Remove

Pulse95

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so far, very little evidence that cannabis causes permanent damage to an adult brain. (there's one study that establishes correlation, but not causation with high risk of schizophrenia) It's a good idea to stay away from anything that induces altered states of mind during formative years, though.

Schizophrenia has to do with high, uncontrolled levels of dopamine in the brain which causes hallucinations. The reason cannabis gives a pleasurable feeling to the user is because it causes the brain to produce increased levels of dopamine. As with most drugs (Not just talking illicit drugs), controlled and reasonable use isn't harmful, but overdose can damage the brain - possibly resulting in permanent increases in dopamine levels, or permanent decreases in serotonin levels (Which help regulate dopamine levels, keeping them at a safe level and preventing hallucinations).

Anyways... As for the temperature thing, I'm happily sitting here in little Ohio, getting a little of everything. <3

105+ (F) in the summer? Oh well. -20- in the winter? Fireplace + Girlfriend + Blanket = Warm. :3

Although I have noticed an odd phenomenon: In the fall, if it's 45 degrees out (F), people start wearing winter jackets and long pants. In the spring, those same people will, at 45 degrees (F), begin donning shorts, skirts, t-shirts, and all manner of skimpy clothing.

...What?

Edit: As for me, I don't change what I wear. You'll find me in a trenchcoat (Black or white, depending on my mood. Looking at a nice gray one for variety. :)) with matching fedora, leather gloves, and dress shoes, regardless of temperature and current activity.

Edit: As for me, I don't change what I wear. You'll find me in a trenchcoat (Black or white, depending on my mood. Looking at a nice gray one for variety. :)) with matching fedora, leather gloves, and dress shoes, regardless of temperature and current activity.

I have the weirdest image of you right now... You sound like a cross between super secret villain and the invisible man.

Oh no, once I'm inside my lair I wear a plethora of outfits depending on the day. I wear anything from a white lab coat, a black lab coat, a (black) leather lab coat, a ballistic test suit, a hazmat suit, a gray lab coat, a black suit with a red tie, a black suit with a blue tie, a black suit with a white tie, a black suit with a gray tie, a black suit with a purple tie, a black suit with no tie, a tie with nothing else, all the way to a green lead-lined lab coat.

I have much variety in my wardrobe, do I not?

Schizophrenia has to do with high, uncontrolled levels of dopamine in the brain which causes hallucinations. The reason cannabis gives a pleasurable feeling to the user is because it causes the brain to produce increased levels of dopamine. As with most drugs (Not just talking illicit drugs), controlled and reasonable use isn't harmful, but overdose can damage the brain - possibly resulting in permanent increases in dopamine levels, or permanent decreases in serotonin levels (Which help regulate dopamine levels, keeping them at a safe level and preventing hallucinations).

I'm not going to get into the biology of it, since i have no real knowledge of it, but the scientific testing has proven a correlation, and that's all. The other psychotropic effects of cannabis use present a case for the trend to be attributed to self medication of schizophrenia, so the study, while interesting and valuable on a scientific level, lacks the substance needed to make legal claims about its benefits or lack thereof.

EDIT: My god, you all like it way too hot. Give me 65 Fahrenheit, tops, and I'm a happy camper.

I'm not going to get into the biology of it, since i have no real knowledge of it, but the scientific testing has proven a correlation, and that's all. The other psychotropic effects of cannabis use present a case for the trend to be attributed to self medication of schizophrenia, so the study, while interesting and valuable on a scientific level, lacks the substance needed to make legal claims about its benefits or lack thereof.

EDIT: My god, you all like it way too hot. Give me 65 Fahrenheit, tops, and I'm a happy camper.

My favorite temperature is -20 C

Wow. That's cold. I'm pretty sure salt water (which has a lower freezing point thab fressh water) freezes at 0° F. I'd much rather take tempatures of a low of 90 to a high of 110 than -20.

Depends on the altitude but at sea level fresh water freezes at 0C. Also, that is a typical Fall/Winter/Spring day around here.

Ha. Half a foot of snow in the UK is a joke.

Motorways clog up instantly, airports lockdown, no one gets into work...

the last bout of snow lasted for one and a half weeks. The UK economy lost £1.2 BILLION each day.

I remember slapping someone in my office for suggesting they do 'pre-emptive ploughing'... >.<

Ha. Half a foot of snow in the UK is a joke.

Motorways clog up instantly, airports lockdown, no one gets into work...

the last bout of snow lasted for one and a half weeks. The UK economy lost £1.2 BILLION each day.

I remember slapping someone in my office for suggesting they do 'pre-emptive ploughing'... >.<

yeah, the people around here are way retarded, when dealing with snow.

when I was living in Poland, I would be 5(years old) and trudging through snow twice as tall as myself to get to school.

• Moderators

nagging about UKians snow problem

Didn't your Top gear fix your ploughing problem?

I'm happy with -10 to -20 C. I roll in the snow, bath in it, then run inside the sauna, flog my back with a leaf whip, then go outside again with a cold beer to cool myself.

Im very fond of the bath barrel. Feels like being inside mommy's tummy again!

lAi25.jpg

Doesn't matter how cold the weather gets here, in the barrel it's all nice and warm... +30 to +40 C i think.