Empty End?

matejdro

I have just entered the end on our server and it does not appear to be generated. I spawned on small obsidian platform in the middle of nowhere. No endstone, no dragon, no endermen, no nothing.

After spawning I have placed some cobblestone, an ender chest and a torch. Then I killed myself and entered end portal again. I spawned at the same location, but ender chest and torch disappeared while cobble remained.

Could that be tekkit related in any way? How could I solve that?

Check your coordinates. If you're not at somewhere nearby 0,0 that's why you don't see an end. I had this happen on my server and I had to manually teleport myself to 0,0 and the end was there but intially it was like how you described. I think the end portals are not properly being setup near the center as they should. Not really sure why they do that either. I didn't have this problem in 3.0.4. After 3.1.1 update it started happening. It might be one of the mods that have been ported over that's jacking it up or either the tekkit guys added too many mods that they are now conflicting with one another.

Another side note is that when I did get there, there was about 20 ender dragons flying around and none seemed to be any less of the dragon than the main one...if there was one specifically you're supposed to kill. This was happening in 3.0.4 tho.

I guess we will be building a railroad or something to 0,0 then (it's around 600 blocks away). Thanks!

Oh btw do anyone have any idea about other problem? It seems that everything I place on obsidian platform, disappears when I exit/re-enter the end. But everything I put to the side of obsidian platform, stays.

• 4 weeks later...

It is annoying. We just set our spawn with MV and we use WorldBorder (already on the server anyway). Any time someone takes a stronghold portal, the WB kicks in and pushes them to spawn. We regenerate ours every day to give players a dragon for fun and this solution works best for us. Nice plugin solution though!

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to be that old so I'll not start a new thread. Similar issue, though I made a rending gale ring so I could fly to find the island, no biggie.

Big issue for me is the ender dragon seems to be missing. The island is there and the towers, endermen and such are all there but the ender dragon seems to have not spawned. I've checked the essentials config, deleted the end world folder and let it re-create by entering portal again but no change.

Seems odd because I've seen other people saying they had nearly 10 dragons somehow spawn in their tekkit smp.

Any ideas?

I do have multiverse and skylandsPlus installed but I havent even looked at the config files yet let alone actually used them. Could that be causing an issue?

The island is there and the towers, endermen and such are all there but the ender dragon seems to have not spawned. I've checked the essentials config, deleted the end world folder and let it re-create by entering portal again but no change.

I have the exact same issue on my server. Without using essentials, skylandsPlus, multiverse or any other multi world plugin.

I have searched for a solution to the missing ender dragon issue and the only thing I could come up with is to use a bukkit plugin for the ender dragon. I am using Enderdragons+ but I believe there are others. The bukkit plugins also makes the dragon a lot more configurable and respawnable.

I have also tried using the enderportalfix that is listed in this thread, and it does not work for our portals we still spawn on the obsidian pad about 700 blocks away. but if we do log out then back in it does spawn us at the end island around 0,0.