CB++ upgrading (Tekkit 3.1.2)

Sp0nge

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also use the MCPC version from Spigot (cb--):

http://forums.spout.org/threads/1-3-1-spigot-v2-the-most-performance-savvy-craftbukkit-mod-out-there.3776/

Just click the MCPC port. This is a very active project with some good devs on it like mikeprimm.

The CB++ builds give me errors using external mob spawning plugins (/spawnmob from commandbook, and plugins like MOnster Apocalypse.) I really don't recommend them.

The Spigot build has a fairly severe issue where creeper explosions fire AFTER you drop your items, thus destroying EVERYTHING you were carrying, but I have a work-around in ModDamage that fixes this.

Do they even update the Spigot builds?

Well, I keep running into random errors using CB++, which is a bit frustrating because it ran SOOOO much smoother. I swapped over to CB-- and haven't had an issue for the last 48 hours. Will have to see how things go. Absolutely loving this.

I don't know what's the issue with the standard Tekkit.jar, but running on a dedicated server with more than enough umph causes the standard Tekkit.jar to scream "can't keep up" even though it's properly allocated an entire processor and more RAM than I'd ever need.

Gah, getting the errors with CB-- as well. The errors that dump aren't specific enough for me to troubleshoot on my own. Getting exact same issues between CB++ and CB--. It happens at random as far as I've been able to tell. The server may run 48 hours with no issues, then crash every boot within 5-10 minutes for several tries, then run dandy again. Makes no sense at all.

Here's the most common error. It's what occurs with both CB++ and CB-- They're friggin LONG and nothing specifically triggering them. Also, they do not specifically "crash" the server, so there's no recovery that I've been able to get the automatic tools to perform so far. It just seems to "hang" like it's locked-up:

git://gist.github.com/3520139.git

This one appears to have started with MV. I have one guy that swears MV is causing the issues overall, but I doubt it considering all the other servers that use it. This is the only time I've seen MV involved in the issue:

git://gist.github.com/3520175.git

Yeah, we don't WorldEdit much, but have had an instance or two where everyone on the server was booted for 5 seconds while the server caught up to the edit. Still no insight to the above error. Posted it over on the CB++ thread some time ago (like the error text requests) but of course, like most error reports over there, I haven't gotten any response.

• 2 weeks later...

Sp0nge.

I saw you are using the same jar as another client Tekkify. Yet they can have over 150 people online. When I run this one, I can only get like 40 people online. I am running Windows a 2x Xeon 2.4Ghz (Quad Core) and 48Gig 1333RAM. Ram Disk. SSD storage array raid 6. Any suggestions to help bring down the lag? Does Linux really help? Is it really needed? I tried uninstall all plugins and still had issue. I even took out RP for a bit and the world still was high pinged.

I'd be down for any suggestions to get close to Tekkify player count.

Why is it that you can only get 40 players online? Is your bandwidth limit being hit? Is your TPS dropping to 2 or something? Your hardware doesn't look horrible, but your CPU is a bit slow. You can always virtualize unix inside windows if you want to give it a shot.

You should run some examinations from NoLagg and VirtualVM to see where exactly you're lagging. There could be a lot of factors that are killing your server. Plugins, mods, rogue players leaving laggy redstone on, etc. You can PM me if you want and maybe we can find the problem.

Well, I am just upset with the tic rate. We are down to around 10-12 when 40 people online. I was thinking of installing Windows Server 2012 as that was just released.

I did try NoLagg earlier but it didn't seem to help. As stated though, I disabled all plugins and it still lagged. I am just using normal Tekkit mods. It could be the red stone, but my staff of 10 have went around and checked most areas.

I have noticed just my CPU in TaskMGR is maxing (one core of the 16) which is most likely causing the lag. I would just assume that if another server can have 250 people on, and they run the "same stuff" i do, that they would have a 1TPS.

Am I wrong?

The problem is that the mods themselfe starts up some heavy threading under certain circumstances. There aint much to do about it if you arent really into coding.

Ive seen that there are servers hitting 100+ players, what they have done i got no idea about or how theyre TPS is.

CPU2.png

I really think something else I have is an issue. My GC is fine. My RAM is fine. But I thought it was weird Packet.A is the high CPU usage. I also removed LiveMap which got rid of the 2nd one (BlockArrayQueue). Not sure what to do about the TCP issue. I have Gigabit nics on a gigabit backbone (yes, its gigabit backbone, I can burst to 1000Mbits). Also, took off my Virtual LAN Team (I have 6 NICs) and put it down to one to see if that helped, and no go.