Smoother Gameplay

Hey Guys! I've always been watchinging any Technic/Tekkit videos I can get my hands on. And it appears to me that their gameplayis a lot smoother than mine, and I've been experiencing some fair amounts of lag lately, like My inv. not opening as quickly, along with chest GUI, and just walking around FPS wise... I know OptiFine is loaded and that's supposed to reduce lag... I've also turned my render distance to "Short", along with my FPS Setting to: "Max-FPS" and I havent messed with anything else...

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Thanks! :D Happy Engineering!

With smoother gameplay comes smoother responsibility...no, that's wrong.

Anyway, point is that you really need to provide more info if you want any kind of help. For example, is this lag recent? Did anything trigger it? What are your computer specs, and how much memory are you assigning the launcher? Would you like to provide a launcher log to look at, just in case there's a non-game-breaking bug that causes lag? Does this happen in new worlds? Etc...etc...etc. You get the point.

No new worlds are absolutely flawless. My older worlds are the problem... And no, nothing but lots of gameplay has triggered the lag... As for the memory I have allocated 8gb of memory through the Launcher's options, and I'm not sure how much RAM, although Im assuming this in done through the OS and not the launcher...

No new worlds are absolutely flawless.

This tells me it's something in your worlds, and not your computer.

And no, nothing but lots of gameplay has triggered the lag... As for the memory I have allocated 8gb of memory through the Launcher's options, and I'm not sure how much RAM, although Im assuming this in done through the OS and not the launcher...

No, those are the same thing. If you're not using a high-res texture pack, allocating more than 2GB of memory to the launcher is usually worse because the garbage collection function of Java waits until the RAM is full to dump it. How much does your system have?

Well I am in fact using Sphax PureBDCRaftTexture Pack... And what your saying is that I should allocate less memory, so my Java doesn't have to store it so long? My system is a MacBook Pro Mid 2010 running OS X Mountain Lion... With 4gb of RAM, >200gb of free space... I have all my applications "Quit" while I'm playing Technic SSP, trying to make it where my Mac has to focus more on Technic and not other applications...

So SINCE I have a higher res texture pack (128x) I should allocate how much memory? And does allocating more RAM to the application make it run smoother??? I had one pipe around normal render distance away and it was transporting all the things from my quarry... I don't know if the gradual moving of the blocks is much like dropping loads of items on the ground causes lots of lag... But about the allocation part of this: Is there any way I could allocate more RAM, and not just memory to Technic SSP???

So SINCE I have a higher res texture pack (128x) I should allocate how much memory? And does allocating more RAM to the application make it run smoother??? I had one pipe around normal render distance away and it was transporting all the things from my quarry... I don't know if the gradual moving of the blocks is much like dropping loads of items on the ground causes lots of lag... But about the allocation part of this: Is there any way I could allocate more RAM, and not just memory to Technic SSP???

A 128x texture pack is not going to run well on your computer, I hate to say. I'd try a 32x or maybe a 64x and see how you do. The odd thing is that new worlds run well - what's your actual framerate in a new world (use F3) and how far does it drop as you play?

Your issue might be that your dedicating 8GB ram when you just have 4GB. You're telling the game to access memory you don't have. I don't know how much that affects things, but it could very well be major.

Then in optifine, some things to consider:

1. Smooth lightning drains a lot. Turning it of may give you a few fps.

2. One good idea might be to turn the main quality setting from fancy to fast and then setting the individual settings (trees, grass, clouds and so on) to fancy. This gives me about 3 extra fps, with no decrease in quality except rubber trees have solid leaves. And it's just the rubber trees.

3. Make sure you don't have any antialiasing.

Also, test turning of MAtmos with F7. I've found that it sometimes causes lag.

In addition, you might look over how your machines work. I've heard that using a ton of timers and such, as well as buildcraft pipes, can cause lag.

Yes smooth lighting i've found (as you said) a definite cause, but what's shocking is that new world run absolutely flawless even WITH the HD TP. And i have 4 Overclockers in my Rotary Macerator, singularity Compressor, and Centrifuge Extractor, and they all work fine... But about this MAtmos, did you say "the turning OFF of MAtmos" or "The turning OF MAtmos" will cause lag?

Turning OFF MAtmos might help you with lag. MAtmos is the sound mod that makes you hear roaring wind on top of mountains and so on.

It's not overclockers I mean with timers, I mean like redstone timers. I've heard that a large number of them on short intervals can cause some lag, but I believe that's mostly an issue on servers where there might be hundreds of them (due to many players).

Oh, and turn of industrialcraft sounds! Since they only occur when you've got machines and you say new maps don't lag, they might be a part of the problem. I believe in the latest patch they're off by default.

Are you running 3.12?

go to tinypic.com and upload it there. Then paste link.

And I'm also having same problem, I've got these options:

Graphics: Fast

Smooth Lightning: Off

Render distance: Tiny

Preformance: Max FPS

Advanced OpenGL: Fast

MAtmos: Off

Fps while not moving or doing anything and having no action around: 70-110

Fps while moving or doing anything: 30-40

Random fps bullsh!t: 3-5

I allocated 1gb ram to tekkit, tried 1,5 but final result is still the same - lag.

When the lag spike occurs at that time and all the other time the ammount of ram tekkit uses is 300-400, not more.

Pc specs are...

Dual core 2,5ghz processor

4gb ram

512mb vid card

My brother has just a little bit weaker computer than mine, and he runs tekkit smooth as taking a sh!t.

I've tried multiple worlds, multiplayer etc. and everywhere I end up with incredible and unexplainable lag.

// HALP!

go to tinypic.com and upload it there. Then paste link.

And I'm also having same problem, I've got these options:

Graphics: Fast

Smooth Lightning: Off

Render distance: Tiny

Preformance: Max FPS

Advanced OpenGL: Fast

MAtmos: Off

Fps while not moving or doing anything and having no action around: 70-110

Fps while moving or doing anything: 30-40

Random fps bullsh!t: 3-5

I allocated 1gb ram to tekkit, tried 1,5 but final result is still the same - lag.

When the lag spike occurs at that time and all the other time the ammount of ram tekkit uses is 300-400, not more.

Pc specs are...

Dual core 2,5ghz processor

4gb ram

512mb vid card

My brother has just a little bit weaker computer than mine, and he runs tekkit smooth as taking a sh!t.

I've tried multiple worlds, multiplayer etc. and everywhere I end up with incredible and unexplainable lag.

// HALP!

Maybe you're taking a shit too, but you'r constipated?

Try allocating 2GB rather than 1 or 1.5.

Adobe_Fox: easiest way might be imgur, click the link, then drag the icon of the picture from your desktop to the imgur window and upload. Then you can copypaste the address that follows.

overload: Is this the same with regular minecraft? It sounds like an odd error, you shouldn't have that bad performance with such a computer.

Adobe_Fox: easiest way might be imgur, click the link, then drag the icon of the picture from your desktop to the imgur window and upload. Then you can copypaste the address that follows.

overload: Is this the same with regular minecraft? It sounds like an odd error, you shouldn't have that bad performance with such a computer.

I know, I was not having that crap fps half a year ago, afterwards I reinstalled my OS and got all drivers, regular minecraft also sometimes has same issue, could it possibly be something with java?

My current is java 7 64bit.

@Xylord: Gonna check it out anytime soon