aesthetic power

progrendon

hi i'm trying to run power down a glass fibre cable, (about 14 blocks) and am trying to hide the cables unfortunately these are solar panels coming down from the roof, so i can not simply dig a trench. Is there any way of hiding it that will only take up one block including the cable like you can pneumatic tubes and covers.

p.s. do you no any good red power sorting systems tutorials as all the ones iv'e seen conflict with each other??

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cf ok i've not noticed that ill look it up on the wiki. but yea its a marble building and as this might happen in several places i think making that amount of lv transformers might be a bit expensive.

ok that is a useful tool and i'm presuming to color it you simply use a paintbrush the same as hv cables.

yes well whilst we're on aesthetics can anyone show me some print screens or guide me to a place that can show me some cool house designs, as i'm ok on the practical but not ugly factory stuff and mage towers, (im proud of them) i'm not to good at the homes,as they tend to end up empty and its rather embarrassing when i have friends round especially female ones as i often get lectures on good housing.

I carve my houses out of volcanoes, Bond-villain-style.

Start with a spiral staircase. (mine are 2-wide, and use half slabs, so one doesn't lose their sprint running on them)

Then, at corners, dig a 2 wide and 2 deep tunnel, and dig your rooms. Most of them will break through the outside of the volcano, so finish up where the walls would have been with glass.

Then, at the top, build a balcony, (I use a pattern with basalt cobble and normal cobble) glass panes all around, and a glass roof.

I'll get you some screenies at some point.

I carve my houses out of volcanoes, Bond-villain-style.

Start with a spiral staircase. (mine are 2-wide, and use half slabs, so one doesn't lose their sprint running on them)

Then, at corners, dig a 2 wide and 2 deep tunnel, and dig your rooms. Most of them will break through the outside of the volcano, so finish up where the walls would have been with glass.

Then, at the top, build a balcony, (I use a pattern with basalt cobble and normal cobble) glass panes all around, and a glass roof.

I'll get you some screenies at some point.

Dude. I do my houses the same exact way. Even the 2-wide spiral staircase. lol