EMC Pipes

Ani2

~~~

Guys, I heard that EE3 is planning to add 'wires' that will be able to transport EMC. Either this is such a good idea even the developer of the mod came to the same conclusion for his complete overhaul, or some higher power has seen our idea! Either way, this is looking good for us!

~~~

Just what it sounds like.

Could someone please make a mod that allows you to make EMC pipes that allow you to transport EMC from one machine that breaks stuff down into EMC and then into another that condenses (/condences? I dunno...) the EMC into items?

Maybe there could be some minor loss of EMC every few blocks the EMC is transported or something, too.

EDIT; Ideas Coming Together

Well, this idea has been thought out quite a bit more recently with me and my 'team' of LazDude2012 and vernes, and a lot of people are getting a bit confused when they came onto this thread, so I thought I'd clear up what we'd discussed so far.

First off, we'd either need two new utilities that perform half the functions of the Energy Condenser or some changes to already-existing utilities that can already perform tasks similar to these, which are;

• Turning matter into raw EMC, which was discussed to be a sort of fifth-state half-energy half-plasma sort of liquid stuff. And it's glowing cyan. Aaaaaaaaaaaaw yeeeeeeeah.
  • Turning raw EMC back into the matter of your choice.

I've decided to name these utilities something like the Decomposer and the Alchemo-Synthesiser repsectively.

Now, the main new block/item we'd need would be the pipes/cables themselves, which I've decided to call something like the Energy Cage, for reasons which will become clear later. We've decided that something expensive but not too much, so Gold seemed like a good choice for two reasons;

• It's rare but not too much so, like I said before.
  • In Minecraft it's seen to be highly conductive of magic in some way, as seen in the fact that golden items are able to hold very powerful enchantments inside them.

No complete crafting recipe has been thought up so far, however.

Also, a whole new element of it has been devised which has been basically named the Stabiliser Field Emitter, which was put together from two basically separate ideas of a Stabiliser and a Containment Field and Containment Field Emitter.

The Stabilisation Field Emitter, or more easily named SFE, would both stabilise the EMC in order for it to be transported again without being assimilated into the atmosphere and generate a containment field that would be conducted around the Energy Cages.

It would act as a sort of half-torch half-repeater, as it allows the EMC to pass through the Energy Cages without just evaporating.

Usually, Energy Cages would just chew up the EMC to a near-unusable lever when passing through them. However, more powerful fields could be generated by the SFE when it is input with IndustrialCraft or BuildCraft energy, ThaumCraft liquid vis or RedPower blutricity that greatly decreases the EMC loss through the Energy Cages.

So basically, in short;

1. Decomposer breaks down items into EMC.
  2. Energy Cages are charged with a containment field with the SFE.
  3. Energy Cages are able to transport the EMC fron Decomposer through the SFE which stabilises the EMC in order for it to be put into the Alchemo-Synthesiser, however at a loss of EMC at each couple of blocks.
  4. Alchemo-Synthesiser turns EMC back into whatever item you want.
  5. And of course, blutricity, electricity/energy, or liquid vis could be put into the SFE to increase the effectiveness of the containment field and thus decrease the loss of EMC per couple of blocks.

Is that easy enough to understand? Sorry, I know I didn't put it very well. Just tell me if you'd like me to fix it a bit to make it more understandable.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the place for this, yes. Honestly, you should be able to figure out how to use teleport pipes and klein stars to do this, though.

But... that's like saying you should be able to figure out how to use teleport pipes and RC Batteries to move IC2 power... so why make cables?

But... that's like saying you should be able to figure out how to use teleport pipes and RC Batteries to move IC2 power... so why make cables?

Teleport pipes or ender chests and lapotron crystals are actually an excellent way to move long-distance IC2 power. There's only so much reason to add more complexity to the system, since it's more processing for a server/processor to keep track of.

Okay, is everyone still talking about the same thing here? I'm hearing a lot about IC2 power, but I was thinking that maybe there could be a mod that enabled you to use EMC sort of like liquid Vis - like an EMC Tank, and maybe even a Vis/EMC converter, stuff like that.

Depends on how EE stores it. If in the tile entity, this would be easy. If also in is main code, would require a good bit of fiddling. My bet is on the former, though. If someone else wants to write the code for the pipes themselves (probably based on bc or thaum for visuals) I'll write the code to interface with ee and perform the actual transfer.

Depends on how EE stores it. If in the tile entity, this would be easy. If also in is main code, would require a good bit of fiddling. My bet is on the former, though. If someone else wants to write the code for the pipes themselves (probably based on bc or thaum for visuals) I'll write the code to interface with ee and perform the actual transfer.

Nice.

My only comment to this is that such a thing already exists, it's called condensers. They do that all in one step and in a single block. There's no need to transport the emc since relays can basically do the same thing and put it in a kline star. (I know I didn't spell that right) It's like your trying to implement thuamcraft in this. I know I'm probably just ranting, but it's already simple and done.

I actually had a friend build a simple system that converted diamonds from EMC condensers into black matter via red power pipes. If you wanted to use the EE only then it'd be applicable, but if you can understand the basics of red wire, pipes, and/or the mechanics of buildcraft, I dont see the reason for it.

Yes, you're right, I am having a go at a bit of ThaumCraft into EE.

And it doesn't really make sense to require other mods to implement a feature.

Also, saying a Condenser is superior to EMC Pipes is in essence saying the same thing as a Chest is superior to Pnuematic Tubes. EMC Pipes can easily transport the EMC in raw form to another factory.

Again I can see your point Ani, but thaumcraft always hates my computer, and this is me being die hard against it, but Diamonds in Magtubes. At this point I will drop out of this thread because I know eventually I'll start writing wall's of text. I hope your dream comes to fruition and wish you a good day sir.

Now then, I need a distraction. Ladies and gentlemen, Jim Carrey as Cuban Pete

Well, I really don't see how big a deal Thaumcraft has to do with it anyway... And the thing with piped diamonds is that firts you need the diamonds themselves. Look, there's just a whole ton of reason why piping pure EMC is better than piping items rich in EMC.

Do we really need EE to be even more overpowered?

Wait, WHAT?

I'm pondering about how this would make EE 'even more overpowered'. Obviously you...

1. Have no idea what a condenser is, or..

2. Didn't read my post properly, because I purposefully remembered to add a downside to long-distance alchemy.

1. A condenser is something that when receiving EMC from matter or collecters or w/e turns the target item into more.

2. The minute I see this I already know how to cheat this. Place a EMC storer like another Condenser or Relay & no loss.

Look at EE compared to IC2 and BC and tell me it isn't overpowered. Luckily EE3 will be better.

I like EE but it's such a huge temptation. An hour to get something or fill up this chest till I get what I want?

1. A condenser is something that when receiving EMC from matter or collecters or w/e turns the target item into more.

2. The minute I see this I already know how to cheat this. Place a EMC storer like another Condenser or Relay & no loss.

Look at my earlier post buddy, I know an even easier cheat without any lose.