What was the best childhood game for you?

MrFly

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few.

- PS2 -

TY the Tasmanian Tiger (Boomerangs are the BEST WEAPON EVER. No exceptions.)

Sonic Heroes (The reason I get huge nostalgia while playing it xD And also the reason why I have a soft spot for this game.)

Need for Speed Hot Persuit 2 (The good Hot Persuit, not the terrible new ones. I did like the "You are the police" mode though.)

The Sims 2 (I miss the direct control mode. It wasn't even in the PC version! D: This is the best version of Sims, imo.)

- GBA -

Super Mario Advance (.. Yeah, Super Mario Bros. 2. Always confused me why ALL other Mario games were different to this one..)

Krazy Racers (MarioKart ripoff woo~. Eh, MarioKart is terrible lately anyway. MK7 is the worst of the series.)

- PC -

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (I still haven't beaten it, after all these years!)

Sonic Robo Blast 2 (I still play it a lot today, and it still gets updated today. It's awesome!)

- DS -

Animal Crossing: Wild World (One of my favourite games ever.)

Sonic Rush (One of the best Modern Sonic games. Then again, the handheld Sonics have always been good.)

Can you tell which system I used to use the most for gaming?

Legend of Dragoon. full stop, the game i played the most often, the most times through, only game i ever got 100% on before i was 17, first RPG i ever beat. I think it holds every First for me that an RPG is capable of.

Final Fantasy 8

Megaman Legends

• Moderators

Nintendo:

MegaMan 2, Super Mario Bros 2-3, Tetris (my family was nuts about this!), Super Offroad, Duck Tales (the only game I beated).

Playstation:

Final Fantasy 7 (why did this game take hold on me? WHY???)

Final Fantasy 8 (..and yet again... )

Think my "childhood" ended after that...

Legend of Dragoon. full stop, the game i played the most often, the most times through, only game i ever got 100% on before i was 17, first RPG i ever beat. I think it holds every First for me that an RPG is capable of.

Final Fantasy 8

Megaman Legends

I never really got into the Final Fantasies or anything anime whatsoever. Only two animes I ever watched (tv shows) were Avatar the last airbender and Death Note. Everyone was crazy for final fantasy but I didn't find much interest in it and I have no clue why.

My biggest time sink was with the PC fortunately but I did have quite a few good memories with the PSX as well.

Best memory from the PSX would be the Crash Bandicoot series seeing as I didn't own any nintendo systems, that was the next best platforming fun for me.

On PC I played a lot of Age of Empires II growing up along with Morrowind once it came out. My 2 biggest titles that I wish had a bigger following were Battlezone and Starsiege, both came free with my parents PC. Hoping to god that these titles get another shot on gog because getting them to run on Windows 7 systems today is such a hassle.

Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts 2. (PS2) These were my top two favorite games growing up, I never got around beating the first though, so about a month ago I completed it, and let me tell you, it has not lost its appeal at all. I consider both of these games to be a great experiecne to play, and if you can find it, I'd recommend picking up a copy and playing it through. They are two great games, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

hmm there would be a few games on that list:

cyborg justice for the genesis. sidescrolling robot beat 'em up. you know a game's awesome when you can rip a dude's arm off, beat them to death with it, then replace your old arm with it. great fun 2 player too.

beyond oasis for genesis. awesome action RPG game. lots of secrets and collectables too. the sequel on the saturn was also fun

masters of magic and master of orion 2 on PC. they are not the same game, but they are the same genre and made by the same people. I spent probably hundreds of hours playing those games. I would stay up all night playing frequently.

nights on saturn. I just really loved this game. my brothers didn't give a rip about it but I spent all kinds of time playing it just because it looked so awesome and was so enjoyable to play.

and lastly, Ultima Online for the PC. my first real foray into MMOs and the game that got me hooked on the genre forever. I totally got some red dude killed by the guards once up at the penn and took that mother fucker's potted plant. the ultimate humiliation.

I've went the under-rated way, since the best games of my childhood were Pikmin and Pikmin 2, I played those so much, I think I've beaten some speed running records back in the days. There is also Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker that will be engraved in my heart forever, along with weirdly enough, GTA San Andreas. I think I borrowed it from a cousing when I was a kid. No wonder I'm so fucked up such a mature person today

I've went the under-rated way, since the best games of my childhood were Pikmin and Pikmin 2, I played those so much, I think I've beaten some speed running records back in the days. There is also Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker that will be engraved in my heart forever, along with weirdly enough, GTA San Andreas. I think I borrowed it from a cousing when I was a kid. No wonder I'm so fucked up such a mature person today

Man Pikmin and Pikmin 2 were both great. I also have the Legend of Zelda collectors edition, and now I'm playing OOT again. I forgot how fun the whole Zelda series was. Wind Waker was a unique one for me, I plan to play it after I finish OOT and Majora's Mask. I loved the cartoony style of it all, and although I never finished it, I'm damn well going to try again. OOT Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker were my whole childhood, besides kingdom hearts. All the memories and the times where I'd show my brother how far I had made it and how we would help each other out. We still do though, he's helping me get through OOT.

Anything Mario or Pokemon related I played all the time. I also really liked spore. (I quit after the community turned into a massive Hellhole) As with Mooseman9 above of me, I also really liked the Legend Of Zelda games, especially Wind Waker.

The 3 original Paper Mario games, however, were my favorites. They had great storylines, memorable battles, and overall fun gameplay. (Heck, my current avatar is from the 3rd one!)

Anyway, these were my all-time favorite childhood games. :)

That's tough. I had a lot of old DOS games I liked but I don't remember them well enough so I'd probably have to go with Dungeon Keeper. After that probably Fallout 2 and the Baulders Gate games not that I was very good at them. I played the first Unreal Tournament a lot too while listening to the zoolander soundtrack.

Oh also, the first PC game I played a LOT was zoo tycoon. God this game was awesome. I really loved the dinosaurs expansion too, it was so much fun to dump visitors in the T-Rex cage and watch them run around before being gruesomely devoured.

Oh man. The Tycoon games were great. I played the hell out of Roller Coaster Tycoon. Shame the sequels weren't up to standard I hear.

I was always the kind of guy who'd make a great, popular park, and when there's a few hundreds of visitors, I close up the park and transform it into a game of death, starvation and drowning. The roller coaster accidents physics were awesome too.

I was always the kind of guy who'd make a great, popular park, and when there's a few hundreds of visitors, I close up the park and transform it into a game of death, starvation and drowning. The roller coaster accidents physics were awesome too.

That was everyone. That's what the game was about.

Oh dear lord, we played the hell out of UT back in college. Nearly won a tournament with some friends until the final match the other team (hosting it) changed all the rules so it was suddenly a teleporter war. Tournament organizer didn't see that as a problem...

Tribes is what got me started modding games. I kinda want to go back and isolate all the code renegades stole from me, see just how much it was. Not that it really matters.

As for games from childhood? It varied. Oregon trail, project space station, excite bike, FF6, doom2, wing commander, return to zork, FF7, FF tactics.

Only one in my extended family to really complete super mario world (despite the 2 year headstart my richer cousins had).