Government in Minecraft?

Pulse95

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly a communism server would be fun. Your job is pre chosen and everything. Live in a HUGE build city. Go to work. Like an almost real life sim in minecraft.

And there are gulags if the dictator (server admin) finds out you have capitalist ideas.

And there are gulags if the dictator (server admin) finds out you have capitalist ideas.

LOL no. I might exclude the communism part. As I was typing I was thinking, "Woah! That would be awesome if we all had jobs in giant office buildings in minecraft." I mean think about it. Everyone can apply for any job. If the CEO accepts them they get it. Sorta like you have to write like some sort of something in a book. Think about it. Also a good example of the enviroment would be http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/fsU_v

LOL no. I might exclude the communism part. As I was typing I was thinking, "Woah! That would be awesome if we all had jobs in giant office buildings in minecraft." I mean think about it. Everyone can apply for any job. If the CEO accepts them they get it. Sorta like you have to write like some sort of something in a book. Think about it. Also a good example of the enviroment would be http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/fsU_v

Hmm, I actually find it would be funnier in the "exploit the workers!" context.

• 2 months later...
Guest Ysharma

oligarchy, with the other oligarchs i choose to serve with me rarely present or available to rule, leaving me to direct and work with my employees as i wish, new employees get to do long arduous crafting older trusted ones come on raids with me

I have no idea what kind of government I have but in my game, Villagers have no rights and their property is confiscated for government use. Cows pigs and chickens are generally enslaved and eventually killed for resources. Iron Golems are employed by my government to destroy all hostile mobs, and wolves are tamed and used for protection. Sheep are free to roam or whatever unless I need to make a bed, and ocelots are completely free because they really have no use other than scaring creepers.

SSP: Potential Evil Overload Totalitarian Dictatorship (I shell leave the mortals alone, for now. As for the animals, they are used as needed to further my aspirations of owning that world) (Just don't let them know how lazy I am...)

SMP: Chaotic Semi-Benevolent Theocracy (I am Link, Creator of this realm. I hold all the power! I shalt use that power to summon lighting unto your face and turn all the air in your house into cake!) (I do heal them or uncake the air shortly after, Semi-Benevolent after all.)

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a vaguely cryptic message telling that you will leave this game's modding business behind.

I don't think there's too much danger of that unless Mojang goes and does something like changing programming languages or what-not. The Technic team's method is usually the way I and my friends work as well, unless we're playing with Towny and can't really separate easily. It's just beneficial to share stuff like machines early on, but later you tend to have so much in the way of resources that you don't need to share any more.

What kind of government do you think you have on your server? And who gets F***ed the most?

Personally, I have a Corporatocracy and all new players get crushed under the factory owners.

Even if you play SSP, how do you keep your citizens(Animals)?

I enjoy martial law the most. Mostly due to the fact that you can invade poverty stricken areas and rape poor filthy peasant women as you please. Because you cant spell 'functional government' without 'forced sodomy'

When you find a server that enacts this type of cruel unusual family oriented and happy government, please send me the link.

SSP: cruel dictatorship of torture, until I get tired of defending the godamn villagers from zombies, and just set my dogs on them.

SMP: depends on the scale. if on a large scale, surprising similar to ssp, except the dictatorship is cleverly disguised as a corporation. (my favorite line for killing people? "I'm sorry, but you have not met the quota for remaining here. You shall be fired. Off a cliff.") in smaller scale, full on communism. I don't care where you got your shit from, even if you earned it, it is owned by the community, and shall be used by the community. Needless to say, a lot of people don't like working with me.

Back when I ran a server, It was definately Capitalism to the extreme. More so in the realm of knowledge than anything. Everybody came to me for services, because I offered free ore refining. 1 ore, 1 ingot handed over. None of my friends knew what tekkit was, no did they care to play around, too busy rushing for diamonds, as I grazed off massive piles of ingots with my macerator. I bought all the uranium right off the bat because they didn't have any use for it, it wasn't diamonds. Eventually I ran powered systems everywhere, and by the time they figured out my ridiculous empire's strength, and the source of the power, They had given far too many resources over unwittingly to catch up.

Then we started a nuclear war. Capitalism to the end.

Back when I ran a server, It was definately Capitalism to the extreme. More so in the realm of knowledge than anything. Everybody came to me for services, because I offered free ore refining. 1 ore, 1 ingot handed over. None of my friends knew what tekkit was, no did they care to play around, too busy rushing for diamonds, as I grazed off massive piles of ingots with my macerator. I bought all the uranium right off the bat because they didn't have any use for it, it wasn't diamonds. Eventually I ran powered systems everywhere, and by the time they figured out my ridiculous empire's strength, and the source of the power, They had given far too many resources over unwittingly to catch up.

Then we started a nuclear war. Capitalism to the end.

GENIUS!