EMC Pipes

Ani2

1. A condenser is something that when receiving EMC from matter or collecters or w/e turns the target item into more.

2. The minute I see this I already know how to cheat this. Place a EMC storer like another Condenser or Relay & no loss.

Look at EE compared to IC2 and BC and tell me it isn't overpowered. Luckily EE3 will be better.

I like EE but it's such a huge temptation. An hour to get something or fill up this chest till I get what I want?

I don't understand... A condenser does exactly the same thing as EMC pipes connected to a Matter-EMC converter and an EMC-Matter converter. What difference is there between that little system and a Condenser?

Also, I don't see what this cheat has to do with anything. Of course you could put the storage right next to a machine. But then what would be the point in it in the first place of having long-distance EMC transport? You'd just have exactly the same thing all over again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you want is a way to transfer EMC from one place to another in raw form? Why? Use a klien star & BC pipes.

You said that the downside of having EMC pipes would be emc loss over a distance. You cheat that the same way you do with cables. Place something there to "refresh" the thing going through it. The loss is avoided.

Another massive downside to this is massive collecter fields all pumping into pipes then into a collecter. Not like it isnt already possible but pipes would make it a very viable option.

Also, as Nod said Cuban Pete is a very very very simple method of cheating the pipes.

So what you want is a way to transfer EMC from one place to another in raw form? Why? Use a klien star & BC pipes.

You said that the downside of having EMC pipes would be emc loss over a distance. You cheat that the same way you do with cables. Place something there to "refresh" the thing going through it. The loss is avoided.

Another massive downside to this is massive collecter fields all pumping into pipes then into a collecter. Not like it isnt already possible but pipes would make it a very viable option.

Also, as Nod said Cuban Pete is a very very very simple method of cheating the pipes.

How to fix that cheat? Don't include these 'repeaters' you speak of. I don't see what EMC pipe-related item could refresh any incoming EMC.

Right so you want to pipe EMC from one place to another where it can be made into matter right? This would mean the EMC could come from anywhere & go into anything even if it wasn't being made into matter. This would let you pipe EMC from a MK3 flower setup to maybe a cheaper alt like a single MK1 collecter.

The distance is short enough so there is no loss & now the EMC has moved but it hasn't lost any of the original amount. From there you can repeat this chain until you get to the final stage which is piping the EMC from your MK1 collecter or anything cheap that has internal EMC storage into your condenser & there you go.

The only time this becomes a problem is when you send a huge clump of EMC at once. Then you would have to upgrade your "refresher".

Right so you want to pipe EMC from one place to another where it can be made into matter right? This would mean the EMC could come from anywhere & go into anything even if it wasn't being made into matter. This would let you pipe EMC from a MK3 flower setup to maybe a cheaper alt like a single MK1 collecter.

The distance is short enough so there is no loss & now the EMC has moved but it hasn't lost any of the original amount. From there you can repeat this chain until you get to the final stage which is piping the EMC from your MK1 collecter or anything cheap that has internal EMC storage into your condenser & there you go.

The only time this becomes a problem is when you send a huge clump of EMC at once. Then you would have to upgrade your "refresher".

Well then there are several ways this could be fixed, by either decreasing the amount of blocks required of transport to lose EMC, by increasing the EMC loss every few blocks, or by making EMC automatically somewhat disintegrate into thin air once it enters a machine. Maybe even all of these.

The loss for EMC pipes would be similiar to cables right?

By decreasing the distance, I would increase the amount of refreshers.

By increasing the loss but still keeping the distance you're actually kinda forcing people to refresh it.

By your last option if you mean once it's been moved once it becomes too unstable to then move again then you have a good idea.

The loss for EMC pipes would be similiar to cables right?

By decreasing the distance, I would increase the amount of refreshers.

By increasing the loss but still keeping the distance you're actually kinda forcing people to refresh it.

By your last option if you mean once it's been moved once it becomes too unstable to then move again then you have a good idea.

Basically, yeah.

Well then this is a possible feature. I always saw EMC as more of a electrical thing though. You might think our little debate was annoying but now we have a rounded idea.

Yeah, I guess it would make sense to rename it the EMC Cable I guess.

So did I, as EMC is [bold] Energy [/bold] Matter Currency.

Oh. Always assumed it was Energy Matter Conversion, but at least I got the first two bits right without research.

Come to think of it maybe when EE3 comes out & is a bit more fair on other mods the developer or someone else could add an EMC cable which would be expensive but look extremely cool with glowing sparkly EMC flowing throguh it

Maybe. Though I'd like credit for my idea... X3

The ability to say you helped developed EE3 would be massive bragging rights...

Hrm, yes... Yes it would... My friend is addicted to Energy Condensers, so I could all be like

'MUHAHAHAHAAAAAA! I WILL FORCE YOU TO EITHER PAY FOR USING THESE NEW ITEMS OR I'LL CODE IN SOMETHING THAT DELETES EVERYTHING MADE BY YOUR IP AND USERNAME!!!'

Even though I couldn't actually do that most likely X3

I would like to say that I had this idea flamed to the ground about a month ago, but now that i see this im actually exited

What that you see excites you in what way...?

Technically, it would be possible, but you would be immediately laughed off the Internet for even trying.

No, really: The vibrations from the explosion of laughter would open a localized chasm between your computer and the wall, effectively cutting off your connection. Take pictures.

Technically, it would be possible, but you would be immediately laughed off the Internet for even trying.

No, really: The vibrations from the explosion of laughter would open a localized chasm between your computer and the wall, effectively cutting off your connection. Take pictures.

Hrm... but what if I have a laptop with a USB modem...?

Anyway, really, I think what me and my 'team' of supporters are hoping for right now is that somehow the overhaul of EE will allow for a simpler way of coding this. I somewhat doubt it though.

I always saw EMC as some kind of pure quantum plasma... thingy.

And the thing about containing plasma is that you need an containment field.

Part of me wants this emc-tube to require electricity to work.

And the more electricity, the less EMC is lost per distance.

But this is just an opinion. And has no game-balancing arguments to support it.

I really like the "you can only move it once" argument. Maybe have something that "stabilises" it, and uses some of the EMC up in the process? Not too much of it, but enough to make you think twice about exploiting the system? And then you could have it like vanilla redstone, where the power only travels x amount of blocks, and you need one of these every so often, but it takes up EMC in the process?

I always saw EMC as some kind of pure quantum plasma... thingy.

And the thing about containing plasma is that you need an containment field.

Part of me wants this emc-tube to require electricity to work.

And the more electricity, the less EMC is lost per distance.

But this is just an opinion. And has no game-balancing arguments to support it.

Ah yes!

Actually, although you say it is only an assumption, there is some real science behind the fact of the possibility of EMC being a 'plasma'.

In reality, plasma, as the 'fourth state of matter', it would make a great conversion currency between Energy and Matter, as the name of EMC is Energy Matter Currency. I like that idea!