Band name

Markarthian

Hey everyone,

Me and my friends formed a band a while ago (name was "surrounded by idiots"). We performed a little, you know, like on a friends party and stuff... But after one of these gigs a guy approached us (we recognized he was the manager of a music related thingy in town) he offered us a contract :D

I'm not gonna bore you guys with the other stuff around this... But now

Edit: I hate my phone... But now, the reason of this thread: our band name was already taken >.< all the others we came up with too. We're out of ideas, do you guys know a good band name?

Thanks in advance from my whole band ;)

Thanks for the replies,

I kinda like The Nubcakes actually, it's funny :P

What genre?

My 'group' is called the Monochromatic Dragon, because Dragon's are epic and monochromatic colors are epic.

We're mostly rock, sometimes more hardrock, sometimes more like the today's usual stuff (to please our piano girl ;) )

Edit: it is an epic name indeed, I like it.

Thanks for the replies,

I kinda like The Nubcakes actually, it's funny :P

We're mostly rock, sometimes more hardrock, sometimes more like the today's usual stuff (to please our piano girl ;) )

Edit: it is an epic name indeed, I like it.

My 'group' is Melodic Death Metal, we have a pianist as well.

I can't really help because every name I'd recommend would be for Metal bands xD.

Maybe, Decapitated Tranquility?

My 'group' is Melodic Death Metal, we have a pianist as well.

I can't really help because every name I'd recommend would be for Metal bands xD.

Maybe, Decapitated Tranquility?

Melodic Death Metal? I've never heard of that, what is the difference between Melodic DM and normal DM?

I like your idea, personally I wouldn't use 'decapitated' but something less harsh, but with the same idea in mind..

Oh, and... I have a question for you. My pianist (my sister) is very skilled, so there's not much of a challenge for her in the stuff we play. I'd like to know how you integrate your piano in the music. :)

Melodic Death Metal? I've never heard of that, what is the difference between Melodic DM and normal DM?

I like your idea, personally I wouldn't use 'decapitated' but something less harsh, but with the same idea in mind..

Oh, and... I have a question for you. My pianist (my sister) is very skilled, so there's not much of a challenge for her in the stuff we play. I'd like to know how you integrate your piano in the music. :)

Melodic Death Metal is a sub-sub genre of Death Metal, it typically uses instruments not used in most other genres, keyboards most of the time, violin, etc.

We usually start with the pianist 'starting' the song, which then the drummer follows and they somehow cooperate and then guitarist/vocals come in followed by rhythm guitar and bass guitar. So basically get your sister to make a beat or something and then have the drummer improve, etc. We all love playing

I can play Bass, Guitars, Drums, and do Vocals, but my 'group' has me doing Lead Guitar and Vocals.

Melodic Death Metal is a sub-sub genre of Death Metal, it typically uses instruments not used in most other genres, keyboards most of the time, violin, etc.

We usually start with the pianist 'starting' the song, which then the drummer follows and they somehow cooperate and then guitarist/vocals come in followed by rhythm guitar and bass guitar. So basically get your sister to make a beat or something and then have the drummer improve, etc. We all love playing

I can play Bass, Guitars, Drums, and do Vocals, but my 'group' has me doing Lead Guitar and Vocals.

That's so cool! Being able to play whatever instrument you like.

I see Edit: I hate my phone! I didn't press the dam submit button! XD

I see, that could work yeah. I'll tell her.

Oh wow, that's some other piece of cake. (I don't know if that's the correct collogial expression but idc) closest I've ever come to this kind of music is Metallica and Disturbed, lol. Whilst not saying anything negative about DM.

Melodic Death Metal examples:

Dethklok

Insomnium

Amon Amarth

Dark Tranquility

Death Metal examples:

Cannibal Corpse

Vader

Behemoth

People in metal like to get into a lot of fancy subgenres. If you ever get into an argument about it, just ignore it and say "Eff it, it's just good music".

I salute you sir for listing those epic bands, but you did forget Deicide and Aeon ;). \m/

Melodic Death Metal examples:

Dethklok

Insomnium

Amon Amarth

Dark Tranquility

Death Metal examples:

Cannibal Corpse

Vader

Behemoth

People in metal like to get into a lot of fancy subgenres. If you ever get into an argument about it, just ignore it and say "Eff it, it's just good music".

I agree with you on that, although I seem to only know the lighter versions of metal (metallica, disturbed, slipknot)

Edit: the song of Amon Amarth you linked to is EPIC, wow..only sad this is the grunting (don't kill me if it's not the right term, I'm not an expert)

I agree with you on that, although I seem to only know the lighter versions of metal (metallica, disturbed, slipknot)

Edit: the song of Amon Amarth you linked to is EPIC, wow..only sad this is the grunting (don't kill me if it's not the right term, I'm not an expert)

The correct term is growling, I have a term I like to use too people who are 'new' to metal or like nu metal/metalcore, I consider them 'Nufags' (Not ripping on gays, i'm using the term as people who are new to metal/like nu metal and or metalcore), it's natural though we all go through the 'nufag' state and the best of us come up liking the 'true' metal sub genres so maybe one day you can come out of that state. (Again i'm not homophobic)

I thought the exact same thing senior year of high school when I first head that exact same song. 4 years later, learning to enjoy them has opened up a huge world of awesome music to me.

Haha, that's pretty funny. And catchy. I don't usually prefer grind/gore. In that genre, no one can touch the lyrical genius of Broken Hope in my opinion (example Edit: Not for the faint of stomach).

I much prefer black, melodeath and doom. Right now I'm enjoying listening to Wintersun's latest album (only took them 8 years), but I don't really have "a favorite song".

OP if you ever record in a studio be sure to share a link with us so we can hear you guys!

Haha, that's pretty funny. And catchy. I don't usually prefer grind/gore. In that genre, no one can touch the lyrical genius of Broken Hope in my opinion (example Edit: Not for the faint of stomach).

I much prefer black, melodeath and doom. Right now I'm enjoying listening to Wintersun's latest album (only took them 8 years), but I don't really have "a favorite song".

OP if you ever record in a studio be sure to share a link with us so we can hear you guys!

You never struck me as the DM kind of guy. I am odd in that I listen to most genres but I generally only like certain songs. I second the suggestion to post a recording here by the way ;)

-snip

My favorite genres are Melodic/Technical Death Metal, but I like all Metal as long as it doesn't have that autotune or any remnants from Nu Metal. (Another great band, Crypotopsy- Slit Your Guts)

-snip

I vote yes too.

Lol, I should'be known that asking "band name pl0x" wouldn't get me a lot of serious suggestions. :P

We are currently working on a few songs, which we will record in the (still makeshift) studio. Which probably won't (again) be able to record singing... -.-

I'll post links when they're done, recorded and uploaded :)

I have got some live, crap-quality sound, songs on YouTube, I think they're still on my personal channel: Marklar006