Do you like Just Cause 2 or not?

justcause2fan

• Moderators

Hello guys ive brought a new game can I tell you this is better than GTA or APB.

The game is surrounded with 400 miles. and MORE guns than GTA BUT do you like JC2 or not!

This... this looks like american english. I've had it once in school. Let me see if I can translate this:

Hi Guys i have brought you a game that was 400 miles away from here. It's better than Granny Threw Angel or Angel Pounds Billy.

This game, Julius Caesar 2, has more guns than Granny Threw Angel. Do YOU like Julius Caesar 2?

I dunno man, having to walk 400 miles for a game sounds kinda extreme to me. I tend to just buy games from my local game shop, that's about a 15 min walk from here.

I once walked 4 miles in 1 day, that was my biggest mistake. It was during winter and it took about 6 hours, my balls nearly froze and fell off.

I dont know if this JC2 is good, but those other 2 games sounds cool. Im gonna check them out...

Started playing it yesterday.

Voice acting sucks, every time your character opens his mouth I think of the protagonist from saints row 3's acting job in gangstas in space.

Mission flow has you traveling way too much at a very slow pace. Doesn't help pretty much everything has the same max speed...

The grappling hook is nice, but it's hard to use sometimes. Bit too short for my liking anyway.

Transition between movement modes (jumping/falling/parachuting/grappling) is awkward. Jump off a slightly too tall platform and suddenly your guy decide's he's a flying squirrel and you end up going way past your landing target.

• Moderators

Kakermix has been playing with this. I think this was before technic. Maybe before MC?

But you all probably knew about this, while scavenging for more information concerning the rumour if kaker was a woman or not.

Kakermix has been playing with this. I think this was before technic. Maybe before MC?

But you all probably knew about this, while scavenging for more information concerning the rumour if kaker was a woman or not.

So Kakermix is jesus christ? It's all coming together now we will know his plan soon.

This game would be in my top 10 games of all time if it hadn't been abandoned post-launch and left to rot with major bugs unfixed. Primarily, the one that bothers me the most and sapped a great deal of enjoyment out of the game for me, is the fact that it is very easy to bug your way into it being actually impossible to reach 100% completion.

(Keeping in mind that this is a game deliberately designed to prominently track and display your completion percentage, unlocking missions and giving you rewards based on your completion, as well as mini-story elements. It wouldn't be anywhere near as bothersome if it were some minor statistic somewhere in a menu, but where EVERY FUCKING UI ELEMENT basically screams "Get to 100%" at you, and then the company that made it couldn't be assed to make that actually possible in the majority of cases? That chafes me raw.)

The only games of its type that even come close to being as good, in my opinion, are Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (which I've played) and Saint's Row: The Third (which I've not played, but will the next time it comes on pack deal on Steam after they finish releasing DLC for it). All-in-all, this is one of the few times I agreed with Yahtzee's comedic routine about a game, the only real irritant (besides the aforementioned bug) being the clunkiness of the in-game purchasing.

This game would be in my top 10 games of all time if it hadn't been abandoned post-launch and left to rot with major bugs unfixed. Primarily, the one that bothers me the most and sapped a great deal of enjoyment out of the game for me, is the fact that it is very easy to bug your way into it being actually impossible to reach 100% completion.

(Keeping in mind that this is a game deliberately designed to prominently track and display your completion percentage, unlocking missions and giving you rewards based on your completion, as well as mini-story elements. It wouldn't be anywhere near as bothersome if it were some minor statistic somewhere in a menu, but where EVERY FUCKING UI ELEMENT basically screams "Get to 100%" at you, and then the company that made it couldn't be assed to make that actually possible in the majority of cases? That chafes me raw.)

The only games of its type that even come close to being as good, in my opinion, are Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (which I've played) and Saint's Row: The Third (which I've not played, but will the next time it comes on pack deal on Steam after they finish releasing DLC for it). All-in-all, this is one of the few times I agreed with Yahtzee's comedic routine about a game, the only real irritant (besides the aforementioned bug) being the clunkiness of the in-game purchasing.

Nothing will ever replace GTA San Andreas in my heart, ever. Those delicious hours passed bombing the city with my combat jet... All those tanks I blew up with my Apache... All those hot dogs I ate just to see it was true you could get heart strokes... All those cars I patiently placed just to get the perfect traffic jam explosive chain reaction... All those hookers I uh-

Yeah, a great game it was.

Nothing will ever replace GTA San Andreas in my heart, ever. Those delicious hours passed bombing the city with my combat jet... All those tanks I blew up with my Apache... All those hot dogs I ate just to see it was true you could get heart strokes... All those cars I patiently placed just to get the perfect traffic jam explosive chain reaction... All those hookers I uh-

Yeah, a great game it was.

I never got into San Andreas for some reason. Didn't care for the gang takeover thing for starters, and it just seemed to start off real slowly compared to the others. Vice City is still the best.

4 complete playthroughs and untold hours just dicking around, san andreas is hands down one of the best games ever.

I do hope they make the new one a true SA sequel. I don't think I could handle GTA4 play in my beloved los santos.

Yeah, I never really got into the GTA series until SA. I admired them, I enjoyed them, I respected them, but I never felt the desire to finish them, because the whole mobster thing is just so overdone to me. (I haven't even watched the Godfather movies. O_O) Perhaps it has something to do with my father growing up in Chicago, but the Italian families just never seemed exotic enough to me to be interesting.

San Andreas, though: Sweet mercy, is that story amazing. And the voicework, man! Samuel Fuckin' Jackson! Snoop Dogg on the radio! Axl Bloody Rose as a DJ! Oh my god. I bought GTA IV on Steam because it was like...$7 for it and all its DLC, but I haven't even installed it. The idea of a sequel to SA, though...

Excuse me for a moment. I need to find a handkerchief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...