Remove

Pulse95

Tsss. You United-Statians are so sensible to temperature.

You get two inches of snow in D.C.? ARGH 200 deaths of flu, people die of hypothemia in their homes, the cars, the bus, the metro, nothing works, SNOWPOCALYPSE.

1 m (Metrical units :D) of snow in Montreal? -40°C? Pfft, no big deal. Let me just get the shovel to clear the way for the car. No Johnny, there's still school today!

October snowstorm in New England with 3-5 feet of snow? School closed for 2 weeks and electricity companies struggling to get their act together. Point irrelevant. (I build a snow witch!)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsss. You United-Statians are so sensible to temperature.

You get two inches of snow in D.C.? ARGH 200 deaths of flu, people die of hypothemia in their homes, the cars, the bus, the metro, nothing works, SNOWPOCALYPSE.

1 m (Metrical units :D) of snow in Montreal? -40°C? Pfft, no big deal. Let me just get the shovel to clear the way for the car. No Johnny, there's still school today!

Okay then, if you're so immune to tempature, why don't you come down here for a visit. It's only *checks thermometer* 102 degrees fahrenheit outside. Want to know how hot it gets in the middle of summer? Over 110 degrees fahrenheit every day for the entire month of June, July, and August. For several weeks in July the mercury doesn't fall below 115 degrees during the day, and at night it doen't go below 90 degrees. You could literally sleep outside at night, with no clothes or shelter, in the middle of July here. People actually DIE from heat stroke and heat exhaustion. It gets to be over 120 degrees 1-5 days each year. When it gets that hot, they ground the planes at Sky Harbor Intermational Airport, because the air is too hot for the planes to fly (becuase hot air generates less lift than cold air, depite the fact that hot air rises and cold air sinks).

Edit: For those out there that use Celsius/Centigrade, 102 degrees Fahrenheit is about 40 degrees Celsius.

October snowstorm in New England with 3-5 feet of snow? School closed for 2 weeks and electricity companies struggling to get their act together. Point irrelevant. (I build a snow witch!)

Uh, where and when in Canada? I know for sure that I've never had a two week holiday because of snow.

Okay then, if you're so immune to tempature, why don't you come down here for a visit. It's only *checks thermometer* 102 degrees fahrenheit outside. Want to know how hot it gets in the middle of summer? Over 110 degrees fahrenheit every day for the entire month of June, July, and August. For several weeks in July the mercury doesn't fall below 115 degrees during the day, and at night it doen't go below 90 degrees. You could literally sleep outside at night, with no clothes or shelter, in the middle of July here. People actually DIE from heat stroke and heat exhaustion. It gets to be over 120 degrees 1-5 days each year. When it gets that hot, they ground the planes at Sky Harbor Intermational Airport, because the air is too hot for the planes to fly (becuase hot air generates less lift than cold air, depite the fact that hot air rises and cold air sinks).

I've been there (It really was hot.), I never said I was immune to hot, just cold.

Uh, where and when in Canada? I know for sure that I've never had a two week holiday because of snow.

It wasn't because of snow, it was because of CL&P not being able to get their act together.

I've been there (It really was hot.), I never said I was immune to hot, just cold.

It wasn't because of snow, it was because of CL&P not being able to get their act together.

I was talking to Xylord. I wish it snowed here in October. The only advantage of living in the equivalent of an oven, is that we don't get extremes of weather here. Sure we get the occasional dust storm, or a monsoon, but we never get hurricanes, tornados, blizzards, earthquakes, tsunamis or volcanic eruptions. Instead, we have illegal immigrants and Mexican drug-lords.

This never happened. There was a foot and a half of snow, my school didn't close, and I never went out of power. The hurricane flooded my basement however.

As for what I would remove, it would be money. It would probably solve most of the world's problems.

Damnit, where's the fahrenheit-Celsius conversion function...

Well, that IS hot, I can't deny it. And T° indeed never gets over 37-38 °C around here. But that's what we have pools for, don't we? A hot day doesn't have really long-term consequences (Correct me if I'm wrong), but an unprepared society can suffer very large structural and human damage from a cold wave, a snow storm, or a freezing rain.

And I'm mostly jesting, you know. It's pretty obvious we'd be more prepared to winter-ish problems, since we're facing them all the time, unlike our southron neighbors, who get those only once every few years; it's all about adaptation to the environment. No doubt a heat wave such as yours around here would be a pain in the ass for us, whereas it's an annoyance to you.

+70 degrees

Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.

People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.

+60 degrees

North Carolinians try to turn on the heat.

People in Canada plant gardens.

+50 degrees

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Canada sunbathe.

+40 degrees

Italian & English cars won't start.

People in Canada drive with the windows down.

+32 degrees

Distilled water freezes.

Lake Superior's water gets thicker.

+20 degrees

Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, and woolly hats.

People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.

+15 degrees

Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat.

People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0 degrees

People in Miami all die...

Canadians lick the flagpole.

20 below

Californians fly away to Mexico.

People in Canada get out their winter coats.

40 below

Hollywood disintegrates.

The Girl Scouts in Canada are selling cookies door to door.

60 below

Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic.

Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

80 below

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

People in Canada rent some videos.

100 below

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.

297 below

Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products.

Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.

460 below

ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale).

People in Canada start saying, "Eh, Cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below

Hell freezes over.

The Leafs win the Stanley Cup

EDIT: All temps in F

This never happened. There was a foot and a half of snow, my school didn't close, and I never went out of power. The hurricane flooded my basement however.

As for what I would remove, it would be money. It would probably solve most of the world's problems.

In Simsbury CT it did, and I exaggerated a little, maybe 2 feet. 2 weeks of no school + a power company not giving a shit.

+70 degrees

Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.

People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.

+60 degrees

North Carolinians try to turn on the heat.

People in Canada plant gardens.

+50 degrees

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Canada sunbathe.

+40 degrees

Italian & English cars won't start.

People in Canada drive with the windows down.

+32 degrees

Distilled water freezes.

Lake Superior's water gets thicker.

+20 degrees

Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, and woolly hats.

People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.

+15 degrees

Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat.

People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0 degrees

People in Miami all die...

Canadians lick the flagpole.

20 below

Californians fly away to Mexico.

People in Canada get out their winter coats.

40 below

Hollywood disintegrates.

The Girl Scouts in Canada are selling cookies door to door.

60 below

Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic.

Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

80 below

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

People in Canada rent some videos.

100 below

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.

297 below

Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products.

Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.

460 below

ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale).

People in Canada start saying, "Eh, Cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below

Hell freezes over.

The Leafs win the Stanley Cup

EDIT: All temps in F

That's a good resume. But that's a bit too hot for swimming, if you ask me. Anyway, the rest is accurate enough.