i cant wait

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can.

Mainly because I know how long it's going to be, so getting hyped up like a kid waiting for christmas is a bad idea.

It's actually like a kid getting hyped up for christmas even though it's july, hope quickly turns to impatience, then disappointment, then anger, then the dark side, then plaid.

Don't let your hope progress to plaid, you'll overshoot Lonestar by a couple lightyears and smack your head into a console using the emergency brake.

Yes, I need sleep...

lol the funy thign is its the french way you spell challenge ty verry much

Come on, I could have forgave you if you could have at least done that right, but seriously, challenJe? Really? Sorry, that's more than I can take. I'm going to cool down in a pool of lava with my quantum suit.

lol the funy thign is its the french way you spell challenge ty verry much

lol, the funny thing is ... no, it's not the way you spell challenge in french

in french, challenge is: challenge, only the way you say it is different

et avant que tu essayes de me contredire, je sais ce que je dis, je suis francophone

lol, the funny thing is ... no, it's not the way you spell challenge in french

in french, challenge is: challenge, only the way you say it is different

et avant que tu essayes de me contredire, je sais ce que je dis, je suis francophone

Tu me prend les mots de la bouche... Et de toute façon, "challenge" est un anglicisme, le mot correct serait "défi".

• 1 month later...

im so glad every one has had there fun flexing there e-muscles but i still am so ready for the 1.3.2 update to both tekket and technic

Y'all haters just got told by a Helen. Go Challenje, Helen pride! :D

On topic: Tekkit will more than likely not update to 1.3 at all. 1.4 is about to come out and half the mods still haven't updated to 1.3. I wouldn't bother if I were the Tekkit team. They might make a release but it wouldn't help you because then you'd be left hyped up about the 1.4 version... Like Neowulf said, it's a bad idea to get hyped up. Just sit back and enjoy what we have.

Y'all haters just got told by a Helen. Go Challenje, Helen pride! :D

On topic: Tekkit will more than likely not update to 1.3 at all. 1.4 is about to come out and half the mods still haven't updated to 1.3. I wouldn't bother if I were the Tekkit team. They might make a release but it wouldn't help you because then you'd be left hyped up about the 1.4 version... Like Neowulf said, it's a bad idea to get hyped up. Just sit back and enjoy what we have.

That is pretty questionable logic...

Let's say it took 2 months to update tekkit, and minecraft updated every month, hypothetically. According to your reasoning, tekkit should never update ever again in such a world, because they'd constantly be holding off for the next update.

What should actually happen more rationally is that mod programmers and tekkit would work to update to the latest version, up until it is done. Then they'd release it. If in the meantime, another version has come out, then they'd start working on that. If and only if TWO new versions have come out BEFORE the mods are updated, should you consider not having a separate release for each version.

Especially since the updates compound on one another, it doesn't make much sense to do anything else. You are talking as if updating to 1.4 is a completely different, unrelated thing to updating to 1.3.... that's not the case. You have to do all the 1.3 updates anyway on your way to 1.4, so why wouldn't you release a mod (and thus a tekkit) for 1.3 when you get to that point?

That is pretty questionable logic...

Let's say it took 2 months to update tekkit, and minecraft updated every month, hypothetically. According to your reasoning, tekkit should never update ever again in such a world, because they'd constantly be holding off for the next update.

What should actually happen more rationally is that mod programmers and tekkit would work to update to the latest version, up until it is done. Then they'd release it. If in the meantime, another version has come out, then they'd start working on that. If and only if TWO new versions have come out BEFORE the mods are updated, should you consider not having a separate release for each version.

Especially since the updates compound on one another, it doesn't make much sense to do anything else. You are talking as if updating to 1.4 is a completely different, unrelated thing to updating to 1.3.... that's not the case. You have to do all the 1.3 updates anyway on your way to 1.4, so why wouldn't you release a mod (and thus a tekkit) for 1.3 when you get to that point?

If every single mod in Tekkit updates to 1.3 before 1.4 comes out then yeah, Tekkit should update. But AFAIK a lot of them still haven't updated. I bet when 1.4 comes out, those who have still not finished will halt work on the unfinished 1.3 version and start working on 1.4... so there will never be a 1.3 version for those mods.

Or I could be overestimating the proximity of 1.4's time of release and none of my arguments apply. XD

that is possible, but again, if you have to make all the 1.3 updates in order to update to 1.4, why would you not release a 1.3 version? It takes like a couple hours of playtesting above and beyond the work to bring it to 1.4. Other than that there's nothing to "halt work on." it's the SAME work. it's not like Notch takes out 75% of the code from the last update and replaces it with new every time.

that is possible, but again, if you have to make all the 1.3 updates in order to update to 1.4, why would you not release a 1.3 version? It takes like a couple hours of playtesting above and beyond the work to bring it to 1.4. Other than that there's nothing to "halt work on." it's the SAME work. it's not like Notch takes out 75% of the code from the last update and replaces it with new every time.

...then why isn't there a Tekkit 1.3 yet?

The 1.3 update did more than just update the mods... it forced all of the mods to have some kind of networking code in them. This will either:

a. Made modders quit.

b. Evolve their mods to be network compatable, but so buggy that it wouldn't pass the high bar of Tekkit

c. Evolve their mods to be network compatable.

I put the likelyhood of the events in alphanumeric order.

Also, you suck for raising the dead thread.

The 1.3 update did more than just update the mods... it forced all of the mods to have some kind of networking code in them. This will either:

a. Made modders quit.

b. Evolve their mods to be network compatable, but so buggy that it wouldn't pass the high bar of Tekkit

c. Evolve their mods to be network compatable.

I put the likelyhood of the events in alphanumeric order.

Also, you suck for raising the dead thread.

RIIIIIGHT... They did that whole smp-in-ssp transition thing, didn't they? I totally forgot about that... I understand why it's taken so long now. I thought they were all going "life's too tough on me atm whine whine I can't program no mo" like a lot of cool programmers do when they lose their cool.

yeah, you do.

(Challenje, you gonna get freak'd, bro.)

i just want ot know why i was band all it told me was for backbreaking rules but it didn't say what rules i broke

in the vain hope that you will have a sudden and probably temporary bout of intelligence, I'll explain it for you. you were probated mostly because you not only necro'd a thread, which is not a good idea, you then proceeded to brag about doing so as if there isn't a whole group of draconian moderators on these forums. news flash: there is a whole group of draconian moderators on these forums.

as such, you got probated. by me. in soviet technic forums, rules break you! at this point you have two options: accept that you are a moron and try to not act like one in the future, or aim for the whale box. I'd be ok with either one, really.

ok so i posted in a form that i had created in the first place that i had let go quiet for a bit so i could be calm about what i post so there for you guys called it dead ok ill take that but apparently my level of humor is just ether way over your head or berried under your feet and i am not a moron like i have said on other form site just because i am not the smartest person in the wold does not make me a moron thank you for explaining your self to the reason of why you band me