Best Games No One Played

crzymn777

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychonauts is actually pretty popular. So is Supreme Commander.

Skies of Arcadia was a particularly good RPG, although I reckon that's not as underground as people around here would expect.

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble gets my nomination. It's a GBA cartridge that was loads of fun, I don't think it was terribly popular though.

If psychonauts is more popular than I think, then I choose Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. I put nearly 1000 hours (not a typo) into that game in the PS2 days.

that's a great game. Also pretty popular.

Anybody else play Legend of Dragoon for the PS1?

^Dragoon was awesome.

Legend of Legaia for PSX was pretty great.

Sudeki for Xbox was also pretty great.

One Must Fall 2097 for DOS was also great.

I loved the Legaia games! Unfortunately LoD doesn't take well to emulation, so i can't really play it again.

works just fine for me epsxe

How long have you played? I always get hangups in battle where the next turn just refuses to start. Usually starting near the middle of disc 1, and continuing at least through the first quarter of disc 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Knights of Honor. It's a good game, a real-time RTS that has a similar set up to the Total War series of games.

The campaign map shows the different regions/provinces, and army movements. Battle view is you directly controlling individual units on the battlefield.

Major difference between this and Total War games is that the campaign map is real-time instead of turn-based. It's loads of fun until you figure out how easy the AI is exploitable.

Good thing is it's all 2D (runs well on toasters), and the art work is decent. Also runs well on Windows 7.

Does it count if 'not enough' people play Kerbal Space Program? :D

Anywho, Chase The Express for PS1. Brilliant ResEvil style shooter, on a big-ass train. Hours of fun.

Not enough people I talk to know of any of the Timesplitters franchise either, which saddens me greatly. One of the few games to have ever really nailed console FPS.

Except for XIII, which was released on everything ever. Which not enough people played.

I

Does it count if 'not enough' people play Kerbal Space Program? :D

Anywho, Chase The Express for PS1. Brilliant ResEvil style shooter, on a big-ass train. Hours of fun.

Not enough people I talk to know of any of the Timesplitters franchise either, which saddens me greatly. One of the few games to have ever really nailed console FPS.

Except for XIII, which was released on everything ever. Which not enough people played.

XIII looks a lot like a modernized Borderlands ish Heavy Rain ish FPS. Looks really good actually.

EDIT: Also was Chase the Express a railed shooter? (NO PUN INTENDED WHATSOEVER) or could you control the character yourself?

Albert Odyssey for the sega saturn. great RPG, also hilarious RPG. it doesn't get much better than forcing a bandit king to come out of his impossibly fortified castle by yelling "yo momma" jokes at him from outside the front gate. yes, that really happens.

Where does one go about buying this game? It intrigues me...

Your best bet is to buy it on amazon.com. Gamestop will charge you out the ear for it, if you can manage to find a copy stocked. Which you wont.

EDIT: Also, that game is the absolute tits, just like all the games in the Disgaea franchise. Makai Kingdom is a great example of those as well.

DOUBLE EDIT: Steambot Chronicles was also an awesome game.

Your best bet is to buy it on amazon.com. Gamestop will charge you out the ear for it, if you can manage to find a copy stocked. Which you wont.

EDIT: Also, that game is the absolute tits, just like all the games in the Disgaea franchise. Makai Kingdom is a great example of those as well.

DOUBLE EDIT: Steambot Chronicles was also an awesome game.

You definately won't find it in a Gamestop. It is very much a collectors' item. My original copy was stolen by a mentally challenged child who thought it was his AvP disk. Thank god I ripped an iso as backup.

You definately won't find it in a Gamestop. It is very much a collectors' item. My original copy was stolen by a mentally challenged child who thought it was his AvP disk. Thank god I ripped an iso as backup.

I always backup my games on my EHD no matter what. I also just recently while browsing Game Informer found these amazing EHDs. I am definitely going to buy one mainly for the novelty but also for storage.