Why does gem armor exist?

So if quantum with power items is best, why would anyone drop 4 omegas and all their power items when they could just keep their items and make a much much cheaper quantum set. It doesn't make sense and nobody has explained why it costs so much in comparison to quantum with only a bit more benefits.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if quantum with power items is best, why would anyone drop 4 omegas and all their power items when they could just keep their items and make a much much cheaper quantum set. It doesn't make sense and nobody has explained why it costs so much in comparison to quantum with only a bit more benefits.

Because Lightning at will is priceless? I really have no idea.

Because they look cooler. And it's pimp. It's like discussing the effect of a cheap suit vs Italian handmade. Sure, it's cheaper and it fits well. But it's not as sexy as the handmade one. Or a Prius vs a Bugatti Veyron. The Prius gets more miles to the gallon! But really, what set of keys would you grab?

Every schmuck has quantum. Cool people wear gem.

Because they look cooler. And it's pimp. It's like discussing the effect of a cheap suit vs Italian handmade. Sure, it's cheaper and it fits well. But it's not as sexy as the handmade one. Or a Prius vs a Bugatti Veyron. The Prius gets more miles to the gallon! But really, what set of keys would you grab?

Every schmuck has quantum. Cool people wear gem.

I don't really agree with this explanation, but honestly don't see anything else, other than EE and IC2 weren't made to be perfectly compatible and balanced.

Because of the greif potential of gem armor on the server I admin, it's banned. But I do keep a set in my admin inventory for the intimidation factor. The only problem is that the pants don't seem to render correctly. I haven't decided whether it's more or less intimidating without the pants.

And, trough you re immortal, your hourse isnt :P

Lol, mine is. Try an invisible, electrified force field, powered by HV solar arrays, with a huge energy storage buffer, with a combination lock, that only I know the password to. Then your house is invincible.

There's nothing sick with skirts.

Nevertheless, while they would probably even out in a straight up match, for random everyday work, I prefer the gem armor ten times over. Keeps enemies at bay, I can fly, I can blow stuff up. Quantum just protects you, which is great in a combat - but not the only priority on your daily business. Yeah, you can have the rings, but then you have to sacrifice 3-6 inventory slots. Which is A LOT.

Well, that might be correct (though you still miss out on a few features such as rapid falling), but I'd still rather have three slots in the inventory (remember, if you use the rings you have to keep a klein star with you) than being even more invulnerable than I already am (especially since you, AFAIK, have to keep them in the hotbar - this could be wrong but my point stands regardless). Heck, the first things I go for is usually a chainsaw and mining drill since I dislike having both shovel+pickaxe and sword+axe.

To me, inventory space is a very, very high priority. So, for me, this armor is very useful. It might not seem that way to you, but that's because we are different people.

If we ignore the costs, it'll be a matter of taste. Some like the additional protection, some like the extra powers/extra inventory space. And when you've got a few EE flowers up, you _can_ ignore the costs.

Lol, mine is. Try an invisible, electrified force field, powered by HV solar arrays, with a huge energy storage buffer, with a combination lock, that only I know the password to. Then your house is invincible.

You lie :P

Description of Zapper Upgrade (What makes it kill)

This is a zapper upgrade. Makes the forcefield turn red and hurt entities that touch it. Works on all forcefields as of rev5. Does not work with the camouflage projector.

So you cant have invisible damaging Forcefield. NEVER. EVER.

No, it does work. I have one around my base. I recommend you try to attach both of the upgrades before throwing out baseless accusations. I'm using the dev build of tekkit, and it does work. I don't appreciate being called a liar when I'm not lying. It works with both, and you'd know that if you'd ever tried it. In the future I'd take it as a courtesy on your part to do your homework before accusing people of lying. Thank you in advance.

No, it does work. I have one around my base. I recommend you try to attach both of the upgrades before throwing out baseless accusations. I'm using the dev build of tekkit, and it does work. I don't appreciate being called a liar when I'm not lying. It works with both, and you'd know that if you'd ever tried it. In the future I'd take it as a courtesy on your part to do your homework before accusing people of lying. Thank you in advance.

Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=65261

As long as you won't provide screenshots, I'm not believing you, sorry. Maybe it's a temporary bug.

Also, let's try not to thread jack here, I don't like getting banned from forums because some people feel they're too good to bother with getting the right information.

Meh, the whole premise of the thread is an argument that's been done to death anyway, so this is pretty much a repurposed thread now. I'm with Xylord, unless you're using a modded copy of Tekkit.

Im using 3.0.4 still. And thats what i read in the homepage of this mod (Force fields one)

Also, other people also say the same (Included an admin)

Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=65261

As long as you won't provide screenshots, I'm not believing you, sorry. Maybe it's a temporary bug.

Maybe it is a bug, but my point stands all the same, I have an invisible force field surrounding my base, and a video to prove it, if I only knew how to upload it.