[FAQ] Common Problems & Solutions

Nentify

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a complete noob when it comes to servers and hosting stuff and what not. but i can't for the life of me figure out how to get another person onto my server. i've got it up and running and everything is great for me, but when my friend tries to join he it says that it can't reach the server the added server and it gives him a Connection timed out, is there a setting that i'm missing or a update that i need, is there a magical rock that i need to find, smash to powder and sprinkle over my router because i can't figure it out. i'm running my server through hamachi and i'm on a windows 7 i5 4gb of RAM computer with a decent connection speed. Any help would be wonderful

you need to set up your hamachi and log in

so do your freands

then you need to invite them into your hamaci "local" network

then they need your "hamachi local ip"

You dont need to forward any ports in your router ( normaly) sincec hamachi is abasicly a reroute. It will make all ports you run threw hamachi use the "Hamachi port" so your router will only need to open that port. And normaly hamachi just shoots that into your route like skype and other appliations do.

Common bug: With Java 6, you will crash when loading the server with something about NetherOres. Fix: Install

java 7. (On Macs this can break everything that uses java that isn't the server.)

I've added it in, thanks for the suggestion. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a complete noob when it comes to servers and hosting stuff and what not. but i can't for the life of me figure out how to get another person onto my server. i've got it up and running and everything is great for me, but when my friend tries to join he it says that it can't reach the server the added server and it gives him a Connection timed out, is there a setting that i'm missing or a update that i need, is there a magical rock that i need to find, smash to powder and sprinkle over my router because i can't figure it out. i'm running my server through hamachi and i'm on a windows 7 i5 4gb of RAM computer with a decent connection speed. Any help would be wonderful

Well, I'm into networks and so, and i recommend using port forwarding, and no, that doesn't mean you have to give your friends your IP adress every time your router changes it ( default: 1 day time), you just log in your router, go to port forwarding, port forward 25565 to your internal ip adress (you can find that out on your router aswell, or just ipconfig in command prompt on your computer), if you don't know how to port forward, there is this neat site: http://portforward.com/ where you just find your router, and he shows you the guide for that router specificaly. Then you find the dynamic DNS updater on your router, and set up an account. That way, you give your friends an adress instead of an ip, that is the same every time, no matter what your external IP adress is. ex. ilovetekkit.dyndns.pro I recommend using http://www.changeip.com/ they are reliable. If you need help, let me know, PM me or smth

• 2 months later...

i was able to run my tekkit server for awhile after i made it and now it says end of stream and i get this when i try to run it....

[sEVERE] at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:49)

2012-12-02 22:16:08 [sEVERE] ... 5 more

2012-12-02 22:16:08 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:62)

at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.q_(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:130)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)

at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:49)

... 5 more

• 4 weeks later...

Annoying bug/issue:

Some (but not all) players getting disconnect.overflow or just simply end of streaming.

Reason: Excessive ground items, Buildcraft/redpower pipes, timers, and even sometimes tons of CC Computers or collector/relay arrays sending tons of update data to the client, overflowing the server/client send/receive buffer (thus, "disconnect.overflow") This can be due to slow network connections for the server or the client.

Fixes (Some may or may not work):

Change "network.updateFactor" in the buildcraft config to a larger number (in ticks) this means that buildcraft will only send new data to the client every ___ ticks, default is 10.

Change "loadLegacyPipes" in the buildcraft config to false (NOTE: if your server is older and predates buildcraft 2.2.5, this will make some old pipes disappear)

Change "blocks.fakeplayerlogin" to true in the buildcraft config, this usually fixes problems with plugins reporting the blocks from quarries, pumps etc disappearing, as it is now registered as a player event. (NOTE: To make quarries, etc work with this, you have to OP [buildCraft]) This fix is usually not required and should only be used if no others work.

Increase the servers network connection.

Change timers to a lower interval and connect everything using said timers to one or two central timers with redstone/red alloy wire.

Dump "waste items" from factories into lava/condensors

Connect buildcraft pipes transporting the same thing to one central pipe (Like using one buildcraft pipe for two engines instead to two pipes)

Reduce the overall amount of engines, pipes, tubes, redstone clocks, timers, sequencers, etc

All of these worked on my server, hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nent!

One of your mods banned me from tekkify and won't let me back on lol.

I stole some unclaimed quarries back on the old tekkify world. (Which ahref still hasn't put up for download, he's having trouble. :/)

Anyway, I can't log onto my old tekkit server 1.3.2 with the new tekkit lite launcher, do you know why?

Tekkit runs out of memory when I try to log in, my friend get's the error, it says "disconnected by server This server requires you to have minecraft forge installed. http://minecraftforge.net"

This is on tekkit classic, using 1.3.2.

Hi Nent!

One of your mods banned me from tekkify and won't let me back on lol.

I stole some unclaimed quarries back on the old tekkify world. (Which ahref still hasn't put up for download, he's having trouble. :/)

Anyway, I can't log onto my old tekkit server 1.3.2 with the new tekkit lite launcher, do you know why?

Tekkit runs out of memory when I try to log in, my friend get's the error, it says "disconnected by server This server requires you to have minecraft forge installed. http://minecraftforge.net"

This is on tekkit classic, using 1.3.2.

This is the wrong thread, but you need to use Tekkit Classic to connect to Tekkify and any Tekkit 3.1.3 servers, and Tekkit Lite for any 1.4 servers/Tekkit Lite servers.

I've got a small but really annoying problem on my server. Whenever someone logs out and logs back in, he/she spawns at a place that is neither the spawn or the place he/she was at when logging out. Also the inventories of those persons are getting reverted to a state before this started happening.

I've tried restarting the server several times, didn't help.

Running version 3.1.2. Additional installed plugins are Dynmap, MobileAdmin, MineBackup and WorldEdit.

EDIT: Managed to fix it. Seemed to be some problem with the .dat files of the players.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello people ive recently started a tekkit classic server and i was hoping to play with a little of my friends but ive been logging onto the server and have been able to play for about 50 seconds and then it freezes and i cant do anything but close it i really want to play on my server but for some reason i cant!?!? plz help :)