How I *finally* got Smart Moving to work on Tekkit Client/Server

Okay, I have been trying for the past week to get smart moving installed on my tekkit server, and on a SMP client with no success in either regard and got the server to run without it reporting severe errors. Now, whether or it is working correctly or not, I'm unsure.

I was able to install smart moving and forestry on the SSP Technic client, and both worked fine, but for some reason, I can't figure this out. Maybe I'm using the wrong versions of the mods? I don't know what the problem is. I have even gotten smart moving working on a non-bukkit server, but this is my first bukkit based server.

So for anyone else having trouble getting smart moving to work, on either client or server sides, I finally figured it out. I was making the mistake of installing ModLoader, onto the client side, when I did not need to. Below I have listed the correct steps in order to get Smart Moving working on your Tekkit client and server. Hope this helps at least somebody in the same situation I was in. Enjoy!

Here is what I am doing:

Tekkit Server:

I am running Tekkit Server 3.1.2.

I put SmartMoving.jar from the 'Smart Moving Server for Bukkit.zip' (downloaded inside 'MC 1.2.5 - Smart Moving 9.5.zip') inside the plugins folder located inside the Tekkit install folder.

I put the net folder from the 'CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R5.0 - Player API bukkit 1.9.zip' inside the Tekkit.jar located in the Tekkit install folder.

Tekkit Client:

I am running Technic Launcher 1.0.1.3 with Tekkit pack build 3.1.2| 1.2.5| Latest|Rec. Build. (I assume this to be Minecraft 1.2.5)

I skip installing 'ModLoaderMP client' and 'MinecraftForge client', as when I look at Tekkit's mod list, Forge API is listed there. (I assume since it's website is that of Minecraft Forge, 'MinecraftForge client' is already installed?)

I put the contents of 'MC 1.2.5 - Player API client 1.5.zip' into modpack.jar located inside tekkit\bin.

I put the contents of 'Smart Moving Client for ModLoader.zip' located inside 'MC 1.2.5 - Smart Moving 9.5.zip' into modpack.jar located inside tekkit\bin.

When I run Tekkit pack from TechnicLauncher.exe, I get an error log printout. Click here for error log.

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

• 4 months later...

sorry for the noobish question, but im not up to date on how the extra mods thing works in MP.

What would happen to clients if i add this (or other) mods to my server? would they have to download a special package? intall the mod client side? or is there a way that doesnt require the client to do anything special?

The mod looks awesome, thanks for sharing how to intall it.

sorry for the noobish question, but im not up to date on how the extra mods thing works in MP.

What would happen to clients if i add this (or other) mods to my server? would they have to download a special package? intall the mod client side? or is there a way that doesnt require the client to do anything special?

The mod looks awesome, thanks for sharing how to intall it.

Different mods will do different things when installed only server side. Smart moving well allow players to still connect, but they will not have any of the functionality of the mod. Other mods will not even allow a player to connect. unless technic pack has updated since I posted this, the instructions above still work both for server and client. I have not had time to play Minecraft in a few months, as I am currently employed as a professional semi tractor driver, and as you may or may not know, we don't get very much internet conectivity out here while driving.

If you are still having trouble getting the mod installed, post back and I will see what I can do to help.

Please ignore any obvious spelling or grammatical errors as I'm using my phone to type this.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...