Yogscast

gslongboarder

^Well Tekkit with Duncan (Part of yogscast btw) is pretty informative if you ask me, its rather long, but it really helped me.

Also, it could be the Forestry mod, that was removed from the pack. Duncan for example features the mod a bit in the early episodes, but can't because it was removed.

They keep using so much buildcraft and ee it hurts. Don't look at yogscast for information on tekkit.

I consider myself an tekkit noob, where can I get good information? And whats so bad about buildcraft and EE?

I watched the whole Duncan Tekkit Series, learned alot from it.

I consider myself an tekkit noob, where can I get good information? And whats so bad about buildcraft and EE?

hey man if you wanna se some awsome technic pack videos that are atleast i think extreamly informetive go check out THIS Lets play right now only the first episode is out but nr# 2 and 3 are ready and are waiting i think i'll post ep 2 today / tomorrow :)

Read wikis or if you must watch direwolf. Buildcraft is full of half-assery like the leaky pipes and terrible coding while EE is suped-up creative mode with no downsides.

have you even tried getting things in ee legit? its hard, especially in singleplayer, taking me close to a week to get a swiftwolf, even with a collector array. even then, you are saying its like creative, but i didn't know you could run out of emc with creative.

have you even tried getting things in ee legit? its hard, especially in singleplayer, taking me close to a week to get a swiftwolf, even with a collector array. even then, you are saying its like creative, but i didn't know you could run out of emc with creative.

Really? I got to DM armor in about 4 days.. :/

so you only do stuff with ee until you finish it? throughout the period of this, i was making logistics sorting systems, which are extremely expensive, even with ee, and a lot of ee is waiting anyways, so if you afk for a few hours, you get an insane amount of emc, and i have only done that once.

so you only do stuff with ee until you finish it? throughout the period of this, i was making logistics sorting systems, which are extremely expensive, even with ee, and a lot of ee is waiting anyways, so if you afk for a few hours, you get an insane amount of emc, and i have only done that once.

World Anchor and hours of farming tours work well too with EMC generation from power flowers.

What kind of logistic systems you are speaking of?

EE is full of exploitative loops and it will take roughly two days with minimal quarrying to get gem armor if you aren't pushing yourself. Just look at cobble to slabs (first thing you can do), darkrooms, milking machines or ultimately blaze farms. Collectors and relays are there only to slow you down.

....With a diving rod, and knowlege of how the mod works, I bet you could do it in 4-5 hours tops.

The problem with EE is it runs on a diffrent pardime to everything else, and the condensor. Preriod.

The problem with it is it's almost always a short cut. Why build a reactor cooling system or stable reactor, when you can just condense ice? Need the iridum armour? peice of cake when diamonds stop beign scarce. Strgling to find your first few diamonds? Macerate one from coal, get the diving rod and laugh all the way home. Sorting system? Why bother, just EMC everything. And thats just the intermod interactions.

Also, buildcraft pipes are awful. And a good way to lose a world. A quarry worth of items leaking out of a pipe are usualy more then a client can handle. Use redpower tubes and sorting machine. Takes a tiny bit more investment in resources and working it out, but it becomes 100X simplert the moment you try to do soemthing more complex with buildcraft then pipe items from A to B with leaky output.

Direwolf20 can be quite boring with the way he talks, but he explains mod items very well and knows how to use them. His redpower2 mod spotlights really helped me understand redpower 2 items.Let's play Season 4 is also very informative, but he uses a lot of SSP only mods in there.

I find the Yogscast entertaining, but they are too slow (and sometimes quite noob) to use as guide.

Direwolf20 can be quite boring with the way he talks, but he explains mod items very well and knows how to use them. His redpower2 mod spotlights really helped me understand redpower 2 items.Let's play Season 4 is also very informative, but he uses a lot of SSP only mods in there.

I find the Yogscast entertaining, but they are too slow (and sometimes quite noob) to use as guide.

You're talking about Lewis and Simon? They're funny, but there is no way in hell you can learn anything about Technic from them ; in fact, they'll get you some bad habits, like using pipes for everything and more. If you want to learn while sticking with the Yogcast, Duncan is alright, even though he does make errors.

You're talking about Lewis and Simon? They're funny, but there is no way in hell you can learn anything about Technic from them ; in fact, they'll get you some bad habits, like using pipes for everything and more. If you want to learn while sticking with the Yogcast, Duncan is alright, even though he does make errors.

I like most of the yogscast tekkit videos. Especially find Sips and Sjin funny. And I agree, the yogscast vids about Tekkit are not meant to be mod spotlights. Even Duncan isn't that good, he clearly is learning the mods on the go. But maybe he wants to show the errors on purpose. Anyway, if you can prevent falling asleep during Direwolf20's vids, you can learn a lot about the mods in Tekkit. He also has a decent tempo in building and gives great tips.

omegajasm, have you even heard of logistics pipes? don't get mere wrong, i always use redpower over buildcraft, even when impractical t so, but even sorting machines and overcomplicated networks do not rival logistics pipes.

He refers to Tekkit, so my guess is that he can't use logistic pipes.