"This modpack is not allowed to use IC2"

Western_freak

If you follow the IC2 development then you know that there is an open beta going on right now.

In one of the smaller updates the following pop-up started to show up:

Lfnit.png

Since IC2 is confirmed to be a part of FTB modpack, is IC2 going to blacklist every other modpack?

What could this mean for the future of the Technic Pack?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really nice if the Minecraft modding community did not make me want to physically vomit quite so often. Why do so many smart, intelligent, capable, and creative people have to be such raging and hypocritical asshats with control issues over their unauthorized and unsupported modifications to a closed-source application?

I don't care how orderly or reasonable his demands are: Presented in such a cold and strict manner with a fucking popup in the game? Acting like the damn hand of a god reaching down to steer our fucking gaming lives. Minecraft modders are literally the most venomous and controlling of any I have EVER FUCKING SEEN.

Ugh. IC2 was one of the first mods to give permission, if I remember what kaker said correctly. I certainly hope that this won't be a problem. I'm taking a "cross that bridge when we get there" mentality on this one. The idea in general though is petty at best.

That's the million dollar question. Last time RichardG tried to detect technic, he looked at the combination of mods to determine it. As far as I know, we're the only one that's "easy" to detect due to how we use different folders. If that message pops up for people not running any pack at all, that will be hilarious to watch.

Hidden

That's the million dollar question. Last time RichardG tried to detect technic, he looked at the combination of mods to determine it. As far as I know, we're the only one that's "easy" to detect due to how we use different folders. If that message pops up for people not running any pack at all, that will be hilarious to watch.

It would be really nice if the Minecraft modding community did not make me want to physically vomit quite so often. Why do so many smart, intelligent, capable, and creative people have to be such raging and hypocritical asshats with control issues over their unauthorized and unsupported modifications to a closed-source application?

I don't care how orderly or reasonable his demands are: Presented in such a cold and strict manner with a fucking popup in the game? Acting like the damn hand of a god reaching down to steer our fucking gaming lives. Minecraft modders are literally the most venomous and controlling of any I have EVER FUCKING SEEN.

Well they have the almighty adf.ly dollar waiting for them! Any other game would be cracking down on that so hard. Try to put a mod for Skyrim through adf.ly and see what happens, and that game you're allowed to distribute mods!

The whole problem is caused by Mojang and their refusal to make an official statement or take a stance on modding, and what is and isn't acceptable. And are you really that surprised? Think of it this way:

Notch= Egotistical, narcissistic creator of Minecraft. Terrible coder.

Flower Child= Egotistical, narcissistic creator of a Minecraft Mod. Terrible coder.

Do you see any similarities?

Alblaka already posted that there was no need to obtain specific permission for his mod but to give them due credit. RichardG is obviously going around him. And wow, the bile those people spew about tekkit is unreal, but it is common to hate what you don't understand.

Alblaka already posted that there was no need to obtain specific permission for his mod but to give them due credit. RichardG is obviously going around him. And wow, the bile those people spew about tekkit is unreal, but it is common to hate what you don't understand.

Well that makes sense, given what I've seen of RichardG in dw20's videos. What an ass-hat.

Hey, I'd like to shed some light on this. I put up that code after I started working in 1.4. I made it a proof of concept, which always showed the message instead of finding a modpack proper, but the issue is I forgot to commit it, so it got merged as I was making the beta update, and compiled just fine in 1.3.2

TECHNIC WILL NOT BE INVOLVED. They are up to date with our permissions. Our issue is with moron packs that blatantly violate our modpack policy. That change was approved by Alblaka, and look, it's at least better than destroying your world.