Sign in to follow this  
CoolBeans

I saw this mod and... woah

To be fair, I'm pretty sure anti-EE people are more of anti-OP (Whether it actually is or not, that's another debate), not anti-magic spells altogether.

Hence why anti-EE people might like it. From what I've seen, the only thing you can do is transmute current items, not create anything from sunlight and whatnot. Plus I also saw deficiency percentages, which might help their realism 'you always lose energy' complex.

However I haven't seen any limitations on the spells whatsoever, which may just ruin the whole mod for them - unless they disable 'OP' spells.

I hope so. I really want to try it out.

I'm in closed beta and I'm pretty sure it's almost ready.

Can't say for sure because I'm not the mod dev.

C) Most reasonable people don't really care about small-scale ripoffs as long as there isn't money being made and it's not causing harm or misrepresentation of the original.

Wouldn't that be 3?

Wouldn't that be 3?

I try to help anal-retentives to desensitize themselves to disorder and asymmetry. Seems to help, now and then.

1 B III has its own sort of symmetry, actually, a constant shift. Being an anal-retentive myself, you can trust that 1 2 C is far worse.

But not the worst possible, 2 1 D would be worse...

But that would be actually incorrect, instead of correct but infuriating. Something that's just flat-out wrong can be comfortably lumped into a whole and discarded by the mind, whereas something that makes perfect sense and yet just isn't how it should be, that will eat at a body.

Hey, I know this thread was kinda dead, but just wanted to say open beta has started. If you still don't have the link, here you go http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486184-132-ars-magica-an-advanced-magic-mod-for-minecraft/. I'm not sure how I could get it to work with Technic, or if it will work at all. Maybe somebody more clever than I am could do it.