[3.1.2] Smudgedom [PvP + Siege][40-slot][WhiteList][24/7][Anti-Grief][Economy + Shops]

Tommy Long

Server Address: tekkit.devbot.net

Smudgedom is an up to date, UK-based (GMT) whitelisted survival server, looking for mature applicants.

The pristine lands of Smudgedom await industrialists, merchants, explorers and valued community members. Upon joining us, you will find yourself at the heart of Smudgedom, The Keep.

9986f249.png

At the keep you will be re-introduced to the rules, and more importantly, be provided with tutorials explaining the use of the various plugins available.

Community

We have a fantastic community within Smudgedom, which we aim to preserve and expand. Several of our existing teams are looking for new members, so if you're a team player and looking to by-pass tree punching, take a look at some of our community builds and teams (note, not all teams listed below - let me know if you want your team build added to the screenshots, or your screenshot updated!).

dylanf2003, Letharg and Vaizel:

ea6c2794.png

e1fc3d17.png

BigRustyBear:

fe2b5fb5.png

perryhoofd and Pr0SmartAss:

21915854.png

arshia111:

9b6aacc3.png

Features

• No mods are currently disabled. Hurray! Unfortunately, several items are disabled. Booo! Our policy is to patch mods and plugins when possible, working with their respective developers and communities to get items working bug free, as opposed to disabling them.

(NB: Many items disabled are for server performance and balance reasons, whilst others are reserved for our more *Trusted* players. Full details of disable mods are below).
  • An array of plugins for Economy, Shops, Anti-Grief, Container Protection (including Tekkit items!) will provide you with all the tools you need to develop a bustling community whilst protecting your assets and hard work! A full list of plugins are left below.
  • Extra realism by means of limited chat range, and removal of basic teleport commands. I mean really, how to you get to work in the morning, do you teleport, or do you put on your favourite shoes?
  • Community driven. In Smudgedom the mechanics have been meticulously tweaked to push players - gently - towards working together to accomplish their goals. Want to be a lone ranger in Smudgedom? No problem, but expect life to be much harder!
  • In for the long haul. Although we understand that our server won't meet everyone's satisfaction, those of you that do enjoy it, will hopefully hang around. The mechanics are designed not only to favour communities, but also to put those end game items ever so slightly further away. We believe this makes the game and your builds more rewarding, whilst allowing newer players to not be too far behind when they sign up!
  • Mature staff. You won't find moderators flying around firing explosive cats at you and pouring lava into your Rotary Macerator on this server. We strive for a mature community, and demand of ourselves mature staff. Staff will interfere only when necessary.
  • No ridiculous bans. I've seen this mentioned a few times, so I thought I'd add that, to date, this server has banned only ONE account. You can confirm this by checking the servers' ban list. We will NOT ban you for no reason! (The link provided for the servers' ban list, is no longer current. Due to some awful code in the MCBans plugin that caused max CPU load whenever their website/services experienced issues - which is often - we have switched to Minebans. We have not banned any accounts since the switch, as shown here)

Rules

The rules are split into two sections. The first are our criminal laws, breaking of which will earn you an instant global ban:

• No Griefing
  • No Harrassment (player or admin)
  • No racial or hateful speech (ever - not in chat, not in private messages, not in block text)
  • No X-Ray
  • No Hacked Clients (clients should be those created by the Technic Launcher, not modified beyond that with the exception of Texture Packs - texture packs with the exception of x-ray, are entirely up to you and not prohibited).

This second set of rules, are our civil laws. Breaking these rules will result in you being penalised by admin, jailed, or in the worst cases, removed from the whitelist. It is important to note, we will not ban you - therefore placing a marker against your account - if you break these rules, but we do highlyrecommend you follow them:

• EMC Farming: A lot of the EE mod is still enabled, making it possible to EMC farm. However, no automated farming is allowed with the exception of quarries and turtles. Quarries and Turtles should mine underground to prevent ruining the landscape. If you have quarried above ground, please remove the quarry frames as soon as the quarry is finished. In either case, cover over the hole with a suitable layer of flooring. Admin will penalise you for undue destruction of the natural landscape.
  • PvP: PvP is enabled on the server. However, there is to be no harassment of new players. All home invasions should be preceded by /siege. Check the Grief Prevention basics videos on youtube for more details.
  • Theft: Theft is allowed if the owner has not correctly protected and claimed their land.
  • Computer Craft Loops: Infinite loops are allowed, so long as the loop does not repeat more than once every half second. i.e. Ensure there is at least os.sleep(0.5) in the loop. Any loops that negatively impact server performance, will fall under the griefing clause in the Criminal Law section, and will result in a global ban! Be careful.

Applying for Citzenship

So you've read the above and decided you'd like to come try us out? Great! Please fill in the following application form and reply to this thread. All applicants will receive a reply, though not all applicants will be getting their green card (sorry!).

NB: Whitelist links can be obtained here. The server is hooked up to MCBans.

In Game Name (IGN):

Your timezone:

How long you have played Tekkit:

Provide your whitelist link (and reason for bans if applicable):

Why would you like to play on this server (make an effort guys, a couple of sentences at least!):

Disabled Items - no mods are disabled

I'll do my best to keep this list up to date. Items underlined are available to Trusted players only. In no particular order:

• Quantum Armour (Iridium Plates)
  • Nano Sabre
  • Black Hole Band
  • Alchemy Bags
  • Red Matter Armour, Tools, and Furnace
  • Dark Matter Armour, Tools, and Furnace
  • Land Marks
  • Chunk Loaders (World Anchors, etc)
  • Energy Collectors
  • Energy Relays
  • TNT
  • Nuclear Reactor / Reactor Chamber
  • Nuke, Dynamite, Industrial TNT, Explosives in General
  • Cannons
  • Destruction Catalyst
  • Catalytic Lens
  • Mining Laser
  • Amulets
  • Mecurial Eye
  • Wireless Tracker and Triangulators (temporary ban only)

This list is subject to frequent change, so be sure to check back from time to time!

Server Plugins

It's in the forum rules that I list these, however, many will not directly affect your gameplay. The ones you should be interested in are highlighted. It may also be of note that some of these plugins (and mods) have been changed slightly to resolve issues we've come across.

• BOSEconomy
  • ButtonCommands
  • ChatManager
  • ChestShop
  • Essentials
  • ExpSkills
  • GriefPrevention + GPRealEstate
  • HawkEye + Web Interface
  • LagMeter
  • LWC (admin only)
  • Minebans
  • MobArena
  • NoItem
  • PermissionsEx
  • VanishNoPacket
  • Vault
  • Votifier
  • WorldEdit

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is reserved for Events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday (14/09/2012) evening (UK), I will be posting about some upcoming changes to the server. Don't worry, it's all good news. New things, new perks, new possibilities!

Those changes will take place during a scheduled restart on Saturday. I invite all our members to attend a festival at the spawn on Saturday, at 20:00 GMT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of our members; arshia111, recently completed construction of a King Of The Ladder PvP Arena, for which I hope to announce events on his behalf soon!

d00baa52.png

5f205590.png

In Game Name (IGN): icebluefire

Your timezone: -6 (Central Time, U.S.)

How long you have played Tekkit: About a month

Provide your whitelist link (and reason for bans if applicable): Whitelist Ban Link

Why would you like to play on this server (make an effort guys, a couple of sentences at least!): I've been really enjoying tekkit on my own. I recently started a small server just to play with a few friends, but that has gotten kinda boring/old and wanted to branch out into a server where i could interact with more people and learn more about Tekkit. I'm also curious to see what others are capable of coming up with.

Thanks for your time :)

Just wanted to add, this is a really cool server. The people here are awesome and Smudge/Kelly do an amazing job! I've been on the server since the day it opened, and I wouldn't leave it.

Hope to see more people join us soon!! =)

I'm working together with this guy in this awesome server and I (as always) totally agree with what he's saying. I'd like to invite you all to check the server, and us, out!

For people interested in computer craft, and learning computer craft, Letharg and Dylan have some amazing programs and last I checked, are actually setting up a classroom. So, even if you don't know if you want to stay in Smudgedom, you may want to check us out just to learn better CC.

@Letharg and Dylan, glad you joined these forums. Feel free to post some pictures of your CC stuff in action.

In Game Name (IGN): Asherion

Your timezone: -5 Eastern

How long you have played Tekkit: Around a month

Provide your whitelist link (and reason for bans if applicable): Link

Why would you like to play on this server (make an effort guys, a couple of sentences at least!): Running a small server out of house with a few friends (IceBlueFire above is one) but we're bored of the two-three player server scene. Have played on larger servers before, but not for Tekkit, and this server piques my interest as a combination of limited Tekkit and player interactions.

One of our members has decided to no longer play in Smudgedom. He was the owner of several machines and chests full of loot.

His land is unclaimed, finders keepers!

Note: There is a sign inside his house reading "Everything in this house inc the bricks can be stolen". That's how you know you've found the right house!

In Game Name (IGN)

Yemmiz

Your timezone

GMT+1

How long you have played Tekkit

Only for two days.

Provide your whitelist link (and reason for bans if applicable)

ttp://whitelist.mcf.li/check/result/1754853796128685cf7f277a9cbeda0b6ef1486c (Hoping this is the correct link :))

Why would you like to play on this server

I'd love to join the server because I'm looking for a place to learn and have fun. And it's not a whole lot of fun to do it alone.

And most of the tekkit servers I've seen haven't got pvp enabled, that's a big plus for me. All in all your server sounds like just the kind of server and community I'm looking for, hope you'll have me :).

In Game Name (IGN):hartham

Your timezone:central time zone US

How long you have played Tekkit: about 3 months now

Provide your whitelist link (and reason for bans if applicable):http://whitelist.mcf.li/check/result/f46d66bc3a0c86bd7866bfcf05bfd69b4deef0de

Why would you like to play on this server (make an effort guys, a couple of sentences at least!): I want to play on this server to mine. I want to play on this server to work with fellow players. I want to make my fortune. I WANT TO have a place i can call home :P

IGN: XxNinjaKiwi34xX

Timezone: Central time zone

How long have you played Tekkit: 4 mounths now

Whitelist: http://whitelist.mcf.li/check/result/4bd294337a4a40798bb5f28758ddd6d0e7c3bc36

Why do you want to join this server: I Love small servers with mature people. Im sick of immature people who rob me will im not online. I want to be able to help other people and have fun. I would love to do projects with other people too.

To anyone that experienced any downtime this morning... sorry, the issue is in-hand.

We are upgrading again (this will be our third upgrade already!). This time to a new and much more expensive dedicated host provider. What this means to you:

• More player slots - bring your friends!
  • Better performance - I haven't seen anyone complain about performance at all, but more is better right!?
  • *Greatly* improved reliability, and therefore uptime. - No more apologies from me!!
  • Approx. 30 minutes of downtime tonight *sadface*. - Not to worry though, I'll stay up late and do the upgrade when ya'll are sleeping! In return, I expect someone to brew up some tasty beer and invite me round!

We still have room on the current server, so keep your applications coming in!

In Game Name (IGN): The_Gabriel

Your timezone: GMT +1 ( I think it is like that.... :D Poland! )

How long you have played Tekkit: About half a year or more

Provide your whitelist link (and reason for bans if applicable): http://whitelist.mcf.li/check/result/b415a27ac0bd90cc271553cee3aeee51b6dbb2fe No bans!

Why would you like to play on this server: Server seems really cool, I read comments and it looks like people are having fun there. I want to have fun too! Also, I keen on that you have limited range chat ( I've never seen this before, but it sounds awesome! It must be great for survival ). Well, what I don't like is stuff like EE amulets disabled ( I like to have house on the bottom of ocean, it needs Evertide / Quantum helmet :( Maybe you will change your mind about that... :D )

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons