[3.1.2] TekVentures [24/7][75 Slot][PVP/Grief][CustomBiomes][Towny][MCmmo][Limited EE][TreasureHunt]

mjclone

OpHOx.png

WE DO NOT HAVE EE/Condensers! Thanks!

Adult owned dedicated non home server...

NO LAG!

Server IP: (old)tekv.servegame.com/(new)tekventures.net

75 Slots

To join the server you must be using the Tekkit Launcher:

Launcher Download

Server is better viewed with

Sphax PureBDcraft

Download the pack with all mods combined with Sphax Pack

click here!

I DO NOT take any credit for any of the packs.

gwujM.png

We have spent long hours getting this server ready for you. We strive to make our community happy and keep a well balanced economy. We are a limited pvp, griefing server. Meaning that we allow all griefing out side of spawn and towns that have been made. We encourage everyone to take the effort to read the in-game rules and how to's. We made this server have custom biomes and have a great challenge for everyone Not every biome will have your ores so please instead of QQ about it just move to another biome and search there. We are running on a dedicated server as of 11/7/2012, 1gbps connection. As days go on we are editing configs and fixing bugs as we move on. Server has been public for a month (11/7/2012) We do get about 20-30 players on the weekends and hope to have more soon! Please enjoy and have fun!

YZloA.png

1. No Spamming or advertising of other servers

2. No Griefing around spawn or Towns

3. No Hack clients or any type of hacks

4. No PVP right out side spawn or Towns (unless town is pvp enabled)

5. Don't kill new players

6. Read in-game rules

7. Have any questions about using Towny, LWC use /warp howto

8. No Fighting, insulting, or racism IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

9. Please have fun

10. Don't ask to be staffed, play with us & be loyal & see what happens

11. Don't dig straight down!

12. To be able to be a mod/admin you will have to play and show your loyalty to the owner and server.
  13. DON'T use fowl language in general chat. Party's and whispers are ok!

WQDAA.png

Server Plugins

• LWC- (Will allow you to save your pipes, chests, and a lot more)
  • Terrain Control- (Custome biomes,nothing like your average tekkit maps)
  • Towny- (Makes a plot so people can't grief or pvp you in it)
  • Trade- (Lets you trade with others with out throwing things down)
  • Slots- (want to make more money try the slots)
  • ChestShops- (will be able to make shops in the /warp shops area)
  • MCmmo- (Allows you to gain skills to get more rewards)
  • MobBounty- (Killing mobs never will be the same)
  • Treasure Hunt- (Sends a random valued chest into the world to be hunted)
  • No Cheat- (for those that like to cheat)
  • Virtual Chest- (my higher ranked players use a virtualChest not losing anything in it)
  • Hawkeye- (block logger- admin use only)
  • Plus more admin controlled plugins.

Disabled/Restricted Plugins and Items

1. We took out the Weapons mod. It was buggy

2. EE items that can make EMC is disabled but can be gained

3. The way the server is setup EMC gen would hurt the economy

kGXSW.png

Town Spawn

0YaWz.jpg

qgPLZ.jpg

Id58Z.jpg

The Custom Biomes

This one is of a hell biome and a mountain biome.

byyun.jpg

More mountains and some forest.

fHMXF.jpg

Hell Biome with a Swamp feeling!

SqHXX.jpg

Well hope to see you inside the world of TekVentures!!!

You see the server down by all means let me know on here Thanks!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much. Shooting for the best!

So you all know please don't ask about mod/admin or anything of that matter if i see you on and you are being loyal to the server i will be watching you. until then nothing will be of of mod/admin staff! Thank you!

@Mjclone

What info are you wanting for mod applications? and do you want it here :

Name: Scottwears

Live: UK

Time can be on: most of the day on and off

let me know if you want more info

Scottwears

Don't sign your name... its in the forum rules...just an fyi... we can get together later today or maybe thursday.. this goes for anyone that is interested in being in the moder... add me on skype Mjclone.. Thanks!

Tried this server out when my regular one was down for an hour, and really like it. Picked it based off the pictures of the biomes, and that it is very new. I like exploring and building on new maps, always a lot of fun. This one has some twists. First off, it's PVP, but without some of the EE that lets people immediately zoom to godhood. (If you need EE to play, don't come here.)

Secondly, we're all having to search and figure out the new biomes. Instead of just digging down anywhere, each biome has different rules, different mobs, different ways the ores spawn. You might run across gold or redstone in an outcropping on a mountain, or search for a biome with a lot of coal. I'm having trouble finding Nikolite, of all things!

Trees are huge, with many varieties, with huge gnarled roots or soaring canopies. Many types and shapes. Cactus and desert trees very unique.

Over all, it's more of a challenge than your average tekkit experience, and has a lot of new sights. Enjoying it so far. It's my vacation home when modding on my regular server becomes a chore.)

I am stoked to see your compliments. Means a lot even though some people don't think about how much time is put into running a server. Your compliments are worth a lot to us we do a lot of work and try our best to keep our community happy. I know I took out EE but with EE enabled the way we run the server it would be just another typical server. That's why we took the extra time for the custom biomes and where to put all the ores and what not. A custom biome isn't just POOF its there either there is a lot of configurations that goes into it as well. So yes when someone says something about the server it is taken very heavily making us work harder. Thank you very much!

I joined yesterday because custom biomes drew my attention. Upon joining, reading and accepting the rules and going out of spawn, I found things like these:

The typical look of the Tundra biome:

nrD1Rh.jpg

The forest biome with hanging sugar cane:

2dmSfh.jpg

Deserts with palm trees and weird cacti:

jc94oh.png

The whole world is made out of nice, custom biomes. The only problem I found is that some ores were not generated (ruby/emerald and uranium) or - according to the owner - generated in biomes which I have not stumbled upon yet after more than 1 hour of searching.

What makes the server more challenging (and that's a good thing if you don't want the standard Tekkit world) is the fact that not all ores spawn in all biomes. For example you can find coal and copper in Forest biomes but no coal at all in River or Plains biomes. This makes the player explore the world and have different digging sites for different ores. There also is a custom "Sky" biome in which the only mob spawns are Endermen and which additionally has a black sky (like in the End).

A big thanks for those biomes to the staff!

Apart from that, the server offers the standard repertoire of plugins (mcMMO, Towny). Towns do not cost that much to create, but have a high upkeep that can currently only be met if you vote or if you sell diamonds to the server shop. The owner - mjclone - is aware of that problem though and plans to extend the shop and also add an arena that offers paid fights. He seems to be very active and cares for his community, addressing problems and not ignoring them unlike some other servers owner out there.

The only feature advertised here but I didn't see ingame are the Slot machines, which isn't a big issue for me.

Pandemoneus thanks for such a great review! Means a LOT to me! I also have updated the shop as well so you will now find free leather armor to help start you in the world and there is a lot more things to buy and sell still keeping it so you have to still mine! I am having a blast and really thank everyone for such a great feedback.

This server is AMAZING the owner is very friendly and helpful and there are no rude people. The way this server is set up is great and you could spend hours on here and still have lots to do. Looking forward to my time here I think I have found my main server :D

Another long night spent having fun when I should have been sleeping :) I like the custom biomes, as I find myself making specific excursions to find the items I need. Last night was gathering Ender Pearls in a Sky biome. Enchanted Althame recommended for the trip, as the scary buggers can spawn in droves, just like in the End. Tonite I'll be heading to a Hell Biome, just to see what it has. Ghasts and pigmen roaming in my forest home have made life a bit interesting, might have built a wee bit to close to Hell. :)

The Admin, MJ, is on a huge amount. Very approachable, and helpful. Still a very new map. Shops are just starting to open, towns forming, and huge amounts of unexplored space, with vast resources if you know where to look. The balance of PVP and towney is good. You want to be protected? Then you have to earn some cash to pay that high daily rent on your town. Players that go away for a couple of weeks and don't keep up their town will come back to find a wasteland :) You aren't going to see a ton of little towns made by new people who play for a day and don't come back, cluttering things up. Big towns will be populated by active players. Inactive towns can suddenly become treasure troves:)

Very nice scenery, nice resource placement. Glad I joined up early and got to work exploring and mining.

Im sorry for jumping to a conclusion, But I was infuriated that my items were taken from locked chests. And also to Mikhaila you came on when i was ranting not when the conflict first originated i tried to seek assistance,But unfortunately for me Mj wasn't on and i was getting harassed by my mom to finish homework so mainly this was a stress induced rant. I will admit i might of not been in the right frame of mind, but as you came on i was also calming down. I will also admit that it was the right action by you to kick/ban or whatever you did Mj. I have to say after you did that i got off and played some relaxing football and i'm a-lot more calm then i was before. So if you would allow me i would like to come back on to the server and discuss this matter in a more conventional manner. As i stated before this is a stress induced rage not because i do this every other day. Please consider these statements in a benevolent way and contact me.

Skype- dgxgamingx123

Email [email protected]

I thought it was a good server until an admin was caught for stealing from locked chests and blocked then he bans the victim because he could't come up with an excuse....

Dude you never even told me anything about this... You didnt even let me know anything of whats going on. I'm sorry to tell you but i just got off work thank you, That means you jump to conclusion way to fast bro. Retract your comment and get in game and I will be more then happy to help you get your items back! But never leave a comment before you talk to me first. I mean DUH!

I thought it was a good server until an admin was caught for stealing from locked chests and blocked then he bans the victim because he could't come up with an excuse....

A blatant lie. I was on when you started ranting and raving about losing things. You're only "proof" that it was an admin is you thought you had the chests locked. I told you at the time that accusing an Admin of 'stealing' from you was dumb, and to instead ask MJ for help. You just kept being a jerk and ranting. Given the choices of:

1. Rant, accuse admin, make false accusations, lie on these forums.

2. Ask for help from a very involved Admin that is quite accessable.

You chose #1. Dumb.

Im sorry for jumping to a conclusion, But I was infuriated that my items were taken from locked chests. And also to Mikhaila you came on when i was ranting not when the conflict first originated i tried to seek assistance,But unfortunately for me Mj wasn't on and i was getting harassed by my mom to finish homework so mainly this was a stress induced rant. I will admit i might of not been in the right frame of mind, but as you came on i was also calming down. I will also admit that it was the right action by you to kick/ban or whatever you did Mj. I have to say after you did that i got off and played some relaxing football and i'm a-lot more calm then i was before. So if you would allow me i would like to come back on to the server and discuss this matter in a more conventional manner. As i stated before this is a stress induced rage not because i do this every other day. Please consider these statements in a benevolent way and contact me.

Skype- dgxgamingx123

Email [email protected]

Thats cool man I see you online we will fix it and yes i found who did it and they are not allowed back in the game. Thanks for the apology!

See you in the game!