Electricity to EMC, is it possible?

Hidden_paw

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obsidian pipes are not EE or vanilla items, I am sorry to say. Just like everything else, this requires at least two mods that were not written with each other in mind.

As for IC and BC, the fact that somebody went off and coded energy links, etc. as a third party does not mean that the mods were "meant to be together." No more than somebody writing a fanfiction romance between Spiderman and Arwen from LOTR means that Stan Lee and Tolkien had each other in mind when they were writing their respective stories...

I guess you're right, BC and IC2 weren't DESIGNED to be used together, but it's mostly not that bad. I don't use water mills anyway. Just strainers. And for obsidian pipes? You don't HAVE to use them. You could go AFK at the exit and just camp there for a few hours until you have a full inventory. Or just use an alchemical chest with gem of eternal density and black hole band. See? A non-collector EMC farm that only needs EE.

I guess you're right, BC and IC2 weren't DESIGNED to be used together, but it's mostly not that bad. I don't use water mills anyway. Just strainers. And for obsidian pipes? You don't HAVE to use them. You could go AFK at the exit and just camp there for a few hours until you have a full inventory. Or just use an alchemical chest with gem of eternal density and black hole band. See? A non-collector EMC farm that only needs EE.

That still isn't automated, requiring human input, and still has nothing to do with anything.

Seriously people. Exploits between diffrent mods are common, almost all of them unintended. Any combination of two mods results in a ballance issue not planed for by the mod authours.

If you allow them arbitarally, don't waste 1000s of words trying to justify it, just be arbitary about it and skip the justifications.

That still isn't automated, requiring human input, and still has nothing to do with anything.

Seriously people. Exploits between diffrent mods are common, almost all of them unintended. Any combination of two mods results in a ballance issue not planed for by the mod authours.

If you allow them arbitarally, don't waste 1000s of words trying to justify it, just be arbitary about it and skip the justifications.

Actually, you can automate it using a vanilla timer (bulky, vanilla redstone and repeaters, but it works) as a timer, and have an alchemical chest with a blackhole band in it.

Second, not every combination of two mods creates exploits. A perfect example is Forestry and Buildcraft. They are designed to work together.

Third, I will justify my arbitrary descisions if I want to.

-snip-

Nope. Regular vanilla timers can do it as well, and blackhole band and gem of eternal density(So chest doesn't overflow til is full of RM) Pistons can harvest sugarcane. An RP2 timer setup could make it easier, but it's POSSIBLE to do it in vanilla.

Didn't I already say that?

Yes you did. Yes you did. Obsidian pipes can make this setup better if you don't want to spend DM on a black hole band, but otherwise you don't really need anything but EE. Similar auto-farms can be made using cactus or melon instead. I'm pretty sure it would even be possible to have an auto mushroom farm, but I think you'd need RP2 for that. Timer would have to be atleast 10 minutes or so, vanilla timers COULD do it but it would take a massive ton of them.

I am surprised no one so much as mentioned mob spawner based farms. Bones have a fair value, and a skeleton grinder is very easy to make. A bit more complicated to make, an iron golem grinder can also get pretty efficient, I'd think. I've heard of some Blaze rod grinders, not sure you can automate them in vanilla though. It's very easy using melee turtles though, and at more than a thousand EMC per rod, this must be one of the most efficient Vanilla based farm.

I am surprised no one so much as mentioned mob spawner based farms. Bones have a fair value, and a skeleton grinder is very easy to make. A bit more complicated to make, an iron golem grinder can also get pretty efficient, I'd think. I've heard of some Blaze rod grinders, not sure you can automate them in vanilla though. It's very easy using melee turtles though, and at more than a thousand EMC per rod, this must be one of the most efficient Vanilla based farm.

Wow, I never thought of that.

Nope. Regular vanilla timers can do it as well, and blackhole band and gem of eternal density(So chest doesn't overflow til is full of RM) Pistons can harvest sugarcane. An RP2 timer setup could make it easier, but it's POSSIBLE to do it in vanilla.

Oh, Eternal density. Derp. Completely overlooked it.

That would make anything less effective then that something you could objectivly call not an exploit.

Hidden

Oh, Eternal density. Derp. Completely overlooked it.

That would make anything less effective then that something you could objectivly call not an exploit.

Oh yeah the void ring... Okay so mob spawners and vanilla crop farms could be excepted, then, I guess. Neither of those is very lucrative or fun to set up though, and I still don't see it making much of a difference on a server if you allow those two specific methods versus nothing.

The chickens and eggs thing becomes a borderline case, though, when used with void rings.

Also, a small platform in the middle of nowhere in the End + pedestal with ring of ignition + alchemical chest with void ring would be very lucrative...

Oh yeah the void ring... Okay so mob spawners and vanilla crop farms could be excepted, then, I guess. Neither of those is very lucrative or fun to set up though, and I still don't see it making much of a difference on a server if you allow those two specific methods versus nothing.

The chickens and eggs thing becomes a borderline case, though, when used with void rings.

Also, a small platform in the middle of nowhere in the End + pedestal with ring of ignition + alchemical chest with void ring would be very lucrative...

Didn't this thread start out with someone who wanted to know how to set up a quarry or something to turn EU into EMC? If he wants that, then Energy-Source to Energy-Link to quarry and then diamondpipes filter out the stuff that needs to be processed

All of you should stop complaining about exploits in EE. EE IS one huge exploit. It's up to you/the server owner whether to use it or not. IMO, allowing UU-Matter from Solar Energy but not allowing dark rooms/blaze rod macerators, yet allowing Collectors is just plain retarded.

All of you should stop complaining about exploits in EE. EE IS one huge exploit. It's up to you/the server owner whether to use it or not. IMO, allowing UU-Matter from Solar Energy but not allowing dark rooms/blaze rod macerators, yet allowing Collectors is just plain retarded.

I have no clue how people get those massive amounts of HV arrays. I mean, maybe super-factories could do it, but I personally just use quarries and dig for more stuff.

I don't really like using APS, because I view MJ as pneumatic energy. This means it must come from some sort of engine. On the other hand, EU is electricity in my view. (I also can't get APS to work without making assembly table recipes screwed up.

MJ is sorta pneumatic, which is why you have engine generators to convert/

No, my point is that a solar collector/nuclear fission should create electricity, not pneumatic. Anyway, now that I got it to install correctly, it's pretty nice, I just can't figure out most of it. :/
What IS APS anyway? Plus, it's possible to turn electricity into pneumatic, just not very fast.