EMC Pipes

Ani2

I really like the "you can only move it once" argument. Maybe have something that "stabilises" it, and uses some of the EMC up in the process? Not too much of it, but enough to make you think twice about exploiting the system? And then you could have it like vanilla redstone, where the power only travels x amount of blocks, and you need one of these every so often, but it takes up EMC in the process?

That is also a good idea!

Actually, I imagine that vernes' Containment Field would be a perfect match for a Stabiliser, and have it do both functions in exchange for power.

This idea, as impossible as it may be, does have some good ideas to it!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure the Containment Field takes up EMC in the process. 5% EMC is too little, and 25% is way too much, but it needs to take up some of the EMC. Also, to prevent people from using Collectors, Relays, or any of those as impromptu Containment Fields, make sure it needs a Containment Field to extract the EMC from the pipe into one. Period. And the CFs don't need to be expensive; they shouldn't exactly be cheap either.

Just make sure the Containment Field takes up EMC in the process. 5% EMC is too little, and 25% is way too much, but it needs to take up some of the EMC. Also, to prevent people from using Collectors, Relays, or any of those as impromptu Containment Fields, make sure it needs a Containment Field to extract the EMC from the pipe into one. Period. And the CFs don't need to be expensive; they shouldn't exactly be cheap either.

[by the way, I'm thinking 'Stabilisation Field']

Yeah, I'm thinking 10-15%.

And in the way of cost, I'm reckoning not any fancy-schamncy new EE stuff, just a bit of Diamonds or maybe Gold. Sound good?

And yes, the Stabiliser Field will stabilise the liquid EMC or whatever it's going to be into regular absorbed EMC, if that's what you're thinking.

EDIT; Though we are being a bit over-optimistic about all this. From what I hear from the most major posts, it isn't even possible. And even the others say it's way out of anyone here's league. And I can't even code myself.

Like I've said before, though, we're all hoping the EE revamp changes the way EMc works.

I can totally help texture this thing.

And the block's name should be "Stabilisation Field Emitter" as opposed to the pipe itself, which is the "Stablilisation Field".

That way, the block can emit a sort of force-fieldy pipe, and we can see the pulsating EMC beam between emitters.

I can totally help texture this thing.

And the block's name should be "Stabilisation Field Emitter" as opposed to the pipe itself, which is the "Stablilisation Field".

That way, the block can emit a sort of force-fieldy pipe, and we can see the pulsating EMC beam between emitters.

Fair enough.

But I'm thinking you have Stabiliser Mesh as the pipes, and you connect them to the Stabiliser Field Emitter and the metal that the pipes are made of - which I'm thinking of as being Gold because in Minecraft Gold has magic-conducting properties - would conduct some sort of magnetic condensing field that is emitted from the Stabiliser Field Emitter.

Sound okay?

As long as the pipes are transparent enough to see the juicy EMC goodness inside.

EDIT: Also, there should be a lower limit to how much EMC the pipes can transport, as they're powered by the EMC running through them.

Oh yes.

And yes, of course there'd be a limit - surpass this limit and boom, your diamonds are wasted.

well, I mean a lower limit, like there has to be at least X EMC passing through the pipes, otherwise it's gobbled up by the field emitters.

Oh, right - makes sense, I guess. Otherwise EMC being lost every few blocks don't make sense, do it?

So, no electricity?

I'd understand you'd want this EE-mod pipe to work without additional mods.

However, it would be kinda nice to allow it to interact with multiple mod elements.

Pure EE, it consumes EMC in the process of transporting it like LazDude2012 mentioned.

You can also attach IndustrialCraft's cables with their different voltages.

The different voltages produce different Stabiliser Field strength which actually means less loss.

Less loss by no means should become no loss.

The Stabiliser Field Emitter (or the pipes) should explode when fed more as 128 EU (MV), just so people have to think carefully when transferring EMC.

It also accepts Blutricity.

Because Blutricity only comes in one flavour, Blutricity will be considered alike to 128 EU (MV) and result in the optimal EMC transfer.

(all examples are of course subjected to losses over distance, EMC efficiency is calculated using the resulting blu- and electricity)

Unrelated from electricity:

Do you need a Stabiliser Field Emitter on both ends of the EMC pipe?

So, no electricity?

I'd understand you'd want this EE-mod pipe to work without additional mods.

However, it would be kinda nice to allow it to interact with multiple mod elements.

Pure EE, it consumes EMC in the process of transporting it like LazDude2012 mentioned.

You can also attach IndustrialCraft's cables with their different voltages.

The different voltages produce different Stabiliser Field strength which actually means less loss.

Less loss by no means should become no loss.

The Stabiliser Field Emitter (or the pipes) should explode when fed more as 128 EU (MV), just so people have to think carefully when transferring EMC.

It also accepts Blutricity.

Because Blutricity only comes in one flavour, Blutricity will be considered alike to 128 EU (MV) and result in the optimal EMC transfer.

(all examples are of course subjected to losses over distance, EMC efficiency is calculated using the resulting blu- and electricity)

Unrelated from electricity:

Do you need a Stabiliser Field Emitter on both ends of the EMC pipe?

Didn't we discuss this?

If we didn't, I'll go over the plan again;

Yes, pure EMC with no supporting additional energy, the consumption rate is high.

However, Stabiliser Field Emitters would reduce EMC consumption when input with IC2 power, Blutricity and I reckon BC power too.

And yes, I was thinking it would explode with too much input, makes sense. Too much power? Bam. Whoops. bye-bye all my diamonds and my hard-earned EMC cables and such. Should think a little harder next time.

Also, I assumed the Emitter would be like a repeater+torch, which conducts the Stabiliser Field around all the cables within so many blocks, as well as conducting the EMC itself.

Man, I'm going to post all this on the OP, this needs some clearing up.

I believe so, this is to prevent people from cheating.

Also, at intervals along the pipe.

Yes, read my above post, that should clear things up a little.

Eloraam won't like her code being screwed with.

Dafuq? This isn't screwing with anyone's code. New Vanilla updates that add new Redstone machines don't screw with her code, so how does out little plugin here?

• 1 month later...

Guys, I heard that EE3 is planning to add 'wires' that will be able to transport EMC. Either this is such a good idea even the developer of the mod came to the same conclusion for his complete overhaul, or some higher power has seen our idea! Either way, this is looking good for us!

well this is certainly a turn of events. I'd have rathered pipes that could go in all 6 directions unsupported but business cat still likes it so I'm behind it.

Business cat is a wise source of information, I must say.