How to: Automatic Redpower EMC/Lava Generator/Tree Farm

Fleeb

For various reasons, it's been awhile since I've been to these forums, but some time ago there was some interest in tree farm and emc/lava generator designs using redpower (and EE oc). To the poster that was interested, I'm sorry this took so long, but it proved unexpectedly troublesome to host photos online with my existing internet setup then. These designs are superior in ease of construction and output efficiency to nearly everything I've seen, but if you find a new way to use them or a better system I'd love to see it. I have found some means of improving these since I designed them, and I'd be happy to describe how and will maybe post images if I find the time. Anyhow, these images should explain just about everything, but if anyone has questions I'm happy to answer. Without further ado:

This set on Flickr, if the images don't work. I'm new at this, so they probably won't.

The EMC Generator:

Runs on milk collected by a deployer. A milk bucket is worth only 1 EMC more than a lava bucket (ore on how to deal with the difference later), so the milk is converted to lava and either deployed into a pump for collection by a buildcraft pump (depositing it into a tank didn't work for some reason) or placed under a water block to be made into obsidian which is broken by a block breaker and sent to a collection condenser.

Configured for EMC

photostream

photostream

Configured for Lava

photostream

Filter/Deployer Setup (If you can't discern which machine's GUI is pictured, just ask.)

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

The Tree Farm:

Sand drop-coring type, works best with pine trees for highest output. Saw the principle on youtube, but couldn't understand the circuitry so I designed my own, based on two self-resetting counter mechanisms, one for the sand system and one for the block breaker. I have since modified it to catch the dropped saplings by burying the circuitry ad surrounding the base with a water collection system. Will work without bonemeal, just deathly slow. This one is setup to administer bonemeal after each cycle, so all you need to do is hook up an emc generator producing the stuff and pipe it into the deployer. The tube distances do matter, as this machine does away with filters by leaving no empty slots in the deployers, so items have only one place in the system to go that is closest per redpowers routing algorithm. Output is the restriction pipe, for some reason there is no chest. (If you cant discern which machine/redstone component's GUI is pictured, just ask)

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream