Administrators

Smart-Moving is unbalanced, that's why it will never be added.

Uh, no. It won't be added because it causes problems with a couple mods.

IMPOSSIBLE. Oh really?

Smart-Moving > EE

but the guy with swiftwolf's can just fly at creative mode speeds. And the guy with an energy condenser can practically spawn items in like creative. And the guy with the volcanite amulet can fill the world with lava. And the guy with the archangel's smite can do enough HOMING damage to 2-shot a werewolf (that takes at least 25 hits from a diamond sword)

Everything about tekkit is to add massive amounts of overpowered and extremely fun items to the game. The beauty of this is that everyone has the same overpoweredness and most things balance each other out. Smart moving could probably be added someday if it's compatible. They can always modify it, nerf it, or add a hard counter to it if needed.

Everything about tekkit is to add massive amounts of overpowered and extremely fun items to the game. The beauty of this is that everyone has the same overpoweredness and most things balance each other out. Smart moving could probably be added someday if it's compatible. They can always modify it, nerf it, or add a hard counter to it if needed.

That's not really true either. Mods like BuildCraft and Thaumcraft are balanced quite well in the cost vs reward area.

That's not really true either. Mods like BuildCraft and Thaumcraft are balanced quite well in the cost vs reward area.

That's true but things like energy collectors and solar panels cost a lot, but give you loads and loads of free energy. Multiple times more than what you paid for.

You can't really say that "Mod x is imbalanced because if I combine mod x and imbalanced mod y it's imbalanced."

Well said. Really, anything combined with EE becomes super easy. Once you've found one diamond, EE makes resource gathering a joke and you'll soon have enough diamonds for transmutation tools, and enough uranium to transmute into stacks upon stacks of more diamonds.