Terraria is 66% off

andrewdonshik

Last I had read on their forums , production of new content and updates have stopped the main developer has quit the project and it will no longer be developed.

If that is the case its still worth the 4$ but just go into with your head up .

Quit isn't exactly the right word. The game is simply has simply completed, so the developers moved on to their next work. Terraria is a beautiful game that I bought when it was still in Alpha, and followed closely ever since. It tends to be forgotten, but most games tend to follow this kind of progression :

Alpha-Beta-Release-End of the development (Examples : Every game ever)

Rather than

Alpha-Beta-Release-Let's keep adding stuff and removing Herobrine Ad Vitam Eternal! (Examples : Minecraft, Team Fortress (Hats!), Gmod etc...)

Terraria attained its full potential, so its all well that it stopped being worked on, otherwise, updates would have started to suck, and nobody would want that. It is excellent as it is, a lot of fun in singleplayer, loads of hilarity in multi, and generally hundreds or so (In my case, 400) good hours of gaming pleasure.

Plus, the community forum (In which I was once a well-known member, if I may brag uselessly a bit) is still extremely active, and last I checked, a sort of modding-ish fan made program had been created for even more amusement. I totally recommend it, for the superb retro graphics, for epically awesome content, for the excellent sandbox interpretation and more fanboyisms.

10/10

The Eye of Cthulhu for the win.

It's worth the $4, it's even worth the $10 I originally paid for it. I snagged it in late alpha/early beta and I've loved every minute/hour/day/week of it. The dark caves, mining for gold, silver, demonite... It was all fantastic and addictive.

There aren't going to be any more updates, but supposedly it'll go open source. Also there is 'supposed' to be a big bugfix update, but I don't think it'll happen. The community is to this day extremely active and fun to be around. There also isn't a lot of the drama and such that the Minecraft community is - many of the least mature players there would at least lend you a hand figuring out what qualifies as a house (Trust me, your first real hurdle playing Terraria) and will help you defend it on your first night.

You'll get hooked on it, it's very pick-up-and-play, and it's a more adventurous game than Minecraft is - that is, the focus is more on loot, monsters, bosses, and combat. Let me know how it goes, I'm feeling an urge to play it right now.

...In fact, I want to play it right now. Very badly. Good night everyone, I won't be getting any sleep. :)

Earlier on facebook and their website new XBLA and PSN ports of Terraria have been announced.

The forums and facebook are already filled with rage posts on the console ports getting exclusive new content.

It would really suck if the PC supporters that have supported the game the longest don't get any of the new content.

Red wouldn't do that, he was always very close and involved with his community.

The texture artist for Terraria, called Tiy, is making a new space-ier, more technological-y game called Starbound. Has any-one seen it?

That would be this ... http://playstarbound.com/

That price is really a steal, the game is a brilliant piece of work with hundreds of hours worth of playabilty. I got in the steam summer sale i beilive for £1:59 a while back (i live in the uk) so yeah thats less than what i got for lunch back when i was in school. win.

Edit: jsut checked that link up above for info the on the console port, that is awsome news. All get it on psn if it comes out, but i really hope the extra content we get is given to the pc version in an update. Would be ashame if not, specially when youve got players sutch as Xylord wo have been loyal to the game.

It would be funny if the 'exclusive content' turns out to be something stupid like a new kitty that follows your character around...

But even then people would complain about PC not getting the kitty.

Nevermind complaining, i say we demand the Kitty now.... and not for no evil reasons.... >=D

Nevermind complaining, i say we demand the Kitty now.... and not for no evil reasons.... >=D

I would totally love to send my kitty to kombat (Typo intended) the Eater of Worlds. (For the ignorant non-Terrarians, the EoW is a kilometer long, 2 meters large giant rotting worm of corruption and badassness).

I would totally love to send my kitty to kombat (Typo intended) the Eater of Worlds. (For the ignorant non-Terrarians, the EoW is a kilometer long, 2 meters large giant rotting worm of corruption and badassness).

How could you be so cruel? ... that poor EoW wouldnt stand a chance agaisnt the the Mortal evil of the kitty...

Well, the creator of Terraria is making the game for the XBOX360 and PS3... Woop-de-doo. This guy is really trying to squeeze every cent out of a game he quit on. He had a Facebook post that really hyped everyone up for an update to the PC version, instead, he is going to put the same game on the console.

Assuming he makes 50 cents per game, he should be sitting at something like 1.3 million dollars.

EDIT: That is including ad revenue.

How much would hosting the boards cost? Along with funding the development of a whole new game, it can really cut into his income.

Heh who needs to buy Terraria when you have The Pirate Bay ;)

Tssk. Not talking about piracy is in the rules. Plus, Terraria is the kind of game whose developers really merit some recognition. I mean, I wouldn't care one bit if someone pirated a CoD, but come on, a 15 bucks Indie game made by a guy communicative with his community... But once again, this is a bit against the rules.