3.1.3 Reported issues and possible fixes

Jelato Foot

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem when one of my players built an engine and crashed the server. Followed the steps to replace the buildcraft API in the railcraft archive. This got the server running again no problem, BUT all railcraft parts in the world have vanished and any attempt to create new ones results in a crash for the client. I've also attempted this with a client that has done the same API replacement to their Tekkit files. Has anyone else encountered this? Other posters seem only concerned with fixing IC2 and buildcraft issues. Does anyone else use railcraft?

Mine says

Error occured during the initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the java virtual machine

Fix please? I have a bukkit and it works. (BTW i deleted bukkit for this so I could run it thats not my problem)

I'm pretty sure that's not a 3.1.3 issue, go make a bug report in the bugs forum(Use the "Submit a bug report" button).

Mine says

Error occured during the initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the java virtual machine

Fix please? I have a bukkit and it works. (BTW i deleted bukkit for this so I could run it thats not my problem)

Is this with your client or Server? All you need to do is change the amount of RAM allocated to Tekkit when it is launched. If it is the server doing this than just edit the "start.bat" or "launch.bat." If you use McMyAdmin or Something from a host, contact them because they have either not reserved enough space for the amount of ram you were promised, or they have reserved to much.

I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this in but here goes I guess, in this thread I'm gonna post the solutions I have used for some of the reported issues with the 3.1.3 dev build, hopefully it will help some people out that are having these issues until the technic guys can get everything fixed up. This thread however will not contain drag and drop fixes for your server as I don't want to step on any toes by distributing modified versions of other people's code/mods without permission.

Issue: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException (IC2)

Cause: Issue in the port, some package references remain as net.minecraft.src

Solution(s): Replace occurrences of "net.minecraft.src" with "net.minecraft.server" in ic2.api.ElectricItem ic2.api.NetworkHelper ic2.common.EnergyNet

Issue: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: energyStored / java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

Cause: Railcraft update contains a newer buildcraft API which is conflicting with the version of buildcraft running

Solution(s): Remove the new buildcraft API from the updated railcraft jar and then change the TileEntityRockCrusher's 2 references to the new API so they conform to the old API (simply changing the args from floats back to ints) (second part not actually required for functional rock crusher, but is required if you want to port the rock crusher to buildcraft2 and require an energy input for it)

Issue: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException (to do with ComputerCraft) after merging 3.1.3 with 3.1.2 files

Cause: Server tries to load 2 versions of ComputerCraft, in 3.1.2 the CC mod is a directory called ComputerCraft in the mods folder, in 3.1.3 the CC mod is a zip file

Solution(s): Delete "ComputerCraft" directory inside the mods directory

Issue: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.common.TileEntityNuclearReactor.tickRate()

Cause: Mismatch between IC2 nuclear reactor API and old version of IC2 Nuclear Control mod

Solution(s): Updating to the new version of the nuclear control mod SHOULD work, however it's been reported that it doesn't, in which case you need to change the ic2.api.IReactor interface function getTickRate() back to tickRate() and also do the same in ic2.common.TileEntityNuclearReactor

Issue: [WARNING] Could not retrieve Forestry item identified by: ...

Cause: Railcraft is trying to interface with forestry container items, which don't exist because tekkit doesn't run forestry

Solution(s): Ignore it, it's not an error and won't cause any problems

These are all I really know of atm, I'll try and keep the thread updated with any more that I come across in my testingz, for those of you who don't know how to do some of the code changes required for some of the fixes, google around for how to decompile java classes, it's incredibly simple stuff just make sure you backup your world ;)

Do you Know if you could fix this please?

13:19:48 [sEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

13:19:48 [sEVERE]at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:126)

13:19:48 [sEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

13:19:48 [sEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

13:19:48 [sEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

13:19:48 [sEVERE]at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

13:19:48 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:126)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

>

If anyone is still leery of downloading the fix from Tekkitopotamus I think I have found another way to fix the advanced machines issue.

To fix the IC2 Tekkit 3.1.3 crashing, do the following:

1. Stop your Tekkit 3.1.3 server (if not already stopped...or crashed ^_^ )

2. Go to your Tekkit server mods folder

2. Find the file called: "industrialcraft2-1.103-mcpc1.2.5r2.zip"

3. Open the zip file and go into the ic2/api directory (no need to decompress it - just edit directly)

4. Delete ElectricItem.class, EnergyNet.class, and NetworkHelper.class

5. Open the zip file: "industrialcraft2-1.97-mcpc1.2.5-r7.zip" from Tekkit 3.1.2

6. Copy over ElectricItem.class, EnergyNet.class, and NetworkHelper.class from the earlier version of IC2 to the new version of IC2

7. Restart server and enjoy game

Thanks to Tekkitopotamus for figuring out which files needed to be replaced. I have tested this on my server and everything seems to be working fine.

When i try to delete the files, it insists that i cant't because they are being used, when i have nothing else running, also, where can i get Tekkit 3.1.2?

Another thing, i have no NetworkHelper.class file

Tekkitopotamus thank you very much for this, it fixed my rotary macerator crash problem so my friends and I can play again.

Thanks man you rock!

Well...I got tired of waiting for an official fix, so attached to this post are modified versions of the 3 IC2 classes with the minor interface conflict fixes, as follows: ElectricItem.class, EnergyNet.class, NetworkHelper.class

I have uploaded the 3 classes in a tiny zip file here:

ic2 api class fix

There is nothing dangerous about these files - they merely change the path and are just a patch (not the whole ic2 mod).

3. Open the zip file and go into the ic2/api directory (no need to decompress it - just edit directly)

5. Download the class fix .zip in the above link

6. Copy the 3 classes from the downloaded zip and paste them into ic2 zip api folder where you just deleted the others

7. Close your ic2 zip and start your server. It should no longer crash relating to this specific interface fix. (It may crash for other reasons, however.)

[NOTE: This change is only for 3.1.3 installs, not 3.1.2]

My server seems to be stable on 3.1.3 with the Nuclear Control update and the attached fixed ic2 classes, including with working Rotary Macerator, etc. I didn't have to delete any advanced machines, downgrade, or reinstall. Also, I haven't really been screwing around with RailCraft, so I can't comment on that issue. I just wanted my automated quarries to work and for the server to be stable.

Finally, my feedback to the Tekkit team on the 3.1.3 release would be that, even though this is an IC2 mod issue, 3.1.3 isn't really a viable "final release". As we have all seen, 3.1.3 doesn't work and there should have been more due diligence and integration testing before pushing it to the public (such as including working Nuclear Control client/server mods which were already released). The upgrade was, no doubt, disappointing for many Tekkit users who wanted to try to upgrade from 3.1.2. Also, it is far beyond the average user ability to be able to install IDEs, decompile and recompile java files, or even set up the required mod build environment with MCP and all the necessary includes (or even understand what was happening to cause the crash in the first place). So, it is in the best interest of all concerned to do a little bit better review, especially given the complicated and diverse mod synchronization and interactions involved in any intended release.

Hope these posts help get most of you up-and-running on 3.1.3. Thanks to Jelato above who saved me some time and no offense to the IC2 modders. (But, it would be nice to have an official MC1.2.5-based fix for 3.1.3. Or, maybe someone wants to rev the 3.1.3 Tekkit client/server installers to 3.1.4 with modifications posted to this thread, perhaps with a RailCraft fix, as required.)

Well...I got tired of waiting for an official fix, so attached to this post are modified versions of the 3 IC2 classes with the minor interface conflict fixes, as follows: ElectricItem.class, EnergyNet.class, NetworkHelper.class

ic2 api class fix

There is nothing dangerous about these files - they merely change the path and are just a patch (not the whole ic2 mod).

6. Copy the 3 classes from the downloaded zip and paste them into ic2 zip api folder where you just deleted the others

7. Close your ic2 zip and start your server. It should no longer crash relating to this specific interface fix. (It may crash for other reasons, however.)

My server seems to be stable on 3.1.3 with the Nuclear Control update and the attached fixed ic2 classes, including with working Rotary Macerator, etc. I didn't have to delete any advanced machines, downgrade, or reinstall. Also, I haven't really been screwing around with RailCraft, so I can't comment on that issue. I just wanted my automated quarries to work and for the server to be stable.

Finally, my feedback to the Tekkit team on the 3.1.3 release would be that, even though this is an IC2 mod issue, 3.1.3 isn't really a viable "final release". As we have all seen, 3.1.3 doesn't work and there should have been more due diligence and integration testing before pushing it to the public (such as including working Nuclear Control client/server mods which were already released). The upgrade was, no doubt, disappointing for many Tekkit users who wanted to try to upgrade from 3.1.2. Also, it is far beyond the average user ability to be able to install IDEs, decompile and recompile java files, or even set up the required mod build environment with MCP and all the necessary includes (or even understand what was happening to cause the crash in the first place). So, it is in the best interest of all concerned to do a little bit better review, especially given the complicated and diverse mod synchronization and interactions involved in any intended release.

Hope these posts help get most of you up-and-running on 3.1.3. Thanks to Jelato above who saved me some time and no offense to the IC2 modders. (But, it would be nice to have an official MC1.2.5-based fix for 3.1.3. Or, maybe someone wants to rev the 3.1.3 Tekkit client/server installers to 3.1.4 with modifications posted to this thread, perhaps with a RailCraft fix, as required.)

Thanx mate! This solved the problem.

Please help me with this:

05:59:08 [iNFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it

05:59:08 [iNFO] Done (1.688s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

05:59:08 [sEVERE] java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: i

c2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity,

int, boolean)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(Network

Helper.java:62)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.q_(Til

eEntityAdvancedMachine.java:130)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:11

89)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServe

r.java:559)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer

ver.java:457)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour

ceFile:492)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.Netwo

rkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(Network

Helper.java:49)

05:59:08 [sEVERE] ... 5 more

05:59:08 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.Networ

kManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:62)

at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.q_(TileEntityAdvancedM

achine.java:130)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiate

TileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)

at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:49)

... 5 more

>

It has happened with 5 servers now, I work for like 5 hours on each then I can't log back in. I've tried everything in this list and nothing, I've tried deleting NetworkManager, looking for net/minecraft/src but there is none, and everything but it is still not working. So, can you guys please help? Idk if its the macerator or the transformers neer it I really don't but I'd just love some help. Thanks.

ic2 api class fix

That link doesn't work for me. It just continues and continues to try to load.

C:\My Documents\Minecraft\Servers\Tekkit J,H,J>java -Xmx4G -Xms4G -jar Tekkit.ja

r nogui

182 recipes

27 achievements

17:47:35 [iNFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5

17:47:35 [iNFO] Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization

17:47:35 [iNFO] Completed early MinecraftForge initialization

17:47:35 [iNFO] Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.91.182 for Minecraft 1.2.5 loading

17:47:35 [iNFO] Loading mods from C:\My Documents\Minecraft\Servers\Tekkit J,H,J

\mods

17:47:35 [WARNING] Failed to load mod class net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres.

class in C:\My Documents\Minecraft\Servers\Tekkit J,H,J\mods\mod_NetherOres.jar

17:47:35 [sEVERE] Zip file mod_NetherOres.jar failed to read properly

17:47:35 [iNFO] File mod_NetherOres.jar contained no mods

17:47:36 [iNFO] Directory weaponmod contained no mods

17:47:36 [sEVERE] A problem has occured during mod loading. Likely a corrupt jar

is located in your mods directory

17:47:36 [sEVERE] cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.Loade

rException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/server/mod_Net

herOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:606)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBuk

kitHandler.java:134)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe

rver.java:125)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer

ver.java:428)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour

ceFile:492)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.Unsu

pportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres : Unsupported majo

r.minor version 51.0

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:5

27)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptFileLoad(Loader.jav

a:562)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:419)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] ... 5 more

17:47:36 [sEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecra

ft/server/mod_NetherOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown S

ource)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Me

thod)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown So

urce)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:4

94)

17:47:36 [sEVERE] ... 7 more

17:47:36 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.l

ang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres : Unsuppor

ted major.minor version 51.0

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:606)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBukkitHandler.java:

134)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:125)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:428)

Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersio

nError: net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptFileLoad(Loader.java:562)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:419)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/server/mod_Neth

erOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)

... 7 more

>

Erm, not really good with these stuff but i cant start the server as this happen:/ Any help or suggestion? Much appreciated

We should stop this turning into a bug reports thread. Andalea, go make a bug report in the proper section please, so this doesn't just become a big bug report in the wrong place. Your problem isn't 3.1.3 specific as far as I know, and even if it was this is probably the wrong place.

Just saying this before it gets too bad.

@Windycloud

There should be a zip file in your mods folder called nether ores and another one called advanced machines or something like that.

Delete those and your server will work.

If you want your advanced machines, then replace the api files like Tekkitopotamus said and keep the advanced machines file.

Pretty sure that'll get your server working.

Yeah, also @prolo, I fixed it so it doesn't really matter.

There's a better fix to that than just deleting all mods...

If everyone just deleted mods when they didn't work, there would be no need for this thread. My point still stands, this isn't a bug report thread, it's a thread for people to post solutions to problems with 3.1.3, and I'm pretty sure that Windycloud doesn't have a 3.1.3 specific issue.

ic2 api class fix

I was having this problem with my server and this patch did in fact fix it but after that i figured okay i can use rotary macerators again so i made an ore refinery but upon starting it up the same error came back i tried reinstalling this patch and even removing advanced machines but none of this seems to fix it is there another patch available? please help