Bacon Sundae

Lear85

Ye gods most holy of pork and deliciousness, I ask for thy forgiveness.

I have finally gotten around to trying the semi-hyped Bacon Sundae... And it sucked testicular cancer.

Seriously... The only reason this thing got sold was because of the internet and its bacon craze (not saying I don't passionately love and cherish bacon as the pinnacle of awesomeness). People bought it for the novelty of one of the most hyped foods being mixed in with ice cream, because we all love ice cream, right?

I wanted to enjoy that sundae. I wanted to appreciate the novelty of it. But after tasting it, I could not bring myself to eat more than a few small bites of that abomination. I still have that unpleasant taste in my mouth, even after drinking much water and eating many pleasant things.

Any thoughts on this meme-fueled failure?

Did you get it from somewhere specific or make it yourself?

I married a trained gourmet chef, she has shown me what combining sweet and savory can be, and also what it must never be.

The sundae does sound like it could be good given the right ingredients, chocolate covered bacon is really damn good if the chocolate is a good quality and tempered properly. The ice cream is probably the deciding factor in a bacon sundae, like a good quality light chocolate (so the richness doesn't combine with the baconfat and overload your senses) and not the whipped water with a bit of skim milk and tons of chemicals most grocery stores pass off as the store brand. Frozen yogurt might be a good choice too.

Meh, I shall confer with the missus tomorrow and see what she thinks. Sleep deprived me probably shouldn't give out too much culinary advice.

Over the summer I actually made some bacon ice cream, and other than melting quickly it was delicious. It was a vanilla/maple syrup ice cream, and then the bacon was cooked and then kind of candied with brown sugar. But if you got the sundae from a fast food place it's gonna be pretty bad, so I wouldn't hold that against bacon.

But I did try a bacon soda and a bacon lollipop, and they were awful. The soda tasted like hickory smoke, and the lollipop tasted like smokey sugar. So the moral of the story is, adding bacon improves everything, but things that are supposed to taste like bacon don't. Although bacon salt is delicious, and vegan if you're into that sort of thing.

It's the one Burger King sells. I didn't really expect much to begin with, but they did it entirely wrong. I can imagine bacon and desserts mixing well, but it should have been obvious one couldn't trust fast food for something very good.

I would love to see the whole bacon, chocolate, and ice cream thing done correctly.

Well there you go. Fast food joints don't sell ice cream, they sell partially frozen dairy-flavored water.

Just like how most candies are "chocolate flavored" because their mash of chemicals don't legally qualify as chocolate. You think those are chocolate covered peanuts, but they're really reformed peanut trailings coated in corn syrup, brown coloring, and artificially flavored bug guts.

Just an FYI, "Natural flavors" is marketing speak for bug guts, rodent waste, and bits of animals generally considered vile and disgusting by the target culture.

Edit: Kruziik, I dunno about burgers specifically, but crushed up fruitloops might make a good replacement for breadcrumbs as a binder in meatballs or meatloaf. Especially if you serve with a thick berry based sauce instead of ketchup, play up the sweet fruity tones in contrast to the savory meat.

Well there you go. Fast food joints don't sell ice cream, they sell partially frozen dairy-flavored water.

Just like how most candies are "chocolate flavored" because their mash of chemicals don't legally qualify as chocolate. You think those are chocolate covered peanuts, but they're really reformed peanut trailings coated in corn syrup, brown coloring, and artificially flavored bug guts.

Just an FYI, "Natural flavors" is marketing speak for bug guts, rodent waste, and bits of animals generally considered vile and disgusting by the target culture.

most of us wanted to remain ignorant to that while knowing its silently almost true

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's pretty gross for the rest of us.

The more people who understand what places are feeding us, the more they'll shift to places offering good quality stuff. Markets shift, profits go down for crap like pink slime, population starts feeling better generally because they're not eating crap that's illegal to feed to animals...

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's pretty gross for the rest of us.

The more people who understand what places are feeding us, the more they'll shift to places offering good quality stuff. Markets shift, profits go down for crap like pink slime, population starts feeling better generally because they're not eating crap that's illegal to feed to animals...

well with the economy in its current state............

Hidden

Human in Guild Wars 2 is the first to realize that occurred what they understand Bloodstone contains potential began to want to GW2 Gold take possession of the treasure. The Association has huge powers, so they began to use their influence to compete across the human kingdom Bloodstone. This is a war between a power, prestige and tricks, countless Association involved with Bloodstone fight. Guild Wars 2 Gold

Human in Guild Wars 2 is the first to realize that occurred what they understand Bloodstone contains potential began to want to GW2 Gold take possession of the treasure. The Association has huge powers, so they began to use their influence to compete across the human kingdom Bloodstone. This is a war between a power, prestige and tricks, countless Association involved with Bloodstone fight. Guild Wars 2 Gold

Seriously :frogout3: