Looking for a Server (No luck so far)

Mar1k

I've been looking for a server on and off for a weeks. I put up my own Tekkit again for a while (and to me that just isn't fun because then I am God). I've tried about 5-6 servers and they either lag hard or go down for hours at a time randomly. I've also sent whitelist requests in a few threads and gotten no responses (and as usual I've noticed that those servers have severe issues with staying up to from the comments in their threads).

What I'm looking for:

• Optional PVP (doesn't have to be turned off or toggle-able but I'd prefer being able to opt out)
  • 90%+ uptime (I know it's difficult at times with the bugs, maintenance issues etc)
  • The ability to "get to" areas that are void of people/towns/buildings. Ie: If an admin can "move" me to a spot 3-4 miles away from civilization then that works for me. Or at least if I can physically get there without having to swim 5 miles through massive oceans like on some servers.
  • Tekkit 3.1.2/1.2.5+
  • I don't care what's turned off. If EE is turned off it doesn't bother me. As long as Tekkit is still functional and hasn't been stripped of functionality.
  • No douche bag admins. We all know there are plenty of those. If I want to be trolled I'll open an account on 4Chan.
  • No griefing allowed.
  • Protections (WorldGuard / ProtectionStones / Etc) and the ability to prevent blocks being destroyed, creeper explosion damage to buildings and fire spread.

That's it. Anyone with a whitelist server (preferably) like the above mind shooting me some info?

We got a server that i think should suit ur needs. You can find our uptime here: http://minestatus.net/22474-tekkitcraft

"No greif" is in our mind a stupid rule, so we instead fixed whatever ways ppl have to greif with. You cant tell ppl, "do not exploit this as its bad", people will just do it regardless.

For protection we have Towny that we adjusted to be automated so that when people goes inactive (or neglet the town upkeep) the protection falls, making avalible areas for new players and towns.

Stuff that will bypass Towny is fixed long time ago. Only few greifs we are having is due to failure of players themselfe to set the correct perms for theyre area. Default by us, its impossible to greif.

We dont teleport people around beside the 4 portals we have at spawn, so some walking is needed to find new land on our server ofc. Also we belive most of the actions is in the players responsibility, we have a pretty easy set of "rules" that is presented on every login. Its up to the players to actually read them and play by them. And most importantly, 0 refunds ever.

Also we made a tutorialworld right next to /spawn, so that most should be pretty easy to figure out and learn. All the fixes done to Tekkit isnt atm listed anywhere, but trust me, its alot. U can eighter search for TekkitCraft here on these forums, or check our minestatuspage.

And at last, I cant tell if im a douche or not, thats up to the players to decide themselfe :P

We're not open just yet, but we should cover most of those bases

• PvP would be off in Towns
  • Check our uptimes of our regular SMP1 and SMP2
  • We usually put up "wild warps" so people can go to various areas on the map
  • Yup
  • We'll have a sign with disabled items
  • Our admins are very mature and only care about the game in progress
  • In our "Build" world, you cannot build/grief in the wild, in our "Mine" world, it's all out
  • Towns will be protected

Hope this helps, our serv: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/duncsweb-24-7-tekkit-3-1-2-all-skill-levels-large-community-towns-economy.20521/

We got a server that i think should suit ur needs.

No offense, but the worldgen is horrible. I tend to look for deserts (for cactus), rubber trees and what not. When I start on a server I'll walk for as long as I can to get away from people. I hit the edge of the map on your server after rowing for like 30 minutes and I was literally in massive ocean for half of that time. There seems to be very little land. What land there is, is featureless. Just grass or jungle with nothing of real value. There's also towns and structures everywhere there is land (most of them seem to look like they've been hit by a tornado and 10% of the structure is left).

Ah, so that was you :)

Our server isnt new, so ofc there are abandoned structures around where townyprotection has fallen. Shame that you didnt find a spot. I cant really say much more than I hope you get better luck on ur next attempt :)

Should have added that u might would prefer a less populated server and i prob wouldt not posted here.

Ah, so that was you :)

Our server isnt new, so ofc there are abandoned structures around where townyprotection has fallen. Shame that you didnt find a spot. I cant really say much more than I hope you get better luck on ur next attempt :)

Should have added that u might would prefer a less populated server and i prob wouldt not posted here.

I don't mind populated there just doesn't appear to be... land features that I need if you know what I mean :P

On the desertpart I kinda have to agree. From all the traveling ive had in regards of bugs etc on the server, when thinking of it, i really havent seen much desert at all.

Hey man, could you do me a favor? Could you delete my file in the world folder that has something to do with the transmutation table? I was advised by the guys in the EE IRC that it might fix some of my issues with the transmutation tablet. At first it seemed to work Ok (minus having to re-open it if I had pulled anything out of it to be able to take something else out of it). Now it refuses to learn anything. Is stuck in Fuel mode (even though it says not locked) Etc. Putting a Klein Star on it doesn't fix the locked issue. I have like 150,000 EMC I would like to transmute to get some parts to make better machines.