Sound Good for a Tekkit Server?

m1dude

You spawn in a world with only a spawn, but it has portals to two different sets of worlds (normal, end, nether). One set is a PVP faction world where everything goes. The other set is a no griefing, no stealing, PVP-sometimes. In the first rank you choose which set to go to but once you go through, you can't come back. In the ranks above, you are able to go back and forth.

I am waiting for tekkit to update but I am going to do this soon.

I dunno, Half of me says I would try that and the other half of me says nope been there seen it. See I had the same idea a long time ago but before our server moved to Tekkit I had a Space world with plans to branch portals to other planets and each faction would have their own world so factions wars would be to conquer entire worlds not just the faction so you would have these awesome battles going on between many smaller worlds probably only size of 1200x1200 per faction small but decent for a single faction or a small alliance but over about 10 worlds in total you could portal to any world from Space at any time and try and take it over.

I had a back story and everything for it.

So I can see where this Idea could be going but I have just seen way too many servers with more than one world and unless the world is unique in every single way, different theme and everything and not a standard Minecraft world such as The End or Nether but instead Lava based surface worlds Ice and snow worlds, some whacky alien world I probably wouldn't go for it or waste my own money getting our development team to make unique mods for it.

I do like the idea but I am just saying that it could use more depth.

If your interested in finishing where I took off midway through vanilla 1.9 Pre release stage feel free I actually documented the whole thing on YouTube if you wanted to see the progress we made.

I have not updated my channel in a while but I feel I probably should, I have a 6 year plan to host two powerful servers on a 10gig dedicated line and with hopes to establish a new server farm some day.

Anyway Here is the link for our channel maybe it will give u some ideas.

The channel has been up for a while and I am not the only one who has submitted content from our past servers other players have as well. Just type MindCalf in Google or in Youtube search it will come up with a bunch of stuff related to our past servers. Again I am not trying to derail this thread I am just trying to help you out with ideas.

I should get back to doing more stuff on the channel with our current Tekkit Server even though I have not made a unique world yet I did start a unique world which people keep sending me PM's about since I know how to make Tekkit work with Terrain Generation plugins like Terrain Control I posted my world I had planned for our current Tekkit Server on the forum some place the entire configs and all ready to just load and play. Since I ran into a couple small issues I didn't want to release the world until I was happy with it. I am just going to make a better world for our next map :)

Edit

Tekkit 3.1.2 Recommended for Client is out already mate if that is what your after.

Oh and my past idea was to start out on planet Earth with some sort of reason to be leaving I used the introduction of the Endermen in Minecraft 1.9 as my basis for leaving Earth and heading to Space, The Earth world served as our servers Idiot test and Tutorial.

I think you are leading with a good idea but like I said needs a couple more details before it becomes really interesting.

I dunno, Half of me says I would try that and the other half of me says nope been there seen it. See I had the same idea a long time ago but before our server moved to Tekkit I had a Space world with plans to branch portals to other planets and each faction would have there own world so factions wars would be to conquer entire worlds not just the faction so you would have these awesome battles going on between many smaller worlds probably only size of 1200x1200 per faction small but decent for a single faction or a small alliance but over about 10 worlds in total you could portal to any world from Space at any time.

I had intro story and everything for it. So I can see where this Idea could be going but I have just seen way too many servers with more than one world and unless the world is unique in every single way different theme and everything and not a standard Minecraft world such as The End or Nether but instead Lava based surface worlds Ice and snow worlds, some whacky alien world I probably wouldn't go for it or waste my own money getting our development team to make unique mods for it.

I do like the idea but I am just saying that it could use more depth.

If your interested in finishing where I took off midway through vanilla 1.9 Pre release stage feel free I actually documented the whole thing on YouTube if you wanted to see the progress we made.

I have not updated my channel in a while but I feel I probably should, I have a 6 year plan to host two powerful servers on a 10gig dedicated line and with hopes to establish a new server farm some day.

Anyway Here is the link for our channel maybe it will give u some ideas.

Channel has been up for a while and I am not the only one who has submitted content from out past servers just type MindCalf in Google or in Youtube search will come up with a bunch of stuff related to our server. Again I am not trying to derail this thread I am just trying to help you out with ideas.

Edit

Tekkit 3.1.2 Recommended for Client is out already mate if that is what your after.

Oh and my past idea was to start out on planet Earth with some sort of reason to be leaving I used the introduction of the Endermen in Minecraft 1.9 as my basis for leaving Earth and heading to Space, The Earth world served as our servers Idiot test and Tutorial.

I think you are leading with a good idea but like I said needs a couple more details before it becomes really interesting.

I meant that I am waiting for tekkit to update to 1.3.1. I think we are gonig in two different directions here. My plan is to have the two most used server types in the same one. Having them seperate but together, like the inventories don't mix. You know what I mean?

could u tell me how to set-up a server 0r tell me where a video is ?

Download the 3.1.2.zip from the tekkit section of the technic pack website, extract, and run the launch.bat. BAM! You're done.

I meant that I am waiting for tekkit to update to 1.3.1. I think we are gonig in two different directions here. My plan is to have the two most used server types in the same one. Having them seperate but together, like the inventories don't mix. You know what I mean?

Yea I get what you mean, though again its pretty common I can probably recommended a plugin that does should do that pretty well if you need help with that.

You just want each world to have its own inventory that does not carry through to other worlds. I just thought you wanted a unique server that's all so I thought Id share the experiences I have been involved in the past 2 years of hosting servers.

Besides you don't want 1.3.1 its a giant lag fest, The server now sends packets for almost all sounds in game, Mobs,Walking,Doors all send packets to server and back to clients massive lag its a giant well I cannot say what I think here because of children but 1.2.5 is a hell of more stable and less broken.

Yea I get what you mean, though again its pretty common I can probably recommended a plugin that does should do that pretty well if you need help with that.

You just want each world to have its own inventory that does not carry through to other worlds. I just thought you wanted a unique server that's all so I thought Id share the experiences I have been involved in the past 2 years of hosting servers.

Besides you don't want 1.3.1 its a giant lag fest, The server now sends packets for almost all sounds in game, Mobs,Walking,Doors all send packets to server and back to clients massive lag its a giant well I cannot say what I think here because of children but 1.2.5 is a hell of more stable and less broken.

Thanks i'll check it out. Trust me, it'll be unique.