MCPC 1.4.5: ForgeBukkit Lives On!

TheSpoonyOne

We have here, something promising! ForgeBukkit for 1.4.2 and......wait for it....1.4.5!!

What does this mean?

Well, this definitely doesn't mean that forge is ready to go and everything is "right as rain," but what you should take from this is: The Community is trying! As almost everyone knows forgebukkit was declared dead on its site and here on the technicpack.net. Now when I saw this post, all it was to me; was drama...Sure forge can't be easily updated anymore (for now that is ;)) but this post saying "Forge is dead" and it is doomed was really just a huge waste of time.

Now, just for the people that want to know "Why doesn't tekkit update, you have the links to 1.4.5 forgebukkit right here!!" ....well there is one huge problem, well maybe not "problem" but "annoyance"/"task" for our lovely moders to take on....porting. Oh yessss, porting. Wouldn't it just be a perfect world if you could just update forgebukkit with MC and the mods magically work? *please sit back and imagine :DDDD* WAKE THE F### UP MAN!!! That's not gonna happen, ever, so for now (and ever) we have to port the required mods....one...by...one....by...one o.o

Can I make my own version of tekkit with this?

This isn't any type of permission, I'm speaking theatrically.

You can try! (As long as you get permissions, ect.) Feel free to go to the links section and check out the MCPC site. The More people that get online and port mods, the better! Also, just requesting the mods will put much needed pressure on current moders to get the people what they want ;)

LINKS(Not Downloads):

Also be sure to follow all forum rules while visiting MCPC ;)

Minecraft Port Central: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/

Forge Bukkit for 1.4.2 (Ported Mod List at Link): http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.4.2

Forge Bukkit for 1.4.5 (Ported Mod List at Link): http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.4.5

Request a port: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?board=5.0

Stay Updated with 1.4.5 ForgeBukkit: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=4256.msg23000#msg23000

Un-Official Ports:

Minecraft Port Central Un-Official (1.4.2/5): http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?board=3.0

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the MCPC build is a big first step, but all the mods still need to be updated for 1.4.2 and then ported to be compatible with bukkit, i would say we are still a ways away from seeing a finished package

thanks for your reply,

will that hypotethic 1.4.2 version be released by the technicpack folks? or by the community? i dont yet know who is who here

Get your shit together Technicpack Team, you now have hope >:D

Its a modpack, which means it involves putting other people's shit together.

Of particular note, of the 6 major mods that make up Technic/Tekkit modpacks, only two are actually finished.

1. Equivalent Exchange 3, is prerelease, possible bugs still remaining, not a final release.

2. Buildcraft 3, is compile it yourself special, not that stable, not a final release.

3. Industrial Craft 1.08, is public beta, only a few bugs but still not a final release.

4. ComputerCraft 1.46, is a final version

5. Railcraft 6.7.0.0, is a final version, with the odd bug.

6. Redpower 2 for 1.4.2, is still not publicly available in any form.

Technicpack is the Single Player mod pack, the one that doesn't need a server in the first place. Tekkit is the one that needs a bukkit server, and compatible bukkit versions of all the mods.

Nothing has changed, still can't even release Technic (single player)

Its nice to see people with enthusiasm for tekkit, but perhaps in the future you could get bent or something, ta.

Its a modpack, which means it involves putting other people's shit together.

Of particular note, of the 6 major mods that make up Technic/Tekkit modpacks, only two are actually finished.

1. Equivalent Exchange 3, is prerelease, possible bugs still remaining, not a final release.

2. Buildcraft 3, is compile it yourself special, not that stable, not a final release.

3. Industrial Craft 1.08, is public beta, only a few bugs but still not a final release.

4. ComputerCraft 1.46, is a final version

5. Railcraft 6.7.0.0, is a final version, with the odd bug.

6. Redpower 2 for 1.4.2, is still not publicly available in any form.

Technicpack is the Single Player mod pack, the one that doesn't need a server in the first place. Tekkit is the one that needs a bukkit server, and compatible bukkit versions of all the mods.

Nothing has changed, still can't even release Technic (single player)

Its nice to see people with enthusiasm for tekkit, but perhaps in the future you could get bent or something, ta.

Something has changed, there wasn't going to be ANY versions of ForgeBukkit, now there are. If you check out my newest link

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.4.2

They have started porting over some key mods, and seeing that tekkit uses some really popular mods, they will all be ported faster than you think ;) '

Also, I could make you a technicpack for 1.4.2 right now....Feed the Best uses a lot of the same mods, and its 1.4.2...Yes, some mods are not updated(and will not be), but you do know that the team here can change the mod list anytime they wish...

but perhaps in the future you could get bent or something

What do you mean "bent"?

UPDATE:

IC2 Has been ported for this ForgeBukkit 1.4.2 >:D With 3 addons

Check my last link!

So how exactly does this work? If ForgeBukkit is dead, then how come we have a good selection here of forge mods ported to Bukkit? Is there no ForgeBukkit after 1.4.2 or is the death of ForgeBukkit a myth?

There are now 4 "BETA" Builds of this ForgeBukkit! v5 Implements Craftbukkit 1.4.2 r0.1 Beta Build, this build has been labeled "Broken" on the bukkit.org site. I would suggest using v7 or v8, for it uses Craftbukkit 1.4.2 r0.2 Beta Build! Lets work to keep this topic alive for hope that this version stays popular and work is continued!

Porting to MCPC doesn't actually look that hard. I might give it a try when I get a chance, but I'm not sure that I would be able to distribute it, since I might not have the recognition needed for a mod author to entrust me with the Bukkit port to their mod...

If the project is to succeed, is it likely Tekkit will use this to update to 1.4? It'd be nice to start planning/configuring new plugins and testing current plugins new features early and have everything ready for the update. It seems to be somewhat official on the MCPC forum/wiki now, we can only hope for the best. I'm sure plugin authors won't mind adding "a few lines of code" for Tekkit support if it is to become 1.4.

u will find that most people on this forum are assholes especially when u talk about the future or progress/advancement for mods

for example if you asked why 1.3 tekkit isnt even out yet u'd probably get banned

Yeah ...

Welcome to "lovely" technic community.

Check the main site man, they updated tekkit to 3.1.3 to get ready for the next release of tekkit, I amuse will be "tekkit 4"

"Tekkit 3.1.3 is still Minecraft 1.2.5! This version is basically finalizing our 1.2.5 builds so we can completely focus on the next version of Tekkit. There are a lot of awesome things stirring up for Tekkit and we are working full time on getting them to you."

Are you kidding me? This is why I left Tekkit for Feed The Beast. The Tekkit guys are complete Tools, who really have no idea what is going on. Before you bash me for "omg you n00b", just because I have very few posts here does not mean that I am retarded.

The next Version on Tekkit? Really? So when Minecraft 1.4.5 is out, you guys "might" be playing 1.3? Won't that be swell!

Seriously folks, why do people even waste their time with some outdated, poorly upkept shit like Tekkit?

"Tekkit 3.1.3 is still Minecraft 1.2.5! This version is basically finalizing our 1.2.5 builds so we can completely focus on the next version of Tekkit. There are a lot of awesome things stirring up for Tekkit and we are working full time on getting them to you."

Are you kidding me? This is why I left Tekkit for Feed The Beast. The Tekkit guys are complete Tools, who really have no idea what is going on. Before you bash me for "omg you n00b", just because I have very few posts here does not mean that I am retarded.

The next Version on Tekkit? Really? So when Minecraft 1.4.5 is out, you guys "might" be playing 1.3? Won't that be swell!

Seriously folks, why do people even waste their time with some outdated, poorly upkept shit like Tekkit?

Because the technic team doesn't want you to need a new world every update, so they're waiting on world-gen mods.