In voltz, there's many ways to make Jules, however I find that a fission reactor set up right, will generate more than sufficient power for a survival map. By utilizing steam funnels, keeping it drained of toxic waste and setting it up surrounded by enough water that it doesn't need a thermometer to keep it cool, you can generate almost limitless energy. I'm not hating on fusion reactors, however they are extremely expensive to set up in comparison and keeping them fueled can be a chore itself, they also require power to run. If you do set up a fusion reactor, don't plug then in to your grid, they suck up energy more than an old air conditioning unit in tropical whether.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Leojayblue
      It took me forever to figure out how to get my fission reactor to drain, unfortunately there is little to no in sight in this around the internet. So I am sharing my discovery with those of you who are having difficulty draining the toxic waste from your fission reactor. You know that little block called "reactor drain"? Don't use it. There's a couple reasons why
      Number one you don't need it
      Number two its a waste of space
      Number three I don't even know how its properly used.
      Anyway, here's what you'll need.
      Mechanical pipe
      A properly set up Dynamic tank
      A configurator
      So here's a secret, if you have your fission reactor submerged under one block of water and at least two blocks of water around it, it will never over heat. So now you can utilize the space under your reactor. So hook your mechanical pipe up on the bottom of your reactor, use the configurator on the piece that's connected to the reactor,  so that piece is red. Now run the ye pipe to your dynamic tank and presto, your now draining that nasty toxic waste into your dynamic tank. It will fill quick, so buckets are now your new bff. I have my reactor set up to an ME network, so its auto fed fission rods. I reccomend this, because than you can set up steam funnels and have a closed reactor and double efficiency. Also consider hook in your pistons up to a daylight sensor, with steam funnels, your reactor turbine will coast through the day and the pisons will drop at night. This is the most efficient set up I've found
    • By jalen1563
      The world has just been through world war three. Humanity now has to start from the ground up, starting with a bunker named bunker 39. Choose to play it safe, stay in the bunker, drink, party, live life. Or go outside the bunker, where you will not be safe from whatever horrors lay beyond. This modpack is based around the aftermath of world war three. You spawn in a bunker, with minimal supplies. You may stay for awhile or go outside and build a new life, possibly grow some drugs, make money, live life as a god. Everything is gone. The world is your warzone.

This modpack (Project Dedux) contains the mods:
      Bibliocraft, Flans, Mcheli, fusion warfare, psychedilicraft (drugs), Mekanism, and much, much more.
      Website is projectdedux.enjin.com/, where you can buy donation ranks, talk about the server, or apply for staff.
      Good luck and have fun!
    • By ssgtmccrae
      Welcome to RPMGaming's BadWolf Pack Server!

Server Address: minecraft.rpmgaming.com

PACK ADDRESS (Add this to launcher) -- http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/badwolf-pack
      (Note if your having trouble with this link, right click and hit copy link address)

Note before running the modpack you MUST use 2 GB for techniclauncher and increase permgen size to atleast 256 MB as seen [HERE]

Modpack Page -- http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/badwolf-pack.2432
      Teamspeak: aux.rpmgaming.com pw: eastbay

A list of mods can be found [HERE]. This includes:
      --GalactiCraft
      --Big Reactors
      --Mekanism
      --ThermalExpansion
      --Hardcore Ender Expantion
      --Farlander's Mod
      --Mystcraft
      --Archimedes Ships
      --TwilightForest
      --Thaumcraft
      --Ars Magicka
      --Much, Much More

In your launcher, click "Add New Pack", paste in the Platform URL given after clicking the link above.

We are a FRIENDLY server community of MineCraft players who enjoy Survival Mode as a group. We aim to gather friends
      on our server in order to explore, build, survive and have fun together while using the new and complex technologies our modpack provides.

This server is now an OPEN server. 4 things we recommend to stay safe:
      -As soon as it is updated, MFFS will be installed which is WAY more than capable of keeping your thing protected.
      -Use secure storage from thermal expansion or other mods.
      -DONT BUILD NEAR SPAWN. YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELF A TARGET. If you need, a staff member will be more than willing to tp you out a couple thousand blocks from spawn and give you a bed (once)
      -SecretRooms mod is installed, It's great for making secret vaults and hiding your stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR RULES:

1.NO Griefing: This is when we feel that pvp is getting out of hand or a group of people is ganging up on rather new/ unprepared/ or peaceful players for the sole purpose of being cruel.
      -THIS IS FULLY UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE STAFF AND COULD RESULT IN EITHER A PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY BAN.

2. PVP is niether encouraged or prohibited. It comes with consequences and will result in a ban if it becomes a violation of rule 1. (At the discretion of Admin involved.)
      (We will only severely punish the Aggressor if the attacked reports it)
      -If you want a guarantee you won't be banned for "Warcrimes" whisper a staff memebr or ask the person first. You will usually get a yes

3. NO cheating. (If temporarily given creative and privilege is abused, you will be teleported to remote location and your house will be decimated)
      -I'll warn you now, we are a pretty loose staff, but we tend to get on people more for cheating than anything. We all play by the same rules (staff included) so please respect that. We enjoy you guys play with us and if you reach endgame because of a cheat, you'll leave (and everyone does) because you bored => We get lonely => Sadness for all.
    • By Derpologist
      Help!
      I have been working on a project in Voltz 3.1.2 (1.6.4) 
      Its a HUGE base which will be for a later project (I'm using creative but making it able to sustain life in survival mode)
      I was using coal generators, but wanted to start using nuclear. I built a fission reactor in a secluded, well protected, bomb proof bunker at bedrock and it was working fine. Up until now.
      I heard that you have to pipe the liquid toxic waste out, so I put a cobblestone liquid transport pipe and a tank on the bottom of the reactor. about 20 mins later I go back down and toxic waste is EVERYWHERE! The tank didn't fill at all. Since then I have tried many many different orientations, even with the pipe next to the reactor. still the same toxic waste. This is really making me mad. In the older versions of volts all you had to do was build it (which I know I'm doing correctly) and there your done. not anymore. Hate these changes. 
      Also-what ever happened to fusion reactors in 3.1.2? Kind of a bummer because I use these to power particle accelerators...
    • By gidonyou
      As you are seeing on screen shot, it is not disabled, and it is default setting..

However, When I check creative or NEI, Fission Reactor is GONE, Not there.. Any solution to problem?