Please help urgently!

MrFly

Hey I have a spider bite I believe. It is a lump with a red ring around it. I marked it and it got huge today at school. The lump itself is on the verge of being so hot you would almost burn yourself touching it. The whole opposite side of my arm it touchy (sensitive to touch) and every once in a while it feels like someone is holding a lighter up to it and burning it. There is no rash. I tried squeezing the bite and it hurts really bad and nothing comes out. I don't know what to do I have looked up symptoms and nothing has matched. Please help. Also I have a minor sore throat and I didn't really want to be around food or eat dinner.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, go see a doctor. From your description (that is probably exaggerated by stress or pain, it's normal), it might be something serious.

If you can't go see a doctor right now :

Where do you live? (Country)

How long ago were you stung?

Did you see the spider stinging you? What was her size, color, amount of hair etc.

And again, go visit a doctor as soon as possible, you should probably go in the emergency.

You need a gem tier tool to mine it.

Seriously though, don't ask for medical advice on a minecraft forum. You can call your local hospital on a non-emergency line and they'll give you actual, informed instructions about what you should do.

Spiders do not sting. They bite.

Wanna play this game? Alright, I'm up.

First, some picture evidence :

Pu9ut.jpg

Aww, so pretty, isn't she?

Just to make it clear, all spiders have the same head configuration, apart that they have varying quantities of eyes. Thus, this giant tarantula can be used as an example.

Now, as you can see there are two fangs right there, that are used to sting preys. You could think they are constituents of the mouth, but the two small furry legs they're on are separate from the mouth, those two limbs are actually called chelicera, and are like the ninth and tenth arms of the spiders. All spiders that can sting got them (Most of them). The mouth is hidden about behind the fangs, and is a pretty small thing, and is used a bit like a straw, to suck the liquefied proteins of the spider's meals (The venom of spiders is often used by them to dissolve the meat and organs of their preys to make it easier to eat). In other words, spiders can't bite, they sting.

That's what I call "Information overload overkill". :D

Thanks for the good feels Jorcer, but I can handle myself.

Wanna play this game? Alright, I'm up.

First, some picture evidence :

200352622-001-king-baboon-tarantula-clos

Aww, so pretty, isn't she?

Just to make it clear, all spiders have the same head configuration, apart that they have varying quantities of eyes. Thus, this giant tarantula can be used as an example.

Now, as you can see there are two fangs right there, that are used to sting preys. You could think they are constituents of the mouth, but the two small furry legs they're on are separate from the mouth, those two limbs are actually called chelicera, and are like the ninth and tenth arms of the spiders. All spiders that can sting got them (Most of them). The mouth is hidden about behind the fangs, and is a pretty small thing, and is used a bit like a straw, to suck the liquefied proteins of the spider's meals (The venom of spiders is often used by them to dissolve the meat and organs of their preys to make it easier to eat). In other words, spiders can't bite, they sting.

That's what I call "Information overload overkill". :D

Thanks for the good feels Jorcer, but I can handle myself.

Oh I know you can handle yourself, I was more poking fun that sticking up for you. For a blob you are remarkably well informed. Also your pic is broke

Yerp you fixed it...

Break it AGAIN !!!!!!! PLEASE :(

But... It's all educative and shit! :/

And don't you feel like you could just pet this fur ball all the day? It's like a kitten, without being mainstream, and it can chase dogs, other cats, robbers and international terrorists off! All the advantages in one cute creature.

That doesn't seem to have eyes.

They're on the very top of the head. You can see one of them a little bit, above the place where the exoskeleton is visible (The white bit over the chelicera (The thing with the fangs on it, god damnit!)).

Edit : Oups, double post D:

They're on the very top of the head. You can see one of them a little bit, above the place where the exoskeleton is visible (The white bit over the chelicera (The thing with the fangs on it, god damnit!)).

Edit : Oups, double post D:

Not a double post...You were replying to two people...;)

first, go see a psychiatrist or something. tell him that you have some kind of mental disorder that makes you believe it is a good idea to ask people on a minecraft mod forum for serious medical advice in a timely manner. once they've admitted you to the asylum, I'm sure the doctors on staff can handle the bite no problem and they may even do it at no extra charge!

Today is worse. (WARNING A BIT GRAPHIC) It had a white tip this morning. I squeezed it and green puss came out. Today my throat hurt and my nose was extremely over the top stuffy. I am also sore everywhere. I am going to see a doctor.

... why do you feel the need to tell us? JUST GET TO THE GODDAMN DOCTOR

• Moderators

I am going to see a doctor.

Doctor Munaus to the rescue!

Now, first things first. When was the last time you fapped? You might want to do it more often. If your manhood isn't on fire yet then fap fap until you pop! Don't stop until you bleed. Now you have two problems.

Secondly, you sound like you have some spiderman-syndrome. This is normal for nerds who believe that you get superpowers from a spider bite.

You won't get any...

Thirdly, have you tried removing that bite mark with a hot knife? Try it.

If a hot knife is not for you, then perhaps a hot iron might work. Remember, no pain, no gain!

Fourthly, get wasted! Always helps me. A good bottle of jägermeister heals any sore throat. Or reverses the effect if you over-do it.

Drink alot, tea is good. With honey

Doctor's appointment is over, that will be 5k plz

Today is worse. (WARNING A BIT GRAPHIC) It had a white tip this morning. I squeezed it and green puss came out. Today my throat hurt and my nose was extremely over the top stuffy. I am also sore everywhere. I am going to see a doctor.

Maybe you're actually storing basilica pesto under your skin while you sleep? It's just a theory though.

Luckily for you I am spider expert!

If it looks like this you are fine

NkYBy.jpg

If it looks like this, you should consider having a friend or two help you dig a grave

rGC1A.jpg

Hope this helps!

P.S. I saw a great deal on a Wilsonette shovel on Ebay if you need it for the digging.

Luckily for you I am spider expert!

If it looks like this you are fine

NkYBy.jpg

If it looks like this, you should consider having a friend or two help you dig a grave

rGC1A.jpg

Hope this helps!

P.S. I saw a great deal on a Wilsonette shovel on Ebay if you need it for the digging.

Doctor said it is a brown recluse bite...