Electricity to EMC, is it possible?

Hidden_paw

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fastest way to get EMC (In my eyes) is to macerate Blaze rods, 2 Blaze powder = 1 Blaze rod. Macerating 1 blaze rod = 5 blaze powder so you have 3 blaze powder profit wich is around 2100 EMC.

I got 3 Maceraters, 12 overclockers in them and they make me about 1 redmatter per 30-40 seconds.

"it starts with a single block of sand."

Uh, psst... this actually does not start with a single block of sand. it starts with a single block of sand, and a singularity compressor, and a generator, and like 18 other machines. It's also way less efficient than, say, a dark room, if you don't want collectors.

On the topic of the machines... there are actually only 5 redpower machines and one singularity compressor, none of which are particularly expensive. The most expensive part is the Energy Condenser, but if you don't have one of those, you probably shouldn't be attempting to turn electricity into EMC.

Also, if you weren't dumb you would realize that without the automation, you can also do this with 1 Sand, 1 Compressor, and a Transmutation Tablet. But of course, automation is what Tekkit is all about, so that would be kind of dumb.

I am also fairly certainly that no matter how much scrap you have, my system wastes way less energy than the UU-matter route through ANY recipe (excluding an Energy Collector). If you disagree, then do the math.

Edit: Thanks for the info on "dark rooms". I actually hadn't heard of that before.

The fastest way to get EMC (In my eyes) is to macerate Blaze rods, 2 Blaze powder = 1 Blaze rod. Macerating 1 blaze rod = 5 blaze powder so you have 3 blaze powder profit wich is around 2100 EMC.

I got 3 Maceraters, 12 overclockers in them and they make me about 1 redmatter per 30-40 seconds.

Actually, this is probably a better method. I would be doing this if I had any blaze rods on the server XD

Yeah, but it's too glitchy and banned on most servers. It's fast, but it's COMPLETELY non-legit. And then if it goes too fast some might spill, and then you have a laggy diamond gen.

Yeah, but it's too glitchy and banned on most servers. It's fast, but it's COMPLETELY non-legit. And then if it goes too fast some might spill, and then you have a laggy diamond gen.

It's banned on most servers, but it's only because it is a powerful replacement to a collector. It isn't glitchy, and can't spill since it uses RP tubes most of the time.

It's banned on most servers, but it's only because it is a powerful replacement to a collector. It isn't glitchy, and can't spill since it uses RP tubes most of the time.
It IS a glitch. EE was never optimized to work with IC2, and so you get all of these glitchy mass EMC-Gens. There are other slower ones too. One sand is 1 EMC, one sand in a compressor is sandstone which is 4. On and on and on. One macerated dust in an RM furnace is 2 ingots. It IS a glitch, and it was never meant to be in Tekkit, so I just don't use it. Plus, it's overpowered. A single mk1 collector takes a diamond block, and 6 glowstone. This just needs a blaze rod, 2 condensers, and a possibly rotary macerator.

Calling it a glitch doesn't make it a glitch. It could easly be called an exploit, but there is nothing there that is a 'glitch'.

The general rule, for EMC, is if you have access to it, you can make a **** tonne of it.

If all else fails, create mobile IC2 miners, world anchors and RP2 frames and enderchests to just strip the world of all resources. Or if you have no EE2 period, create a giant RP2 inchworm engine giant block breaker bore and run it along the y = 6 level or so.

It IS a glitch. EE was never optimized to work with IC2, and so you get all of these glitchy mass EMC-Gens. There are other slower ones too. One sand is 1 EMC, one sand in a compressor is sandstone which is 4. On and on and on. One macerated dust in an RM furnace is 2 ingots. It IS a glitch, and it was never meant to be in Tekkit, so I just don't use it. Plus, it's overpowered. A single mk1 collector takes a diamond block, and 6 glowstone. This just needs a blaze rod, 2 condensers, and a possibly rotary macerator.

Pretty sure the RM furnace doesn't double dusts. And it's not a glitch, they're features of two separate mods that weren't created to be used together.

for an infinite, closed loop system, simply do Energy source --> Mass Fab --> auto crafting table to turn UU into glowstone --> condenser. Done!

That isn't closed loop as you point out... But it is the only suggestion here that is actually turning electricity into EMC, and the only one that is, to my mind, at all appropriate for use on a server. All these closed loop systems are way too abusive of the energy condensors. Admittedly even with this system you could eventually be generating ridiculous amounts of EMC, but it would take much longer and more effort on the players part than most other EMC generation systems.

The general rule, for EMC, is if you have access to it, you can make a **** tonne of it.

As it is you can get 200 EMC/s from a condenser, deployer, 2 filters, and some tubes; with the overall system needing an additional condenser, timer and some redstone. If you make it compact you can get to 12k EMC/s with just 10 cows.

Of course the same goes for EU. Took about 2.5 months from a server restart on a Tekkit w/no EE before someone had so much power generation that they were giving away stacks of UU for free. Solar -> Mass Fab -> Factory Making Solars. Like EE it's a geometric progression, just as powerful, only a bit slower.

As it is you can get 200 EMC/s from a condenser, deployer, 2 filters, and some tubes; with the overall system needing an additional condenser, timer and some redstone. If you make it compact you can get to 12k EMC/s with just 10 cows.

Of course the same goes for EU. Took about 2.5 months from a server restart on a Tekkit w/no EE before someone had so much power generation that they were giving away stacks of UU for free. Solar -> Mass Fab -> Factory Making Solars. Like EE it's a geometric progression, just as powerful, only a bit slower.

Much funnier too. :D

Sorry for the confusion, I understood "glitchy" as in it breaks easily/causes lag etc. If you're talking about how it's an exploit, well all EMC-generators are.

If

UU matter is something I seriously consider disabling (other the perhaps for the armour). I found disabling compact solars worked pritty well for discouraging the exponential nature of it. But you always reach that point where UU matter replaces mining eventually.

Much funnier too. :D

Sorry for the confusion, I understood "glitchy" as in it breaks easily/causes lag etc. If you're talking about how it's an exploit, well all EMC-generators are.

Not ALL.

Collectors aren't, auto cobble gens aren't(But if you're using obsidian pipes and BC pipes, NEVER use one of those. Unless you use pneumatics, a leak can crash a server), auto snow gens aren't. I guess it's just EE was never optimized to work with the rest of tekkit. BC and IC2 work perfectly together.

Not ALL.

Collectors aren't, auto cobble gens aren't(But if you're using obsidian pipes and BC pipes, NEVER use one of those. Unless you use pneumatics, a leak can crash a server), auto snow gens aren't. I guess it's just EE was never optimized to work with the rest of tekkit. BC and IC2 work perfectly together.

Cow milkers aren't, Infinite water sources aren't.

If

UU matter is something I seriously consider disabling (other the perhaps for the armour). I found disabling compact solars worked pritty well for discouraging the exponential nature of it. But you always reach that point where UU matter replaces mining eventually.

Getting rid of compact solars wouldn't slow me down at all...

Tin cable is really REALLY cheap, and it can hold an infinite number of EU/tick, when it comes in the form of 1 EU packets like from a non-compact solar array.

And it loses no energy for 40 blocks. Which means you can make an 80x80 diamond shape solar farm with single EU solar panels, without losing any energy, and using nothing but cheap tin cable, and only one mass fab.

(80x80) / 2 = 3200 EU/tick = 1 UU matter every 16 seconds during the day, without scrap.

And the cost of the cable would be only 200 tin ore to set this up.

Hell, considering all the resources I'd save by not having to build 64 LV transformers, 8 MVs, and 1 HV, I'd probably save enough to pay for that tin anyway.

auto cobble gens aren't

auto snow gens aren't.

Cow milkers aren't,

Infinite water sources aren't.

I don't see any theoretical difference at all between ANY of those things and, for instance, grinding blaze rods.

Cobble generators don't make any physical sense, were probably not intended by Notch, and are not part of the EE mod. The reason they exist is just a side effect of the fact that Mojang was too lazy to make a proper, finite water system.

Same thing with water sources. In a proper universe with a better coded minecraft, there would simply be finite water. Taking advantage of the side effects of there not being one is no less exploitative than taking advantage of the side effects of putting EE2 and IC2 recipes together.

Similarly, cows obviously were never meant to be milked 800 times a second. It is completely silly, and is exploiting the fact that Notch was attempting to be nice to us by not making us annoyingly wait around for our 2nd bucket of milk when making a cake.

Snow gens are pretty clearly exploitative as well of something that was intended as a fun visual eye candy feature, not a source of mass energy collection.

ALSO please note that ALL of the above methods require using RedPower in conjunction with Equivalence Exchange. Thus, the original coding of EE could not have intended for any one of these methods to be a source of EMC. You can't gather buckets automatically or break snow blocks or gather cobble without RP.

Thus, all of the above methods are also an accident of putting two mods together that were not intended to be together, just like macerating blaze rods.

Same thing with water sources. In a proper universe with a better coded minecraft, there would simply be finite water. Taking advantage of the side effects of there not being one is no less exploitative than taking advantage of the side effects of putting EE2 and IC2 recipes together.

That technically makes auto water mills an exploit, even though they aren't considered one. If auto water mills aren't, then this isn't.

That technically makes auto water mills an exploit, even though they aren't considered one. If auto water mills aren't, then this isn't.

Um hell yeah I consider that an exploit, if any of the others are.

Automated water mills are one of the stupidest things in tekkit. If you look on the IC2 official wiki, it clearly says "manned" and "unmanned" operational output. Making it pretty obvious that it was intended to provide 2 EU/tick only if somebody is standing there feeding buckets into it.

Which they would have to do, if not for the redpower mod being installed alongside IC2.

By automating it with redpower, you are making a completely nonsensical machine (lifts water using less energy than the water provides by falling???), that exploits an unintentional relationship between mods, and distorts what used to be a realistic machine (humans lifting buckets makes the energy come from the food you eat in game, which makes sense)

It is no more realistic and no less "cheaty" than taking advantage of the blaze rod recipes.

Also I don't really care if it's "generally accepted" to not be an exploit or not, and neither should you. What matters is if there is actually a good argument for why it is and something else isn't, and I don't see one here.

Actually, it doesn't provide more power than it uses, you need to use blutricity to run the retriever. So it isn't an exploit. You could even say it is a way to convert blutricity into EU/t.

What retriever? You don't need a retriever.

Buckets get filtered out of the hydro, into a deployer. Then another filter takes out full buckets and pushes them to the water mill. No bluetricity involved, unless you make it over complicated.

What retriever? You don't need a retriever.

Buckets get filtered out of the hydro, into a deployer. Then another filter takes out full buckets and pushes them to the water mill. No bluetricity involved, unless you make it over complicated.

Actually, it's much simpler to use a retriever if you have a multi-mills system, as one retriever can fill the role of many filters, in this system, for example :

http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Automation_4:_Free_EU_using_Water_Mills

Here,, you choose between a more complicated tubing and nine retrievers, or a simple tubing and one retriever. The latter is obviously easier and more compact to make, once you have the resources for the retriever. Plus, a single thermopump can be used in place of the solar panels.

Filters can only suck items out of an inventory directly, not through connected tubes. So if you want to hook up multiple water mills, you need to have a retriever.

Edit: The blobfish ninjaed me

Hmm.... A ninja blobfish... This is high quality gastronomy for the brain...