Mods I think would be nice.

brosif

Ok i know Why it's not there but i miss forestry also Myst craft (being a great multiplayer mod) would be great for tekkit and might help withe the balancing issue. Just to ask WHY ISN'T THE RUNIC DUST MOD IN TEKKIT?! It only makes sense to me. put EE in for OP rings and things of the sort in but ohhhhhh any other magic mods are witch craft :|. Why isn't the craft bench three in there any more!? i miss that for helping with complex machines and the like. That is all . . . I can't wait to see the hate and the great informal comments on why i'm a moron :D

Ok i know Why it's not there but i miss forestry also Myst craft (being a great multiplayer mod) would be great for tekkit and might help withe the balancing issue. Just to ask WHY ISN'T THE RUNIC DUST MOD IN TEKKIT?! It only makes sense to me. put EE in for OP rings and things of the sort in but ohhhhhh any other magic mods are witch craft :|. Why isn't the craft bench three in there any more!? i miss that for helping with complex machines and the like. That is all . . . I can't wait to see the hate and the great informal comments on why i'm a moron :D

The only moronities I see here is terrible sentence structure, and still wanting Forestry back even though it's obviously never coming back. Another moronity is wanting EE in even though it's already there. A final bit of moronity is the absolutely useless all caps sentence.

Yup, I think that's a good summary of the moronities of this post. Are you satisfied? :)

Crafting Bench III probably caused some issues preventing smooth gameplay. And putting MystCraft into Tekkit would be plain stupid. Dozens of new worlds being created by players at the same time? Server owners wouldn't be too happy about it. And quite frankly Tekkit is just fine without Forestry, it was a nice addition but I hardly ever used it.

The only moronities I see here is terrible sentence structure, and still wanting Forestry back even though it's obviously never coming back. Another moronity is wanting EE in even though it's already there. A final bit of moronity is the absolutely useless all caps sentence.

I can pull your post apart just as easily. Moronity is not a word. You should have "are" instead of "is", no comma, and a "you" before "still". You also didn't notice that he was acknowledging that EE was in, not wanting it in. The all caps sentence wasn't useless; only the caps were.

If you're going to pick apart someone's post, at least do it right. :D

I can pull your post apart just as easily. Moronity is not a word. You should have "are" instead of "is", no comma, and a "you" before "still". You also didn't notice that he was acknowledging that EE was in, not wanting it in. The all caps sentence wasn't useless; only the caps were.

If you're going to pick apart someone's post, at least do it right. :D

It's not that moronity isn't a word, it's just a very recent neologism. Recent from a few hours, more precisely. :D

"put EE in for OP rings and things of the sort in but ohhhhhh"

I guess I should improve my deciphering skills. I still can't make sense out of this.

I'm beginning to think that Kingdom of Loathing's compulsory spelling and grammar test was a very good idea.

The game features an integrated chat system which is available only after completing a basic test of English grammar and spelling.[3] There are many chat channels, including a channel in which all chat must follow the syllabic conventions of English haiku.[3] Most of the chat channels are moderated; those who violate the chat rules are banned. Players can also send messages and gift packages to each other in-game, and the official Kingdom of Loathing forums are another active venue for discussion among players.[7]

Crafting Bench III probably caused some issues preventing smooth gameplay. And putting MystCraft into Tekkit would be plain stupid. Dozens of new worlds being created by players at the same time? Server owners wouldn't be too happy about it. And quite frankly Tekkit is just fine without Forestry, it was a nice addition but I hardly ever used it.
Agreed. Servers are hard pressed with 3 dimensions. 40 dimensions? You'd be getting 2 TPS for the server, and everyone would complain about lag.

Myst craft isn't that bad, and if owners have problems then they just need to ban the books it'd not hard to ban things.

Isn't hard to bad things, but would make cleint harder to download, yadda yadda yadda.... Besides, might not be multiplayer compatible. Or not Bukkit anyway. The Multiworlds thing in bukkit handles The End, the Nether, and the Overworld. Nothing else.

Isn't hard to bad things, but would make cleint harder to download, yadda yadda yadda.... Besides, might not be multiplayer compatible. Or not Bukkit anyway. The Multiworlds thing in bukkit handles The End, the Nether, and the Overworld. Nothing else.

Well it would work with the mod pack, many a mod pack online have the same mods plus forestry and myst craft in them . so ya.

Frog81: Yeah, some are. For example I believe the DNS modpack SMP has forestry (and is otherwise quite similar to tekkit, though far more buggy) and I know mystcraft in itself is multiplayer compatible.

However, at least mystcraft is not bukkit compatible AFAIK, so they wouldn't work with tekkit anyway. And mystcraft is incredibly resource eating for the server ifuc.

However, at least mystcraft is not bukkit compatible AFAIK, so they wouldn't work with tekkit anyway. And mystcraft is incredibly resource eating for the server ifuc.

That's right. Mystcraft is not Bukkit compatible.

I just searched again and found this:

Mystcraft 0.9.1.02 davboecki Download http://binarymage.com/ Needs to go into the craftbukkit jar.

Only works with MCPC-176.

Here: http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

If any of you guys want to give it a shot, report back with your methods.

Agreed. Servers are hard pressed with 3 dimensions. 40 dimensions? You'd be getting 2 TPS for the server, and everyone would complain about lag.

i would still like this in the base mods that come with tekkit. people can just disable it like they do EE anyway. I Think this would go great on a server with just friends and a decent server setup.

We tried DNS pack before my brother took up manually installing the mods we currently use. We also tried it because it has Forestry, because we love that mod. But there are a lot of bugs (Certain mod not showing recipes in NEI, id conflicts, id differences between client and server that make players be kicked out of the game etc) with that modpack and he updates it to new versions (also server) about every week it seems. Throwing out mods and putting different back in with new problems. It is a good effort but doesn't even come near the quality of the Technic/Tekkit pack.

It is far more rewarding to learn to install mods yourself. So that if Tekkit doesn't provide the mods you really love, you can try and add them yourself. Or build your own modpack like that.

It is far more rewarding to learn to install mods yourself. So that if Tekkit doesn't provide the mods you really love, you can try and add them yourself. Or build your own modpack like that.

installing mods is not a problem for me but for other people its a pain when i got to walk each of them threw installation and debugging. i could just give them the modded file but insert excuse #2 =[

installing mods is not a problem for me but for other people its a pain when i got to walk each of them threw installation and debugging. i could just give them the modded file but insert excuse #2 =[

Yes, I really understand that. For this reason my brother does the mod installing and testing. He is from the two of us the one with java knowledge. So I do server administration and plugins because I'm more familiar with linux.

But then we are just a small bunch of ppl, just friends and family. We also tried at first just to distribute the configuration files and walk everyone through installing the mods, but that was a fucking nightmare. Now we just create a modded .minecraft folder and give them out to our players. I know its illegal, but the way modding works in Minecraft it is the only practical way. They also have a premium account of course.

This is also why I think that the Technic launcher is such an awesome project. They manage to mod everyone's client without actually distributing minecraft.jar. It is obvious that because of this certain mods reach a much broader audience then when there wouldn't be an easy to use installer.

Now we just create a modded .minecraft folder and give them out to our players

i used to do that, and i slowly winded down to just useing tekkit(witch we all like better anyway) i did get forestry back on the server but, such a pain walking ppl threw this. even if they are in the same house.

+1 Technic Points

guess when im not so busy anymore i should jump into learning java.