Sign in to follow this  
Dudemn7557

Forcefield radius: Can I edit it?

Hey all, Ive been playing around with the Forcefield mod on my private server. My friends and I decided we wanted to make a massive biodome with the forcefeilds covering an island. The island in question is 10 chunks wide on average, making the default radius of a forcefield (32) come up a bit shorter than what we want. My question is: how can I change the maximum radius/range of a forcefield larger than 32 on my server?

Ive taken a look around in the mod's files, but my understanding of code & reading code is limited. Google also hasn't brought up anything, and Ive asked on the Ic2 forcefields section as well, still waiting for a reply.

Would be nice if I could find a way, but If not, have great day and thanks for spending the time to read this!

It can be set in the config (ModularForceFieldSystem.cfg) I think:

####################

# general

####################

general {

maxDeflectorDistance=10

maxProjectorSize=32

maxTubeRadius=5

refreshSpeed=100

slowGenerate=true

# If true, this will use the old names from Thunderdark's version.

useOldNames=false

}

Change the maxProjectorSize to whatever you want. Huge sizes may cause problems and I'm not sure how the power consumption will be with suh a big field.