Adding mods to Tekkit. What works and what doesn't?

It's not that manual installation was ever not possible. There were/are people here that were perfectly willing to change the code on Forestry to make it installable even when it would have otherwise screwed up your bees and stuff. The biggest issue in my mind, and what turned me off from even trying to install it manually, is that I don't trust someone willing to make small destructive changes not to make bigger destructive changes and screw up my server's worlds entirely or even mess around with non-Minecraft stuff on my server PC.

• Forum Administrators

Like I said, he made it very clear what he thinks about his fans.

He is never going to be in Technic/Tekkit ever again because we don't trust him, and neither should you. By all means, if you want to use Forestry we aren't going to poorly-code in some sort of backwards-assed DRM in an attempt to punish Mr. Sengir (somehow) by trampling all over the taken-for-granted trust between us and you and your worlds and creations. Probably.

Oh yeah I learned the hard way, and should of listened to your advice early on. So far I have been able to add MoCreatures to my server. I can now understand why you guys have most likely waited to add these.

Do you guys run any additional mods to tekkit on your private servers? Anything work well that's worth adding(that may not be ready for tekkit)?

How to Install Forestry

1. Download

2. Rename the file to begin with Z

Right: Zforestry-client-A-1.4.8.6_bc2.2.jar

Wrong:
forestry-client-A-1.4.8.6_bc2.2.jar

3. Navigate to your .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods folder

Skip step 3.5 if you know how to locate this folder.

3.5 Press Windows Key + R and type in %appdata% to find .techniclauncher/

4. Move the Forestry file into the Mods folder

5. Open up EE2 jar/zip in the Mods folder using Winrar/other application.

6. Delete the folder called "forestry" inside the EE2 .jar/java file.

you can open this file with WinRAR

Done

How to Install Forestry on a MAC

1. Download the forestry client

Then, go to your techniclauncher folder. If you don't know where that is, do steps 2 and 3, otherwise skip to 4.

2. Go to your finder and type command+shift+g

3. Copy and paste this ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher and click go

4.Click the tekkit folder

5.Click on the mods folder

6.Click and drag the forestry client into the mods folder

7.Now right click on the EE2ClientVx.x.x.x.jar and open with unarchiver (If you don't have it download it here:
)

8.Double click on the new folder and delete the forestry folder in it

9.Delete the old EE jar file and add .jar to the new EE folder with the deleted forestry folder in it

10. start up minecraft and enjoy

I've had some success starting up a server with Forestry by removing the dimensionalanchor & the ccsensors mod, which according to
conflict with Forestry, and following the steps above.

I haven't been able to make the NEI plugin for forestry work, though :/.

How to Install Forestry

1. Download

2. Rename the file to begin with Z

Right: Zforestry-client-A-1.4.8.6_bc2.2.jar

Wrong:
forestry-client-A-1.4.8.6_bc2.2.jar

3. Navigate to your .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods folder

Skip step 3.5 if you know how to locate this folder.

3.5 Press Windows Key + R and type in %appdata% to find .techniclauncher/

4. Move the Forestry file into the Mods folder

5. Open up EE2 jar/zip in the Mods folder using Winrar/other application.

6. Delete the folder called "forestry" inside the EE2 .jar/java file.

you can open this file with WinRAR

Done

How to Install Forestry on a MAC

1. Download the forestry client

Then, go to your techniclauncher folder. If you don't know where that is, do steps 2 and 3, otherwise skip to 4.

2. Go to your finder and type command+shift+g

3. Copy and paste this ~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher and click go

4.Click the tekkit folder

5.Click on the mods folder

6.Click and drag the forestry client into the mods folder

7.Now right click on the EE2ClientVx.x.x.x.jar and open with unarchiver (If you don't have it download it here:
)

8.Double click on the new folder and delete the forestry folder in it

9.Delete the old EE jar file and add .jar to the new EE folder with the deleted forestry folder in it

10. start up minecraft and enjoy

I've had some success starting up a server with Forestry by removing the dimensionalanchor & the ccsensors mod, which according to
conflict with Forestry, and following the steps above.

I haven't been able to make the NEI plugin for forestry work, though :/.

Thanks

why not instead of trying to get forestry back in, have tekkit and the other devs add in there own forestry items. i mean u cant patent beehives and fishbowls, as long as the coding isnt copied.

... I honestly don't care about beehives and fishbowls. If you like Forestry, you can just install it back, no need to add a work charge to the Technic Team. Plus, they aren't modders themselves.

Wishful thinking on the first, possible on the second. There's a...history between the Forestry mod author and the Technic team, and it's unfriendly. I can see Mo' Creatures going in, though, once it's more stable. Matter of fact, it's not that terribly hard to add, and the item ID conflicts are ignorable as long as no one wants fishbowls.

Fishbowls could have their ID changed, and then we could have that WITH fishybowls!

If you wanted to set up a server, you could give everyone an installer and a uninstaller.

I'm just talking about 2 batch file (.bat) in a folder with some mods and config files.

You don't even need to know commands, just look them up

PS: you have to compress it in a .7z or .rar to send it by email.