Why does gem armor exist?

A lot of people wonder if they should make gem or quantum armor (the two end-game sets). It's pretty obvious once you look at the emc values of both, however. After going over all the features of both I'm baffled as to why anyone would make gem. Gem armor is insanely, extremely uber expensive to make. Quantum isn't cheap either, but compared to gem it's spare change. Gem armor costs a hefty 300 MILLION EMC. That's just insane. Anyone investing in this deserves to be a god. For this much energy you could pretty easily generate your own planet. However, quantum armor that costs a measly million(ish) EMC has very similar properties. It even gives full invincibility while gem does not. For something 300 times more expensive, it should at least be twice as good. Until Gem armor is very very buffed, or quantum is very very nerfed, gem armor is useless.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quantum is better than Gem in beggining, but in battle gem will win on long term.

Why? Quantum relies on energy. Every time it takes damage, it loses energy. If it cant recharge on middle battle, it will run out of energy. Then is armor wont have any special powers or will be able to absorb any damage. Gem armor doesnt need any kind of support, and if your opponent tries to nuke you, use fly and get away, or Void Ring and teleport, or Mercurial Eye and make a wall of something resistant to reduce damage to non-lethal levels. Even using explode power to dig an hole to bedrock works. (I made this in just a few seconds)

And invincibility is more than 99% more.

Only things that ever damaged me is a nuke or a supercharged creeper. Whose i spoke before how to avoid them. (For creeper, just activate mob repeling and kill him with thunders)

Quantum is better than Gem in beggining, but in battle gem will win on long term.

Why? Quantum relies on energy. Every time it takes damage, it loses energy. If it cant recharge on middle battle, it will run out of energy. Then is armor wont have any special powers or will be able to absorb any damage. Gem armor doesnt need any kind of support, and if your opponent tries to nuke you, use fly and get away, or Void Ring and teleport, or Mercurial Eye and make a wall of something resistant to reduce damage to non-lethal levels.

And invincibility is more than 99% more.

Only things that ever damaged me is a nuke or a supercharged creeper. Whose i spoke before how to avoid them. (For creeper, just activate mob repeling and kill him with thunders)

I'm pretty sure a nano-saber can hurt a guy in gem armor. And the charge of the quantum armor lasts for long, like, very long. Like, INSANELY long. Once, just for fun, I made myself a stack of nukes and I had some fun chain bombing the world, always being in the center of the explosion. I lost about a tenth of the charge of my chest plate, almost nothing for the others, never took a single half heart of damage.

Okay I understand that gem is better but it's still not 200 MILLION EMC better. And nobody would make either armors in singleplayer since a nanosuit is more than enough to prevent mob-related deaths.

That's perfectly wrong. The nano suit armor is totally vulnerable to lava, drowning, fall damage, hunger and it's charge is really short. Plus, the sprinting and super jumping of the quantum are extremely useful.

I'm pretty sure a nano-saber can hurt a guy in gem armor. And the charge of the quantum armor lasts for long, like, very long. Like, INSANELY long. Once, just for fun, I made myself a stack of nukes and I had some fun chain bombing the world, always being in the center of the explosion. I lost about a tenth of the charge of my chest plate, almost nothing for the others, never took a single half heart of damage.

Even if nano can damage gem a little bit. You can fly, they cant unless they re also using alchemy weapons or jet packs, which are highly more unstable than yours.

Also, ever tried to use Eye of Mercurial to make awesomely long walls of blocks that deal lots of damage? They can be lethal.

So you might say quantum is even better than gem? Since gem is pretty vulnerable to explosions.

Another thing! The hurricane boots take two swiftwolfs to make and its not really flying its just fancy jumping. The infernal armor takes a body stone and doesnt replenish hunger (quantum does). It's almost like you'd be better off keeping the power items and using quantum. I'm suggesting like you can fly at superspeed with boots, be fully invincible at a smaller emc cost than a life stone, control time, control weather, never get hungry, and maybe some super cool stuff like phasing through blocks.

Nano sabers can't hurt you if you're flying a dozen blocks above them raining lightning and explosions on them

We all know that gem will eventually win in a fight, but if you're spending 4 fully charged omegas on this, you don't want to just win. You want them to bow down before you and do your every bidding. You want mobs to flee as your godly might apporaches! You want to control time and space! NOBODY CAN STAND IN YOUR WAY. At least that's how it should be.

We all know that gem will eventually win in a fight, but if you're spending 4 fully charged omegas on this, you don't want to just win. You want them to bow down before you and do your every bidding. You want mobs to flee as your godly might apporaches! You want to control time and space! NOBODY CAN STAND IN YOUR WAY. At least that's how it should be.

But really, what else are you going to use the EMC for? In my last world I had a machine that created and dumped Red Matter Furnaces into lava just for the hell of it.

But really, what else are you going to use the EMC for? In my last world I had a machine that created and dumped Red Matter Furnaces into lava just for the hell of it.

Thats actually why I'm making it. I believe the only pros now are.

A)Usually can win in any fight

B)Bragging rights

Some facts.. Having a full set of armor points gives a base 80% damage reduction. So it's like having 100HP instead of 20 without armor. Gem gives an additional 90% damage reduction. So your HP with Gem armor is 1000.

Quantum works a little different. For every point of damage cost 30EU. Quantum Chest hold 1Million EU. Given base armor 80% damage reduction, you take 1 damage for every 5 damage done. So (1,000,000 / 30) * 5 = 166K. So having a full set of quantum is like giving a player 166K HP.

That aside the reason Gem armor exist is that EE was not made with the idea that it would be combined with IC2.

Some facts.. Having a full set of armor points gives a base 80% damage reduction. So it's like having 100HP instead of 20 without armor. Gem gives an additional 90% damage reduction. So your HP with Gem armor is 1000.

Quantum works a little different. For every point of damage cost 30EU. Quantum Chest hold 1Million EU. Given base armor 80% damage reduction, you take 1 damage for every 5 damage done. So (1,000,000 / 30) * 5 = 166K. So having a full set of quantum is like giving a player 166K HP.

But Gem gives 1000 Health of INVULNERABILITY. You will have always 1000 health. The only way you would ever take a single heart of damage is to take 980.

You will always have 1000. Your life wont decrease. Never. Ever. Except for things that deal 980 damage.

Quantum has 166K HP. But it SLOOOWLY runs out.

But Gem gives 1000 Health of INVULNERABILITY. You will have always 1000 health. The only way you would ever take a single heart of damage is to take 980.

You will always have 1000. Your life wont decrease. Never. Ever. Except for things that deal 980 damage.

Quantum has 166K HP. But it SLOOOWLY runs out.

But honestly, can you imagine a PvP context where one could possibly inflict 166000 HP to the enemy?

I think the best is still the quantum armor with all the power items.

I'd probably agree on quantum armor + power items for raw power, but for ease of use I'd still go with the gem armor. Constantly switching between items seems a bit of a hassle.

How would the HP calculations work if you mixed it up a bit? Taking the gem armor pieces with nice abilities and the quantum armor for the rest?

But honestly, can you imagine a PvP context where one could possibly inflict 166000 HP to the enemy?

I think the best is still the quantum armor with all the power items.

Quantum Spells VS Gem Armor Spells:

Quantum Spell: Super Speed

Gem Armor: Super Speed too.

Quantum Spell: Super Jump

Gem Armor: Fly.

Quantum Spell: Hunger-Regeneration

Gem Armor: Stone of Body, or something like that. Or just use portable transmutation tablet to get food :P. Anyways doesnt really matter. You already have perma sprint and wont take damage.

Gem Armor: Explode around you, and no loot loss.

Gem Armor: Lightning Control.

Gem Armor: Lava Proof, No Drown, Negates fall damage.

Gem Armor: Repels mobs.

Quantum Spells VS Gem Armor Spells:

Quantum Spell: Super Speed

Gem Armor: Super Speed too.

Quantum Spell: Super Jump

Gem Armor: Fly.

Quantum Spell: Hunger-Regeneration

Gem Armor: Stone of Body, or something like that. Or just use portable transmutation tablet to get food :P. Anyways doesnt really matter. You already have perma sprint and wont take damage.

Gem Armor: Explode around you, and no loot loss.

Gem Armor: Lightning Control.

Okay, this one is a lot of fun, that's a point for gem.

Gem Armor: Lava Proof, No Drown, Negates fall damage.

Lol? Quantum does the exact same thing.

Gem Armor: Repels mobs.

Who cares if mobs can come near you, you're invincible anyway...

Most of the power items (Fly ring, volcanite amulet, evertide amulet...) only need to be in your inventory bar for their effects to be active. For example, if you have swiftwolf, you don't need to switch to it to fly, you only need to double click while keeping your nano-saber in your hands.

Most of the power items (Fly ring, volcanite amulet, evertide amulet...) only need to be in your inventory bar for their effects to be active. For example, if you have swiftwolf, you don't need to switch to it to fly, you only need to double click while keeping your nano-saber in your hands.

Quantum doesnt negate lava or drown that i know, its just that it negates the damage, but it still loses energy.

Also, mobs can bother in middle battle. You re triying to aim, then suddenly creeper, or knockback of zombie.

And, trough you re immortal, your hourse isnt :P

And the energy you need for those items must come from somewhere. Gem Armor powers are free instead.

Quantum doesnt negate lava or drown that i know, its just that it negates the damage, but it still loses energy.

Also, mobs can bother in middle battle. You re triying to aim, then suddenly creeper, or knockback of zombie.

And, trough you re immortal, your hourse isnt :P

And the energy you need for those items must come from somewhere. Gem Armor powers are free instead.

The helmet regenerates air, and you can literally stay in lava for minutes with pretty much no harm.

That's true. But that's a pretty rare situation, and we now stated that a fight between a quantum suit and a gem armor would last for probably hours, so a little mob to kill in all of that isn't much.

What does that have to do with the matter at hand? We're comparing the effectiveness of quantum versus gem. Plus, if you've let a creeper in your house, you really wanted to get a hole in your wall.

Even with an Ein Klein Star (Charged), you could keep flying for hours. And remember the full Omega's you gave up for the gem? Yeah, that's the energy you could have used to fly with swift wolf.

Quantum with power items - gem armor would be hard pressed. Ring of Arcana: flying, fire (and total fire/lava immunity), ice, and farming all in one!

Anyways, I know there's another thread like this around here somewhere...wait, there are (at least) two! Here and here. And I didn't even have to look very hard!