MCPC 1.4.5: ForgeBukkit Lives On!

TheSpoonyOne

Krizmac, I run a Feed the Beast server myself, and I love it, but you do know that FTB is no different really in this respect? In-fact FTB still has a couple of mods left that haven't even been finished yet, never-mind included in the pack that should be and will be in it, Including a worldgen mod. In-fact FTB at the moment has a much higher chance of needing a world reset to ensure no corrupted chunks or anything of that nature than Tekkit, (and I'm really not that big a fan of Tekkit when compared to FTB.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tekkit 3.1.3 is still Minecraft 1.2.5! This version is basically finalizing our 1.2.5 builds so we can completely focus on the next version of Tekkit. There are a lot of awesome things stirring up for Tekkit and we are working full time on getting them to you."

Are you kidding me? This is why I left Tekkit for Feed The Beast. The Tekkit guys are complete Tools, who really have no idea what is going on. Before you bash me for "omg you n00b", just because I have very few posts here does not mean that I am retarded.

The next Version on Tekkit? Really? So when Minecraft 1.4.5 is out, you guys "might" be playing 1.3? Won't that be swell!

Seriously folks, why do people even waste their time with some outdated, poorly upkept shit like Tekkit?

1. Feed the Beast is awesome, but it isn't forgebukkit! That means when MC updates --> ForgeMC Updates --> Mods Update --> FTB Updates, compare this to Tekkit witch is ForgeBukkit, MC Updates --> ForgeMC Updates --> Bukkit Updates --> ForgeBukkit Updates --> Mods Update --> Mods Must be Ported --> Tekkit Can Update.

2. ForgeBukkit has skipped 1.3, Now, I have no idea if "Tekkit 4" will be using this updated version of ForgeBukkit for 1.4.2, but if so, its 1.4.2 lol

3. I don't play Tekkit for the default items in MC anyway, so I don't really care what version it is LOL

Krizmac, I run a Feed the Beast server myself, and I love it, but you do know that FTB is no different really in this respect? In-fact FTB still has a couple of mods left that haven't even been finished yet, never-mind included in the pack that should be and will be in it, Including a worldgen mod. In-fact FTB at the moment has a much higher chance of needing a world reset to ensure no corrupted chunks or anything of that nature than Tekkit, (and I'm really not that big a fan of Tekkit when compared to FTB.)

Im curious about this...

how do FTB server admins manage things like permissions, land and chest protection, ranks, world editing tasks, antigriefing and so on and so forth?

Im curious about this...

how do FTB server admins manage things like permissions, land and chest protection, ranks, world editing tasks, antigriefing and so on and so forth?

Permissions: use a mod,

Protections/antigrief: use a mod/whitelist

WorldEditing task... serverside? you dont.

For the most part, most FTB admins just run it vanilla style. At least for now. I have no doubt that soon into the future support for plugins will be added... but for now, you basically have a modded minecraft.

Of course if your desperate for plugins, you can always run MC 1.2.5 instead of MC 1.4.2

Of course if your desperate for plugins, you can always run MC 1.2.5 instead of MC 1.4.2

would that make a difference? i mean, if it's not craftbukkit, or forgebukkit, then no plugins will be supported as far as i know.

It's not that i'm desperate about plugins, it's just that no serious multiplayer environment can be created without them, at least not right now. It's not a choice to have a reliable antigriefing system in a non-whitelist public big server, it's a must! And at least on my server, worldedit or something like that is mandatory as well.

Same applies to the future non-CB tekkit, if it does not get replacements for the most important bukkit plugins in a short time, then i dont expect it to have any succes in multiplayer. I will never run a server where i cannot guarantee that our buildings are safe, or where i cannot fix world grieffing or things like that.

I really hope that Forge gets powered with tons of replacements soon, for the good of Tekkit and the FTB pack

Don't forget..... Your just one type of audience....

There are plenty of very successful servers which run no plugins at all.

Have no anti-grief rules, or anything of the sort. Plenty of us, myself included would rather only have the basic plugins allowing things like teleportation and play on a smaller server. It's just the style of play that you choose.

Like I said, there are currently mods that allow for creating restrictions on what players can and cant break/have etc.. As well as most of the basic "requirements" as you might call them. Sure they aren't as easy to use, and often take much longer to configure, but the option is there for those that choose it.

As for running 1.2.5 there's nothing to stop you running Craftbukit / Forge with the FTB mods, allowing you to use plugins the same way you do with Tekkit currently. The problem with forgebukkit is that it hasn't been developed for 1.3/1.4 like it has for 1.2

As for running 1.2.5 there's nothing to stop you running Craftbukit / Forge with the FTB mods, allowing you to use plugins the same way you do with Tekkit currently. The problem with forgebukkit is that it hasn't been developed for 1.3/1.4 like it has for 1.2

Its not a matter of forgebukkit being ready for 1.3/1.4, it all depends on if the mods are ported or not ;P And you cannot run a 1.2.5 FTB server that would allow users to join with the FTB launcher, all the mods are undated for 1.4.2. They will not work with 1.2.5, so when you have to downgrade the versions, players cannot connect with newer versions :P So you might as well make your own mod-pack if you want them to do that

Sorry but, how would that help? The Server Side versions still would be for 1.4.2...having multiple MC folders wouldn't do anything...

The serverside versions for the current mods included in the pack would be yes. But like I said, there's nothing to stop you from pulling together the 1.2.5 compatible versions of the mods and running the 1.2.5 version of the FTB server the way it was just a month or two ago.

The serverside versions for the current mods included in the pack would be yes. But like I said, there's nothing to stop you from pulling together the 1.2.5 compatible versions of the mods and running the 1.2.5 version of the FTB server the way it was just a month or two ago.

Ah, but I wouldn't trust half of my players to be able to build their own mod-pack...lol

Last I checked, for the most party you can freely distribute your own mod pack within a small community. Not that I've tried it, but doesn't MultiMC also has the option to share modpacks?

Anyway it's a null point really... it's more effort than it's worth in my opinion.

For those interested the FTB mods which allow some basic commands to be restored can be found:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-142smpfihgus-command-mods-for-vanilla-server/

and

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,3319.0.html

my point stays the same, if no official forgebukkit version+launcher is released, no matter if theres a tricky way to put this all toguether, no serious server could live with this until forge gets replacements for the most important bukkit plugins.

This applies to FTB and Tekkit.

In my case, if/when Tekkit no longer uses bukkit, if there's still no counterparts for those plugins, my server will move to bukkit again, even if that means no mods anymore.

I know that in the long term forge will be much better than bukkit, but in the meantime i cant have a superwonderfull server full of supercool mods but completelly unprotected and unmanageable.

my point stays the same, if no official forgebukkit version+launcher is released, no matter if theres a tricky way to put this all toguether, no serious server could live with this until forge gets replacements for the most important bukkit plugins.

This applies to FTB and Tekkit.

In my case, if/when Tekkit no longer uses bukkit, if there's still no counterparts for those plugins, my server will move to bukkit again, even if that means no mods anymore.

I know that in the long term forge will be much better than bukkit, but in the meantime i cant have a superwonderfull server full of supercool mods but completelly unprotected and unmanageable.

It's not a case of bukkit using Tekkit... Have you not been reading any part of this argument? Or hell this entire thread and the purpose of it?

The point isn't that Tekkit and FTB can't use plugins, its that they can't use a version of Forge which is compatible with bukkit plugins when run with a version of MC higher than 1.2.5

• 2 weeks later...

And guess what? Tekkit is going to use this piece of crap software that takes 2 months to update to every single version and probably will crash every 2 seconds, while FTB is going to be using beta builds of Forge that run bukkit plugins and also getting versions of mods before everyone else does. The big difference between Tekkit and FTB? Tekkit's devs are lazy assholes. FTB's devs actually do stuff in a reasonable amount of time, and are friendly. So mod authors give FTB cool stuff. Like early access. So FTB will be updating months before tekkit.

And guess what? Tekkit is going to use this piece of crap software that takes 2 months to update to every single version and probably will crash every 2 seconds, while FTB is going to be using beta builds of Forge that run bukkit plugins and also getting versions of mods before everyone else does. The big difference between Tekkit and FTB? Tekkit's devs are lazy assholes. FTB's devs actually do stuff in a reasonable amount of time, and are friendly. So mod authors give FTB cool stuff. Like early access. So FTB will be updating months before tekkit.

Let me rephrase your statement for you, so everyone knows what you mean...

"IM A FTB FANBOY>>>I DIDN'T READ THE FORUM RULES TO I GOT A PINK NAME AND PINK IS SOOOOO GAY GUYS, WHY WONT THEY CHANGE MY NAME BACK!!! I ASKED THEM PRETTY PLOX. FORGEBUKKIT IS THE GEYEST "SOFTWARE" (no ones calls this software lol) EVEN THO I JUST SAID "while FTB is going to be using beta builds of Forge that run bukkit plugins" AND THAT MEANS FORGEBUKKIT, TEKKIT IS STILL GEY FOR COPYING FTB."

Current MCPC build for 1.4.2 is discontinued, Alpha didnt make it to "rescue" anything for 1.4.2, it was of own interest. But sparetime aint always around, and well, not that many pullrequestst were made to help sort out the build, so its still has a few faults, and as i know, it wont be updated for somethint that works.

So the MCPC 1.4.2 build discussion should be left dead.

In regards of Forge, its up to pluginmakers to make it compatible with it. Its totally possible, it just havent happend yet. We also have a 1.4.2 server runnning, with custom mods for landprotection etc. However, as stated, the popular plugins needs to make them selfe compatible, untill then, its mostly vanilla or bukkit for most people.

Current MCPC build for 1.4.2 is discontinued, Alpha didnt make it to "rescue" anything for 1.4.2, it was of own interest. But sparetime aint always around, and well, not that many pullrequestst were made to help sort out the build, so its still has a few faults, and as i know, it wont be updated for somethint that works.

So the MCPC 1.4.2 build discussion should be left dead.

In regards of Forge, its up to pluginmakers to make it compatible with it. Its totally possible, it just havent happend yet. We also have a 1.4.2 server runnning, with custom mods for landprotection etc. However, as stated, the popular plugins needs to make them selfe compatible, untill then, its mostly vanilla or bukkit for most people.

Where are you getting that "Current MCPC build for 1.4.2 is discontinued," I understand that Alpha was not planning on keeping it going threw all the updates, but you cannot just assume that it will stay dead...even after the origial post of "MCPC is Dead" on the mcpc forums you saw the community (Hint Alpha) take the time to continue the project. So the real point of this post is not to say "Hey! ForgeBukkit is for 1.4.2!" but rather show that no matter what happens there is always going to be that one guy or group that comes out of nowhere to "save the day." So this negative post saying that it should just be left alone is just a waste of time, because you cannot be sure that someone isn't trying their hand at the next version as we "speak."

Everyone just try and stay positive about this topic, if it indeed dies out, then there is no need for anyone to say it.

Also, a lot of plugins do just work with this version, only a few need to be checked. Essentials for Example, and still that only took a total of what....4 lines of Code to Fix...Anyone that can decomplie a plugin can take 5 mins to Copy/Paste from a tut.

Where are you getting that "Current MCPC build for 1.4.2 is discontinued," I understand that Alpha was not planning on keeping it going threw all the updates, but you cannot just assume that it will stay dead...even after the origial post of "MCPC is Dead" on the mcpc forums you saw the community (Hint Alpha) take the time to continue the project. So the real point of this post is not to say "Hey! ForgeBukkit is for 1.4.2!" but rather show that no matter what happens there is always going to be that one guy or group that comes out of nowhere to "save the day." So this negative post saying that it should just be left alone is just a waste of time, because you cannot be sure that someone isn't trying their hand at the next version as we "speak."

Everyone just try and stay positive about this topic, if it indeed dies out, then there is no need for anyone to say it.

Also, a lot of plugins do just work with this version, only a few need to be checked. Essentials for Example, and still that only took a total of what....4 lines of Code to Fix...Anyone that can decomplie a plugin can take 5 mins to Copy/Paste from a tut.

Well, I have a positive idea and have been discussing with one of the server owner that open a server up for white listed PvP.

What are the common ingredients for 1.42 ForgeBukkit? If you can, TheSpoonyOne, contact me on Skype, username Bopkasen. I would like to discuss about it. Dedicated programmers are hard to come by, but I, for one, would consider myself a non-profit businessman using the practice of business to make this happen.

Well, I have a positive idea and have been discussing with one of the server owner that open a server up for white listed PvP.

What are the common ingredients for 1.42 ForgeBukkit? If you can, TheSpoonyOne, contact me on Skype, username Bopkasen. I would like to discuss about it. Dedicated programmers are hard to come by, but I, for one, would consider myself a non-profit businessman using the practice of business to make this happen.

All the luck to you man, but I wouldn't be helpful in this at all xP Feel free to keep me updated here tho, i would love to know about any progress to a new version :)

I'm curious, if he's making all those accounts just to post. Why not ipban? I'm not telling the mods how to do their job but damn man, insult after insult to the modders who actually code for technic and tekkit. I'd like to see him do it by himself just for irony's sake.

Also on a slightly more related note. I did find a modder whos working on competing with tekkit. His plugins and mods are updated to 1.4.5 and use forge (idk if its forge bukkit but its forge clientside). IT's called the better world modpack. So far it looks promising and the mods have very few bugs if any.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486452-145144-betterworld-build-your-world-how-you-like-more-then-1500-diff-blocks-slopes-columns-plants/

I'm honestly looking forward to tekkit 1.4 I actually am taking a break from it until they finally update it. I have been using Tekkit mods in my vanilla forge client as they continue to be released haha. Getting very close to all of the mods being updated.